Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Loic Remy (QPR)

Read 41907 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,190 posts | 4405 
      Re: Loic Remy (QPR)
      Reply #483: Jul 28, 2014 09:50:56 pm
      Arry is probably pissed off he couldn't pull a fast one over us with a crocked player. Cockney tw*t.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #484: Jul 28, 2014 09:52:40 pm
      If it is the Heart thing and the club was worried about it after hearing advice from several doctors than so be it and good luck to him.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #485: Jul 28, 2014 09:56:30 pm
      I'm confident we would have gotten a second opinion on the matter if it was for his heart, you'd have to really and if I'm honest I wouldn't want us to sign a player that has a heart defect because of the risk of something bad happening to a player. I know it might never come of anything but I'd rather that as a club, we didn't take the risk. Maybe that's why his medical seemed to take so long.

He seemed to be a player that was quite high on our list of priorities so I can't see us pulling the plug on the deal without there being a good reason.

Yea, am sure they've done the risk assessment.

Don't want to sound heartless (and no pun intended) but the main risk I see is us going into next season without a striker that has potential to play ahead of Studge.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #486: Jul 28, 2014 10:00:03 pm
      If it is the Heart thing and the club was worried about it after hearing advice from several doctors than so be it and good luck to him.
      As the old saying goes " Doctors differ and patients die " that's why it's good to have a second opinion .

LFCexiled
      Reply #487: Jul 28, 2014 10:04:39 pm
      He had a medical in the U.S, whilst I'm not the voice of all knowledge in such matters I'd imagine not many Doctors in America would sign off if there was a chance of getting sued if anything happened.

He'd probably of pissed it in Europe with a 'meh' clause.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #488: Jul 28, 2014 10:10:47 pm
      that's why it's good to have a second opinion .
      When Tevez failed a medical - "Mr Tevez you've dodgy knees" Tevez: I want a 2nd opinion - "ok... you're ugly too."

Taxi...
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #489: Jul 28, 2014 10:12:06 pm
      Arry is probably pissed off he couldn't pull a fast one over us with a crocked player. Cockney tw*t.

:D

Very blunt.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #490: Jul 28, 2014 10:25:04 pm
      Can just see them running his stats through the FSG moneyball probability matrix with the answer being 'the computer says no'.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #491: Jul 28, 2014 10:28:28 pm
      He had a medical in the U.S, whilst I'm not the voice of all knowledge in such matters I'd imagine not many Doctors in America would sign off if there was a chance of getting sued if anything happened.

He'd probably of pissed it in Europe with a 'meh' clause.

Thought the exact same thing tbh...I think it has a lot to do where the medical took place.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #492: Jul 28, 2014 11:03:09 pm
      Thought the exact same thing tbh...I think it has a lot to do where the medical took place.

Exactly Erik and the fact that LFC were stateside was of no small help, whether it was coincidental or an intentional occurrence Remy would be subject to a more stringent medical examination, maybe 'arry is a bit miffed his lad didn't get the once over in Landan but fings ain't what they used to be 'arry me old cokanee sparrer.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #493: Jul 29, 2014 06:29:35 am
      Exactly Erik and the fact that LFC were stateside was of no small help, whether it was coincidental or an intentional occurrence Remy would be subject to a more stringent medical examination, maybe 'arry is a bit miffed his lad didn't get the once over in Landan but fings ain't what they used to be 'arry me old cokanee sparrer.

I would've thought LFCs brought their own medical team with them.  Dr Iqbal usually does all the medicals and I would be surprised to see him not do remy.  I would imagine Dr. Iqbal is in the states right now obviously monitoring the potential injury situations and giving out instructions. 
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #494: Jul 29, 2014 06:38:39 am
      I would've thought LFCs brought their own medical team with them.  Dr Iqbal usually does all the medicals and I would be surprised to see him not do remy.  I would imagine Dr. Iqbal is in the states right now obviously monitoring the potential injury situations and giving out instructions. 

Might have been the case that he asked for a second opinion, Harvard medical has some of the brightest minds in the medical world and if Remy had a heart abnormality years ago it is probably still there.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #495: Jul 29, 2014 06:59:13 am
      Iqbal is definitely there as he was in one of the first pictures on the tour. Must not have been that confident in Remy if Lovren had his medical in Liverpool.

You win some you lose some. It's obviously a gamble the club don't want to take.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,255 posts | 2821 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #496: Jul 29, 2014 07:17:36 am
      He failed a medical before but a second opinion said it would in no way effect his performance as a top class sportsman. Now if the deal was mega money Id say the club are spot on not to risk it but for 8 million are we being over cautious? Why not get a second opinion and do the tests at the location they do all there medicals, this took place in Boston I believe?

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #497: Jul 29, 2014 07:26:27 am
      Does anybody know our income and expenditure so far and what it would have been with Borini going and Remy coming?

:couch:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #498: Jul 29, 2014 08:08:38 am
      No pun intended but feel heartbroken for Remy and us as he was so excited about the move. I feel gutted as I had got quite excited about the possibility of him and Sturridge up top smashing defences to peices.

Now we have to go out and get another top Class striker because Daniel isn't going to be able to do it on his own and as much as I'm happy about Lambert siging for us, I still think we need another top class striker to add a new dimension to our attack.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #499: Jul 29, 2014 08:10:29 am
      Disappointed this has fallen through. Think Remy is a steal for that price. Potentially the boy could be as good as Sturridge IMO. He's a lot better than Borini.
      rogni
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts |
      Reply #500: Jul 29, 2014 08:38:11 am
      Disappointed this has fallen through. Think Remy is a steal for that price. Potentially the boy could be as good as Sturridge IMO. He's a lot better than Borini.

Agreed
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #501: Jul 29, 2014 09:44:59 am

BR has confirmed there will be no further bids for Remy.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/no-liverpool-loic-remy-transfer-3927597#ixzz38nmiQUKb
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #502: Jul 29, 2014 09:47:35 am
      Liverpool fans have a right to know what happened.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #503: Jul 29, 2014 09:59:45 am

He-failed-the-medical.
       What? Are you dyslexic.

Apologies if any of our people with that condition are reading this I mean nothing disrespectful but the poster in question does have perception issues.
      Obviously there are problems with the written word.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #504: Jul 29, 2014 11:13:07 am

No, we don't. He failed a medical and you have every right to keep health matters private.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #505: Jul 29, 2014 12:44:39 pm
      we have to accept we may never know the details unless Arry tells us that is. Its a big disappointment as there is not a huge pile of forwards who can come in and score 20 goals.

Quick Reply