Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

Loic Remy (QPR)

Read 42857 times
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Re: Loic Remy (QPR)
      Reply #230: Jul 21, 2014 11:25:20 am
      After what they did to Kenny when he flew out to Boston I would be very afraid.

Still pisses me off whenever I think about that entire situation.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #231: Jul 21, 2014 01:36:48 pm
      Just reading the past dozen or so comments and I must be the only one who isn't very keen!

Decent price so definitely worth a gamble but from what I've seen of him I don't particularly rate him and don't think he is good enough for us. Hope he proves me wrong.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,431 posts | 6422 
      Reply #232: Jul 21, 2014 01:40:20 pm
      Just reading the past dozen or so comments and I must be the only one who isn't very keen!

Decent price so definitely worth a gamble but from what I've seen of him I don't particularly rate him and don't think he is good enough for us. Hope he proves me wrong.

I'm not going to get too excited over the player, but what I have seen so far is that the manager is getting who he wants and is getting backed. That I'm excited about. 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #233: Jul 21, 2014 01:43:46 pm
      I'm not going to get too excited over the player, but what I have seen so far is that the manager is getting who he wants and is getting backed. That I'm excited about. 

I am excited about this one for both reasons FL.

The boss seems to be getting his men and I really think Remy will surprise a few if and when he signs for us.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #234: Jul 21, 2014 01:43:46 pm
      Is there still a pending assault/rape charge against him? I don't think I ever heard a conclusion to that story.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #235: Jul 21, 2014 01:44:02 pm
      Another one I'm very excited about.  I liked what I saw of him when he was at QPR for a half season, then he did even better this term with the Geordies.  I think that he will do very well if/when partnered with Lambert, or up front on his own.  I'm not sure if I think he will dovetail very well with Studge, because I think the two are very similar types, but I hope they prove me wrong!!

The system will change a bit this season.
      BR changed things around to get the best out of Suarez, he'll change things again to get the best out of our new players that he see's as going straight into the first team.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #236: Jul 21, 2014 01:45:00 pm
      The system will change a bit this season.
      BR changed things around to get the best out of Suarez, he'll change things again to get the best out of our new players that he see's as going straight into the first team.

4 3 3 I think we'll see a lot next season Swab.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #237: Jul 21, 2014 01:46:53 pm

Nah not the only one mate, I'm underwhelmed by Remy too. I think we ought to be looking for some better (personally I much prefer Bony) and I think we need to buy another striker as well as this one.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,552 posts | 1546 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #238: Jul 21, 2014 01:51:49 pm
      Depends

If he's a replacement for Suarez, then I'm decidedly unimpressed, but if we're still looking to get a more quality replacement for Suarez, then it's a good bit of business

I know you can't replace the best player in the world, but just to think we've gone about doing so with a trip to Newcastle worries me

Still, you never know in football and he might bag us 15 to 20 goals
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #239: Jul 21, 2014 01:52:19 pm
      4 3 3 I think we'll see a lot next season Swab.

Exactly mate, so people shouldn't worry too much about fitting players in when looking at how we played last season.
      BR has shown he's not afraid to make changes and try different things, and the extremely pacy 433 which is his preferred option should be our default formation, with little tweaks depending on the opposition.
      I expect to see more staggered formations than any rigid system, like the staggered midfield 3 he's used in the past.
      Saying that, commentators being the thick as pigshit gobshites they are, they'll describe any formation with 2 strikers as a flat 442 when it's nothing of the sort.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #240: Jul 21, 2014 01:53:31 pm

Perhaps.

Although Coutinho and Sturridge aside, I haven't been impressed with any of his signings so far.

Allen - I like him but hasn't done anything to justify a 15m price tag.
      Mignolet - In my opinion he is our weakest player and certainly a downgrade on Reina.
      Assaidi - Not given enough opportunities but there is a reason for that.
      Aspas - same.
      Borini - same (10m spent)
      sahin - sh*te.
      Alberto - same.
      Kolo Toure - cost us the league ;D.
      cissokho - almost as bad as toure.
      Ilori - prospect perhaps.
      sakho - jury is still out.
      moses - almost as bad as cissokho.

Not every signing works out and some of those ^ were loan signings to fill the numbers/bench if you like but im bored of 'well if Brendan wants him that's good enough for me' now.

The only thing I like about this deal is the price. Because if Remy is sh*te for us I won't be too disheartened as I would be if we spent 30m on him.

Personally though, I don't think he is good enough to play for a club like ours.  Like I said I hope he proves me wrong. He could end up being a super-sub type of player but at the moment Im not too excited thinking about him starting for us next season.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #241: Jul 21, 2014 01:55:04 pm
      Exactly mate, so people shouldn't worry too much about fitting players in when looking at how we played last season.
      BR has shown he's not afraid to make changes and try different things, and the extremely pacy 433 which is his preferred option should be our default formation, with little tweaks depending on the opposition.
      I expect to see more staggered formations than any rigid system, like the staggered midfield 3 he's used in the past.
      Saying that, commentators being the thick as pigshit gobshites they are, they'll describe any formation with 2 strikers as a flat 442 when it's nothing of the sort.

Yep.

Imagine this

Gerrard

Henderson  Lallana

Sterling  Sturridge  Remy
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,431 posts | 6422 
      Reply #242: Jul 21, 2014 01:56:46 pm
      Nah not the only one mate, I'm underwhelmed by Remy too. I think we ought to be looking for some better (personally I much prefer Bony) and I think we need to buy another striker as well as this one.

Safe to say you have a Boner for Bony?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #243: Jul 21, 2014 01:57:30 pm
      Yep.

Imagine this

Gerrard

Henderson  Lallana

Sterling  Sturridge  Remy

That's one rapid attack that, opposition defence wouldn't dare step foot above their 18 yard line.

I do think though that it will be more:

Gerrard
                  Henderson Coutinho
             Sterling    Sturridge   Lallana

Don't think there's quite enough creativity in your set-up but it's an option. If we had to play on the counter that team would frighten anyone half to death just on pace alone.

Just to quantify it a little. I think Sterling is being moulded as more of a creative force and moving inside rather than out will become his natural tendency, I think the emphasis on width will remain with our wing-backs and that's why I'm looking towards a new RB as maybe becoming our priority signing for the rest of the window (assuming all other near done deals are completed).
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #244: Jul 21, 2014 01:59:07 pm
      Safe to say you have a Boner for Bony?

Haha nah mate I just think he's a very good footballer. Time will tell if I'm right or not this season in the Bony/Remi comparison stakes, we'll see.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #245: Jul 21, 2014 02:02:19 pm
      That's one rapid attack that, opposition defence wouldn't dare step foot above their 18 yard line.

I do think though that it will be more:

Gerrard
                  Henderson Coutinho
             Sterling    Sturridge   Lallana

So essentially Lallana is our replacement for Suarez?

I feel that Adam should battle it out with Philipe, opposed to playing in that forward position. That forward  position, wait for it, should be occupied by a certain Marco reus :)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,431 posts | 6422 
      Reply #246: Jul 21, 2014 02:02:40 pm
      Haha nah mate I just think he's a very good footballer. Time will tell if I'm right or not this season in the Bony/Remi comparison stakes, we'll see.

Personally there are probably other targets out there I'd rather sign as neither excite me that much but I suppose my opinion isn't really of paramount importance. :)
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #247: Jul 21, 2014 02:07:01 pm
      remy, lallana and markovic are all creative quick players, add them to sterling sturridge and coutinho. we definately have options going forward

lambert is gonna be the plan b for when we cant go round the opposition we'll go direct

obviously we want to see a big name signing, but isnt the whole greater than the sum of its parts how liverpool work?

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #248: Jul 21, 2014 02:08:21 pm
      So essentially Lallana is our replacement for Suarez?

I feel that Adam should battle it out with Philipe, opposed to playing in that forward position. That forward  position, wait for it, should be occupied by a certain Marco reus :)

You can't look at it like that though CR. I know I'd cream my pants if we got Reus, he's been my favourite player from another league for a long, long time but I can't see it happening and we can't get hung up on it if it doesn't. The team as a whole has to get better and replace Luis because, as you rightly point out, only a certain few players in the world could even come close.

Our defence was like a sieve last season. Moreno for a start will hopefully not only stop a few goals (our left side was our biggest liability imo) but also create some extra that young Flanno couldn't. That is part of the burden already taken off what Luis provided.

Raheem Sterling will blossom without the constant noise from Suarez demanding the ball, you'll see that lad get many more goals this season in my opinion. Lallana will bring what he brings, whatever he contributes directly comes off Luis' total and that is the slack the rest of the team need to pick up. Lovren, Can, having access to substitutes who can make a damn difference off the bench, I think we're almost there. The thing that could drag us down a peg or two is the extra amount of games and when people start to bash that has to be considered for the forth coming year.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #249: Jul 21, 2014 02:10:45 pm
      The fact he's scored 20 goals in 40 games in the Premiership is enough for me to say he's a worthy addition.

Bony would be a good too (he's got 17 in 34, identical goals:games ratio!), but I think he'd cost a fair bit more.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #250: Jul 21, 2014 02:28:33 pm
      Nah not the only one mate, I'm underwhelmed by Remy too.

Same here too. I can see the post mortem to this coming season in May already. Too many mid priced, mid quality players rather than a select few top class performers.

#Spuds
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #251: Jul 21, 2014 04:41:08 pm
      Same here too. I can see the post mortem to this coming season in May already. Too many mid priced, mid quality players rather than a select few top class performers.

#Spuds

Still think the biggest issue with spurs was the manager change. moreso than the players brought in.

What did they finish 6 points less than the year before and they lost Bale, the manager and had 6 new players?

I'd say it was not doom and gloom and they will probably improve this year.

If we were in the same position but kept Brendan then I think those 6 points would be made up.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #252: Jul 21, 2014 04:50:08 pm
      I wish to Christ people would stop comparing spurs season last season to what might happen to us this..

Quick Reply