Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Reds finish top of Fair Play League

Read 2060 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reds finish top of Fair Play League
      May 28, 2014 03:15:12 pm
      The Reds ended the campaign top of the standings with a score of 328.8, ahead of Arsenal (324), Everton (323.5) and Manchester City (320).

Over the course of the season, points are distributed for red and yellow cards, positive play, respect towards opponents and referees and behaviour of officials.

Having received just one red card all term, Liverpool's final points tally was 1315. A full explanation of how points are awarded can be found on the Premier League website.

Upon hearing the news, Brendan Rodgers told Liverpoolfc.com: "We are delighted to top the Fair Play League at the end of one of our most successful seasons in recent history.

"Our fans, players and staff make up what we like to call the world's greatest football family and as part of that we look to uphold the club's values which include unity, dignity and commitment, which have been shown throughout the season."

The funding for the award is provided by the FA Charity Committee and the club will be awarded £30,000 that can be used towards community or youth projects.

Meanwhile, Liverpool supporters finished second in the final Behaviour of the Public Fair Play League just behind Sunderland's followers.

Reds fans ended the season on 329 points, which are awarded by Premier League delegates for positive verbal support and recognition of outstanding play by the opposition, as well as respect for match officials and opposing fans.

Bob Humphries, chair of the Liverpool FC Supporters' Committee, said: "Liverpool FC supporters are some of the world's most loyal and passionate fans.

"As chair of the club's Supporters' Committee I am extremely proud that us fans rank so highly on the Behaviour of the Public league table.

"We travel across the world following our team and we do our best to represent the club in the best way possible."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/163757-reds-finish-top-of-fair-play-league

The good news just keeps on coming.
      « Last Edit: May 28, 2014 05:01:15 pm by Swab »
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Re: Reds finish top of Fair Play League
      Reply #1: May 28, 2014 03:21:14 pm
      Does this mean we get entry in to the Europa League...  xxxxx:action-smiley-065: :f_tongueincheek:
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #2: May 28, 2014 04:37:54 pm
      The Reds ended the campaign top of the standings with a score of 328.8, ahead of Arsenal (324), Everton (323.5) and Manchester City (320).

Over the course of the season, points are distributed for red and yellow cards, positive play, respect towards opponents and referees and behaviour of officials.

Having received just one red card all term, Liverpool's final points tally was 1315. A full explanation of how points are awarded can be found on the Premier League website.

Upon hearing the news, Brendan Rodgers told Liverpoolfc.com: "We are delighted to top the Fair Play League at the end of one of our most successful seasons in recent history.

"Our fans, players and staff make up what we like to call the world's greatest football family and as part of that we look to uphold the club's values which include unity, dignity and commitment, which have been shown throughout the season."

The funding for the award is provided by the FA Charity Committee and the club will be awarded £30,000 that can be used towards community or youth projects.

Meanwhile, Liverpool supporters finished second in the final Behaviour of the Public Fair Play League just behind Sunderland's followers.

Reds fans ended the season on 329 points, which are awarded by Premier League delegates for positive verbal support and recognition of outstanding play by the opposition, as well as respect for match officials and opposing fans.

Bob Humphries, chair of the Liverpool FC Supporters' Committee, said: "Liverpool FC supporters are some of the world's most loyal and passionate fans.

"As chair of the club's Supporters' Committee I am extremely proud that us fans rank so highly on the Behaviour of the Public league table.

"We travel across the world following our team and we do our best to represent the club in the best way possible."

The good news just keeps on coming.

Really good showing that.

Any chance of the missing link being posted. :roll:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #3: May 28, 2014 05:01:44 pm
      Really good showing that.

Any chance of the missing link being posted. :roll:

Sorry, thought I had.

Done now.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #4: May 28, 2014 05:14:02 pm
      Sorry, thought I had.

Done now.

Cheers, I like to follow any related links.

Full table is here: http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/fair-play/
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #5: May 28, 2014 05:17:29 pm
      Does that count as a trophy ?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #6: May 28, 2014 05:21:53 pm
      I think it does, yes. Unfortunately there won't be a Bus Parade as most of the team are on International Duty.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #7: May 29, 2014 06:23:19 am
      Well done lads.

But how's our luck, the one Red Card we got was Hendo and we all know how that affected our set up in the 3 games before the Newcastle game.  :f_wah:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #8: May 29, 2014 12:30:17 pm
      Well done lads.

But how's our luck, the one Red Card we got was Hendo and we all know how that affected our set up in the 3 games before the Newcastle game.  :f_wah:

And I still don't think it was a straight red.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      Reply #9: May 29, 2014 12:47:07 pm
      And I still don't think it was a straight red.

I don't think so either mate, but if roles were reversed, I'd be calling Red.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #10: May 29, 2014 12:48:55 pm
      I don't think so either mate, but if roles were reversed, I'd be calling Red.

Yeah, same here.

Can't complain too much about 1 bad call.
      We got a few good ones (or bad ones in our favour) as well.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      Reply #11: May 29, 2014 01:33:08 pm
      Yeah, same here.

Can't complain too much about 1 bad call.
      We got a few good ones (or bad ones in our favour) as well.

Exactly mate, it's just that 1 call that went against us that had a major bearing on the finish to our season.

We Go Again.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,256 posts | 2823 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #12: May 29, 2014 08:51:33 pm
      Open top bus?

Quick Reply