Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Loic Remy (QPR)

Read 41908 times
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Re: Loic Remy (QPR)
      Reply #92: Jul 18, 2014 07:09:45 pm
      Would be happy with this. He is very good and Newcastle were a one man team for periods last year. Court case resolved. Can play on the wing. If we sign him we d still be on negative spend with two defenders to go
      falkirk_bairn
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #93: Jul 18, 2014 07:54:29 pm
      Get him signed up along with a real world class player and I'd be fairly happy with that.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #94: Jul 18, 2014 09:10:31 pm
      Seems like a decent option to me, i'd certainly feel pretty good going into the season with Studge, Lambert and Remy as our striking options and then perhaps Brendan can splash the cash on Paul Pogba!

As for the wages, I really couldn't give a shi...t if i'm honest. I swear FSG and their moneyball BS have turned us all into accountants.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #95: Jul 18, 2014 11:13:42 pm
      This one may be done soon with Borini's imminent departure.

@DiMarzio  13 mins
      Loic #Remy will soon sign a five year's contract with @LFC
      rogni
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts |
      Reply #96: Jul 18, 2014 11:48:25 pm
      Remy plus 6 mill for Borini is a fantastic piece of business if it turns out to be true!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #97: Jul 19, 2014 12:59:25 am
      I think this would be a fantastic signing. He's 27, cheap and very good, but most importantly he should be peaking. At the moment, I can't think of any other available established strikers better than Remy in the top tier that we can buy for under 25m?

Let's hope this cheap option would pave way for 2-3 marquee signings :D
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #98: Jul 19, 2014 01:01:44 am

@DiMarzio  13 mins
      It's hard to see the owners give a 5 yr contract to him at that age especially .

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #99: Jul 19, 2014 01:07:28 am
      It's hard to see the owners give a 5 yr contract to him at that age especially .

What was Rickie's contract Sean?

I think the realtively low fee may well counteract the longer contract and this may be a goer.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #100: Jul 19, 2014 01:15:31 am
      What was Rickie's contract Sean?
      I can't see any info on the length of contract , i'd reckon 3yrs tops .

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #101: Jul 19, 2014 01:17:57 am
      Lambert is on a 2 year contract at Liverpool. If the owners gave Lambert a 2 year contract at 32 then surely giving a 5 year contract to a 27 year old isn't that out of the ordinary?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #102: Jul 19, 2014 01:18:46 am
      I can't see any info on the length of contract , i'd reckon 3yrs tops .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27629474

Two years apparently which takes him to 34.

If FSG have ok'd that a 5 year for Remy would possibly not be off the table.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #103: Jul 19, 2014 01:27:31 am
      Two years apparently which takes him to 34.

If FSG have ok'd that a 5 year for Remy would possibly not be off the table.
      I always take the facebook and twitter rumours with a big pinch of salt , that said i think Remy would be a right good deal if it's true .

harrydunn08

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #104: Jul 19, 2014 01:30:57 am

@DiMarzio  13 mins

Is this DiMarzio guy remotely credible?  I don't know anything about him.  The move for Remy makes sense though, so it could very well be accurate. 
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #105: Jul 19, 2014 01:43:10 am
      Liverpool tell Loic Remy to lower his wage demands if he wants £8million Anfield move
      The Reds are willing to meet the escape clause in French striker's QPR contract, but do not want to break the bank when it comes to wages

Loic Remy has been told to drop his wage demands to secure a dream £8million move to Liverpool.

Liverpool are in pole position to sign Remy after Tottenham pulled out of the race and Arsenal cooled their interest.

The Reds have spoken to QPR and the France World Cup striker has an £8million escape clause in his contract at Loftus Road for Champions League clubs.

However Liverpool have been put off by Remy's personal terms and it is understood he is demanding between £80-90,000-a-week.

Liverpool are reluctant to pay this amount for a player who will be back up to Daniel Sturridge and are content to wait.

Remy, 27, who scored 14 goals on loan at Newcastle last season, is one of several options Brendan Rodgers is considering as he decides how to spend his £75million windfall from Luis Suarez's sale to Barcelona.

Rodgers would like another striker because Belgian teenager Divock Origi will return to Lille on loan for next season when he completes his £9.8million switch.

Liverpool have also looked at Swansea's Wilfried Bony, but the Welsh club want at least £19million for the Ivorian international.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-tell-loic-remy-lower-3881104
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #106: Jul 19, 2014 02:57:37 am
      I'd much prefer Bony, as he's IMHO a far better player.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #107: Jul 19, 2014 03:23:43 am
      I'd much prefer Bony, as he's IMHO a far better player.
      Bony doesn't fit what BR wants to do as much and he is over priced.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #108: Jul 19, 2014 04:36:32 am
      Bony doesn't fit what BR wants to do as much and he is over priced.

So then why would Brendan look to sign him if he didn't quite fit in to what he wants to do?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #109: Jul 19, 2014 05:13:56 am
      So then why would Brendan look to sign him if he didn't quite fit in to what he wants to do?
      Did he? I'm struggling to find any creditable sources... do 'creditable sources' even exist at the early stages of any 'link'?

Remy would be a far better fit [and is a far better player] so that, for me anyhow, lends weight to this rumour.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #110: Jul 19, 2014 05:35:57 am
      If he is wanted then in reality the transfer (pending personal terms) should fly through. QPR just want him off the books and won't try haggling the 'exit' clause - unlike Swansea with Bony's clause.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #111: Jul 19, 2014 05:50:01 am
      Did he? I'm struggling to find any creditable sources... do 'creditable sources' even exist at the early stages of any 'link'?

Remy would be a far better fit [and is a far better player] so that, for me anyhow, lends weight to this rumour.

Would the club really want us to sign a big, strong striker like Bony without Brendan's approval, especially after letting Carroll go? Wouldn't make too much sense I would think.

Or did you mean any creditable sources linking us to Bony at all?
      Hiroyuki Ishii
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #112: Jul 19, 2014 06:24:46 am
      IMO Remy is better than Bony for his usage in team point of view.

if we got Bony, he would be 2nd (or even 1st) choice FW. Which means there are no chance Lambert can play
      This can't be happening, because we just bought Ricky. He was first choice FW at Southampton.
      We can put him on bench, but outside of bench,, is hard choice for Brendan.

And, Remy. He can be used like Borini or Aspas (or Moses, or Assaidi (so many bad players!)).
      Put Remy outside of bench, then who cares. right? Just little spice as Plan B. 8m is not bad price.
      But definitely we need much higher class player sooner or later.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #113: Jul 19, 2014 07:03:48 am
      Both mate. One (big striker) is my opinion based on what I believe is the much talked about 'profile'; the other, I believe, is down, in part, to lazy journalism...

"Right, Sanchez is gone, Liverpool will be looking for another forward; who can we link them with?"

I believe (again only an opinion) that if they [journalists] actually read into and spent a bit of time researching how we play; the players they could link us with would be fewer but that would mean they couldn't fill column inches or meet deadlines as readily. Instead they reach for the easy option.

It's hard to explain and it might be just a gut feeling but, for me, credibility seems to come, not from which paper reports it but the type of players they link us with... If you catch my drift?

Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #114: Jul 19, 2014 07:14:58 am
      Would the club really want us to sign a big, strong striker like Bony without Brendan's approval, especially after letting Carroll go? Wouldn't make too much sense I would think.

Isn't that Lambert?

Quick Reply