Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Loic Remy (QPR)

Read 41927 times
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Re: Loic Remy (QPR)
      Reply #138: Jul 19, 2014 01:25:30 pm
      Got to say, pretty satisfied with this signing, if he has agreed for lowering his wages. So it'll be

??/Markovic - Sturridge/Lambert - Sterling/Remy

Hope the ?? is someone who can get the fans excited as well
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #139: Jul 19, 2014 01:30:40 pm
      What this amounts to - swapping 6m + Remy for Borini - seems like we will be getting a reasonable deal here for me.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #140: Jul 19, 2014 01:34:19 pm
      Well, I am actually quite flummoxed with this position of yours and am very intrigued by it, as opposed to being awkward as you so perceive.

Again, what is this "natural" scope of a players price and where does it come from?

I'm sure you can work it out.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #141: Jul 19, 2014 01:37:13 pm
      Got to say, pretty satisfied with this signing, if he has agreed for lowering his wages. So it'll be

??/Markovic - Sturridge/Lambert - Sterling/Remy

Hope the ?? is someone who can get the fans excited as well
      Yeah it is good. Suarez was a slight weakness because he was a brilliant player among average and good players, if he got injured or suspended we all panicked. Now that quality is spread out we can be less reliant on particular players.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #142: Jul 19, 2014 01:38:39 pm
      What this amounts to - swapping 6m + Remy for Borini - seems like we will be getting a reasonable deal here for me.

If we were paying 6m plus Borini for Remy ....it would still have been a good deal imo.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #143: Jul 19, 2014 01:45:50 pm
      I'll be made up if we get this deal sorted. Hopefuly wake up in the morning and see him out the front of Melwood holding the Famous Red Shirt aloft.
      jtrollip
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 192 posts |
      Reply #144: Jul 19, 2014 01:47:50 pm
      Yeah it is good. Suarez was a slight weakness because he was a brilliant player among average and good players, if he got injured or suspended we all panicked. Now that quality is spread out we can be less reliant on particular players.

sarcasm much?
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #145: Jul 19, 2014 01:48:20 pm
      If we were paying 6m plus Borini for Remy ....it would still have been a good deal imo.
      :lmao:
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #146: Jul 19, 2014 02:01:35 pm
      So it'd be a case of either one or the other out of Bony and Remy or does anyone reckon we're after both?
      Maybe it depends on anyone else we may be after i.e more of a statement player...
      MattJL
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #147: Jul 19, 2014 02:03:45 pm
      Borini out for 14m, Remy in for 8m. In Brendan we trust.  :scarf:
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #148: Jul 19, 2014 02:14:22 pm
      Mirror reporting deal almost done. Anyone see him being quite similar to Sturridge? Maybe his deputy?
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #149: Jul 19, 2014 02:16:47 pm
      Mirror reporting deal almost done. Anyone see him being quite similar to Sturridge? Maybe his deputy?

Looks like a bit of a dribbler beat his man type of player from what I've seen, could play out wide more than central.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #150: Jul 19, 2014 02:24:40 pm

In that case we would be paying around 20M  for Remy, because Borini is being valued at 14M  to go to sunderland

YNWA
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #151: Jul 19, 2014 02:24:47 pm
      Looks a decent option, but I'm beginning to get worried with what looks like a scattergun approach whereby we look to  sign the best of the rest. Real top quality has now got to be the order of the day.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #152: Jul 19, 2014 02:34:30 pm
      In that case we would be paying around 20M  for Remy, because Borini is being valued at 14M  to go to sunderland

YNWA

Or maybe I don't believe Borini is actually worth the £14m that we are getting for him. Remy worth about £12/15m imo, Borini worth about £8/10m

Whichever way you look at it ... it's a good deal :)
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #153: Jul 19, 2014 02:35:01 pm
      Looks a decent option, but I'm beginning to get worried with what looks like a scattergun approach whereby we look to  sign the best of the rest. Real top quality has now got to be the order of the day.

Ye for sure. Yes these are decent capable signings but they will they be the difference in winning the league or not?
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #154: Jul 19, 2014 02:39:22 pm
      Im really not sure about this one. But alas it looks like its going ahead. Cheap and no worse than Borini. My worry is that this is our last striker in the door.... 2 good and 1 great as opposed to 2 great...
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #155: Jul 19, 2014 02:54:42 pm
      Im really not sure about this one. But alas it looks like its going ahead. Cheap and no worse than Borini. My worry is that this is our last striker in the door.... 2 good and 1 great as opposed to 2 great...

The latter 2 statements are assumptions though. Just because you have that worry it doesn't mean that's the case. Also, Remy could be much better than you predict him to be so he may have a 'great' season as opposed to a good one which you think would match his ability. 
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #156: Jul 19, 2014 03:01:30 pm
      The latter 2 statements are assumptions though. Just because you have that worry it doesn't mean that's the case. Also, Remy could be much better than you predict him to be so he may have a 'great' season as opposed to a good one which you think would match his ability. 

Definitely an assumption, otherwise I would be doing the lotto right now. ;-) If he was a top top player he would have plenty of clubs after him. Look we let a world class striker leave and now we need to do our very best to replace with the best we can get, is that Remy? I just get the feeling we are trying to fill the 31 goal void with 2no. 15 goal players. Thats all well and good, but Luis brought a lot more than 31 goals to last season. His work ethic alone is what needs to be maintained. Also assists and the number of pens he won need to be taken into account. More than 50 goals need to be replaced.

Would prefer a Munian, Higuain, Lavezzi, Tevez or the likes being signed. But this isnt fantasy manager. Time will tell whether these signings are worthy. Borini and Aspas were of the same ilk and ranking as is Remy. Just saying.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #157: Jul 19, 2014 03:35:13 pm
      Think BR is doing decent business. Borini, who didn't work out, moved on and Remy in, who imo is a better striker/goalscorer, and for less cash.
      Still though, would not like to go into next season with just Studge/Lambert/Remy up top. Hoping BR will dip into the market again for a really top striker. If he only wants to go into next year with 3 strikers, I would not have signed Remy - rather put that cash into someone who could start ahead of Studge.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #158: Jul 19, 2014 03:41:44 pm
      Arsenal fans now condemning Remy now that he's joining us, claiming how he has a bad attitude demanding high wages despite them wanting Arsene to offer Khedira 200k per week. Bunch of silly hypocrites.

Remy's prem statistics for 13/14:

26 appearances
      14 goals
      30 chances created
      49% shooting accuracy
      81% passing accuracy
      44% average duels won

Borini stats 13/14:

32 appearances
      7 goals
      26 chances created
      50% shooting accuracy
      77% passing accuracy
      44% avg duels won

Remy is a steal
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #159: Jul 19, 2014 04:50:50 pm
      Clever piece of business if you ask me, this lad is MUCH MUCH better than Borini, have no doubt about that. He is also worth more than 8.5 million agreed via the clause. I'm hopeful that the money burning a hole in Brendan's pocket will now be splashed on a bid for Paul Pogba or another top top midfielder
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #160: Jul 19, 2014 04:57:00 pm
      Arsenal fans now condemning Remy now that he's joining us, claiming how he has a bad attitude demanding high wages despite them wanting Arsene to offer Khedira 200k per week. Bunch of silly hypocrites.

Remy's prem statistics for 13/14:

26 appearances
      14 goals
      30 chances created
      49% shooting accuracy
      81% passing accuracy
      44% average duels won

Borini stats 13/14:

32 appearances
      7 goals
      26 chances created
      50% shooting accuracy
      77% passing accuracy
      44% avg duels won

Remy is a steal

goals per game ratio is all that's needed to look at for a striker if its better than 1 in 2 he's a good striker if he can pass a ball and make goals for others all the better but 1 goal every other game is very tidy.

Quick Reply