Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Loic Remy (QPR)

Read 41958 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Loic Remy (QPR)
      Reply #69: Jul 18, 2014 11:36:26 am
      Like we did that Suarez fella?  ;D

;)

He was grand with us.
      Uruguay obviously let him have too much mate before the World Cup.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #70: Jul 18, 2014 02:01:57 pm

Every thread I go in you say the same thing

:D

brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #71: Jul 18, 2014 02:16:56 pm
      The more I think about this the more I think this could be a massive bargain.
      Very very quick ,good feet ,knows where the net is .whats not to like ?
      I'm sure Brendan will sort him out.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #72: Jul 18, 2014 02:26:03 pm
      My opinion: £8 million for Remy is a bit of a no-brainer. The great thing is the transfer fee is so low that there's no risk involved here. Can play across the front three, so he's versatile, and he's shown he can play at mid-table clubs. But if he can't cope with the pressure of being at a top club, you can easily recoup that money back from the likes of Villa et al.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #73: Jul 18, 2014 02:26:16 pm
      I really hope this one comes off.  This move makes more sense to me than Bony as Remy is more versatile and can play through the middle or wide.  He also has a pretty decent goal return. 
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #74: Jul 18, 2014 02:35:24 pm
      Like many above have said, I see it as a no brainer. £8M would be very shrewd business for a player who IMO would suit our attacking play down to a tee. Always hoped he was a player we'd look to bring in when he was playing in France, put onto that he's shown he can do it in the EPL now, he'd be a good addition for me.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #75: Jul 18, 2014 03:24:29 pm
      f***in Hell
      8mill is a total no brainer
      Get the lad signed up pronto Mr Ayre.
      Great player imo no matter what the price..
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #76: Jul 18, 2014 03:35:17 pm
      F**kin Hell
      8mill is a total no brainer
      Get the lad signed up pronto Mr Ayre.
      Great player imo no matter what the price..

No not a great player just a good one that would provide decent cover for Danny and can play in any of the front three positions. At £8 million it would be far better value than Bony for £20 million.
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #77: Jul 18, 2014 03:44:43 pm
      Honestly, the biggest question about this one is why it hasn't already been wrapped up!  He has a cheap buyout clause in relation to his age/ability, he doesn't want to be at QPR anymore, he wants to stay in England, and he wants to play for a CL club.  This one should take a matter of 2 days to start and finish.  Activate the clause, agree personal terms, get the medical done, and sign him up for fucks sake!!
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #78: Jul 18, 2014 04:13:43 pm
      Honestly, the biggest question about this one is why it hasn't already been wrapped up!  He has a cheap buyout clause in relation to his age/ability, he doesn't want to be at QPR anymore, he wants to stay in England, and he wants to play for a CL club.  This one should take a matter of 2 days to start and finish.  Activate the clause, agree personal terms, get the medical done, and sign him up for fucks sake!!

Agreed mate....Chelsea / Ciy / United tend to make it happen very quickly when they make a move on someone who wants to join them.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #79: Jul 18, 2014 04:23:56 pm
      No not a great player just a good one that would provide decent cover for Danny and can play in any of the front three positions. At £8 million it would be far better value than Bony for £20 million.
      I agree but knowing what we are like we'll offer 6m + add ons and we'll then see a rival snap him up. It sounds too good to be true.
      Wiggy
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 293 posts | 21 
      Reply #80: Jul 18, 2014 04:39:20 pm
      I agree but knowing what we are like we'll offer 6m + add ons and we'll then see a rival snap him up. It sounds too good to be true.

To be fair, rumours are that Arsenal lost interest due to wage demands. Given he'll be on a big whack at QPR, that may be the biggest issue!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #81: Jul 18, 2014 04:41:27 pm
      To be fair, rumours are that Arsenal lost interest due to wage demands. Given he'll be on a big whack at QPR, that may be the biggest issue!
      He wanted 80k a week whilst Arsenal wouldn't go above 50k. I think we could meet 80k since Suarez was getting 200k.. Borini could be cut loose and Aspas has been loaned out.
      Wiggy
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 293 posts | 21 
      Reply #82: Jul 18, 2014 04:46:21 pm
      He wanted 80k a week whilst Arsenal wouldn't go above 50k. I think we could meet 80k since Suarez was getting 200k.. Borini could be cut loose and Aspas has been loaned out.

We 'could' meet it, but that isnt the shame as 'should'. It may completely screw our current structure. Not sure how much Danny in on, but if Remy was on £80k, he would want to at least match it (if he isnt already).
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #83: Jul 18, 2014 05:26:07 pm
      I'd go for this at 8m for sure. Adds depth to our frontline and leaves us plenty of money to go after a top attacker.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #84: Jul 18, 2014 05:29:00 pm
      David Anderson ‏@MirrorAnderson  2 mins
      Loic Remy will have to drop his wage demands to join Liverpool. He is understood to want £80-90k-a-week, which Reds feel is too much.

David Anderson ‏@MirrorAnderson  2 mins
      Liverpool in pole position to sign Remy for £8m after Spurs pulled out and Arsenal's interest cooled, but are content to wait
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #85: Jul 18, 2014 05:44:43 pm
      The club already have a list of ten tips for the player, if he does sign:

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #86: Jul 18, 2014 05:50:26 pm

£80k is too much I think, he's more a £60k max type player for me.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #87: Jul 18, 2014 06:05:39 pm
      My opinion: £8 million for Remy is a bit of a no-brainer. The great thing is the transfer fee is so low that there's no risk involved here. Can play across the front three, so he's versatile, and he's shown he can play at mid-table clubs. But if he can't cope with the pressure of being at a top club, you can easily recoup that money back from the likes of Villa et al.

As soon as Suarez went I thought this would happen. The only reason it wouldn't is if we had a Reus coming in etc. He's already been quoted in the past about his desire to play for LFC and as you say the fee means it is amazing value for money. Fits much better with our style of play than Bony and while I rate Bony as a decent player I would prefer Remy out of the two of them because I prefer to watch that style of football.

To counter Redraider:

Remy, every chance, will happen and will prove to be a good buy.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #88: Jul 18, 2014 06:18:12 pm
      As soon as Suarez went I thought this would happen. The only reason it wouldn't is if we had a Reus coming in etc. He's already been quoted in the past about his desire to play for LFC and as you say the fee means it is amazing value for money. Fits much better with our style of play than Bony and while I rate Bony as a decent player I would prefer Remy out of the two of them because I prefer to watch that style of football.

To counter Redraider:

Remy, every chance, will happen and will prove to be a good buy.

I rate Bony as well Luke but agree I'd easily have Remy here before him.
      Wiggy
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 293 posts | 21 
      Reply #89: Jul 18, 2014 06:21:32 pm
      £80k is too much I think, he's more a £60k max type player for me.

He's probably looking to capitalise on his low fee, much in the same was as free agents do!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6389 
      Reply #90: Jul 18, 2014 06:30:36 pm
      I'm naive I suppose but I'd rather get players that don't request outrageous wages to play for us. Rather have players that are excited just to be joining this great club and ones that understand we aren't going to pay them way above the odds for their services.

I have no problem paying market value, but if Danny isn't even making 80k we can't be turning around and giving it to Remy now can we?
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #91: Jul 18, 2014 06:41:49 pm
      I have no problem paying market value, but if Danny isn't even making 80k we can't be turning around and giving it to Remy now can we?

Sure we can.  Then we just turn back around and offer Danny a new long term deal on 90K/week :)

Quick Reply