Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Rickie Lambert (Liverpool -> West Brom)

Read 48293 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Rickie Lambert Player Thread
      Reply #276: Oct 27, 2014 12:39:08 pm
      Have said all along that his strength is holding that ball and laying off an assist, will work well with Sturridge, but should be playing now, laying those touches to Sterling, Lallana and Coutinho.

he may be slow and he may be old but he scores goals and he also makes them which for me puts him ahead of Balotelli
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3953 
      Reply #277: Oct 27, 2014 12:51:41 pm
      Have said all along that his strength is holding that ball and laying off an assist, will work well with Sturridge, but should be playing now, laying those touches to Sterling, Lallana and Coutinho.

His inability to produce the 'strengths' you reckon will fit in with Studge's style of play could suggest the 'strengths' you speak of do not exist, nothing would be more pleasing if he did kick on but it looks as though it isn't going to happen.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3953 
      Reply #278: Oct 27, 2014 04:48:36 pm
      Got to disagree there Stuey, once he is with the right partner he will be very dangerous IMO. Saw when he came on against Hull and a lovely lay off for Sterling, he can do that all day but he needs the ball to his feet with his back to goal. Think we will see more of that.

As I say mate if he does kick on job's a good 'un and maybe this opportunity of more on field action will be the making of him.
      Like Balotelli his present roll is possibly not the most advantageous to the team. When the injuries are sorted he could revert to his preferred slot - providing his form picks up and he merits inclusion of course.
      That state of affairs would benefit the player and the team. 
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,613 posts | 2159 
      Reply #279: Nov 11, 2014 12:29:54 pm
      Just a thought on Big Rickie, how does everyone think he would be faring if he had been afforded as many opportunities to show his stuff as Balotelli has in the first 11?

I just look back at some of the scintillating football Saints have played over the past couple of seasons and Rickie was very much a part of that. They did so many of the things that LFC try to do, they shorten the pitch, press the ball high, play a passing game with good movement and tempo and the big fella did not look out of place. And generally playing as a lone frontman I might add. The consensus seems to be that Balotelli can't play the role and I would completely agree with that. Maybe Rickie can though, if given a proper run in the side ie. "your in for the next few games lad, show us what you can do, play yourself into some form (that is what Balotelli has been given in spades)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #280: Nov 11, 2014 02:03:59 pm
      Just a thought on Big Rickie, how does everyone think he would be faring if he had been afforded as many opportunities to show his stuff as Balotelli has in the first 11?

I just look back at some of the scintillating football Saints have played over the past couple of seasons and Rickie was very much a part of that. They did so many of the things that LFC try to do, they shorten the pitch, press the ball high, play a passing game with good movement and tempo and the big fella did not look out of place. And generally playing as a lone frontman I might add. The consensus seems to be that Balotelli can't play the role and I would completely agree with that. Maybe Rickie can though, if given a proper run in the side ie. "your in for the next few games lad, show us what you can do, play yourself into some form (that is what Balotelli has been given in spades)

At this point, why not try it.

At least no one can question Lambert's love for or commitment to the club.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #281: Nov 11, 2014 02:52:02 pm

Too late for all that as Danny is back so Rickie will go back to being a bit part player which is a shame as he deserved more of a run out once it was clear to see Balo is completely unsuited to our system.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #282: Nov 29, 2014 06:22:46 pm
      It took him a while to find his feet here, but Rickie's played well these last three games. He's done a good job seizing the opportunity with Balotelli out. Lambert will at least move (albeit slowly) and he goes up and competes for everything -- two things Mario hasn't quite done. 2 goals and 1 unofficial assist the last three games. I don't think we could have reasonably expected more from the guy who was always coming in to be 3rd choice striker at best.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #283: Nov 29, 2014 06:24:24 pm
      Nice work today, he gets on the end of a lot of Mignolets kicks that would otherwise always be giveaways.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #284: Nov 29, 2014 06:29:57 pm
      Still not sure why a team with so called title winning ambitions signed the lad but i love a good news story! And fair play to him! Best available striker at the club!
      deles4ntos
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #285: Nov 30, 2014 02:00:58 am
      Rickie Lambert , one of best striker. But it look he need a time to show how to become better player. he is lack of confidence .
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #286: Nov 30, 2014 02:45:22 am
      Still not sure why a team with so called title winning ambitions signed the lad but i love a good news story! And fair play to him! Best available striker at the club!

He's better than Balo and Boringi So yes Rickie fellow Kirkby boy you aren't Suarez and you never said you was. Is that enough of a life story for him?
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 482 
      Reply #287: Nov 30, 2014 05:12:47 am
      An actual run of games and he is contributing in every game.That header was class.Way better than Balotelli in every aspect except that bit of pace.First touch is immense.If only he was used as a striker before Balotelli,we would've been in a better league position now.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #288: Nov 30, 2014 02:30:01 pm
      Love his bit part subtle contributions to the team if he does not score. Holding up play, laying off, etc.

Saw Coutinho and Henderson got frustrated at him though hahah
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #289: Dec 04, 2014 01:55:24 pm
      Good to see Rickie is making his impact. Can't see Mario/Fabio getting in at the moment. Our 4mill signing is doing OK.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #290: Dec 04, 2014 01:58:46 pm
      I've always liked him. I watch his Southampton highlights whenever I have doubts about his ability.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #291: Dec 05, 2014 01:12:45 pm
      He was cheap and passionate hopefully he rubs off on Mario who learns from him and goes on to bang in the goal
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #292: Dec 05, 2014 01:39:26 pm
      Deserves far more credit.

I said on here a month or so back that if Lambert had played and been given the time Balotelli has then we would have more goals and we would be further up the league. I couldn't believe the stick Lambert was getting - he had hardly kicked a ball for us!  Same with Borini too. Balotelli has played as a lone striker for the vast majority of games this season.

Anyway, the last 2-3 games where Rickie has started, we've picked up points and he has had a contribution to every goal I think? Either scored or assisted in some way.

Keep it up big man.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #293: Dec 05, 2014 01:40:09 pm
      He was cheap and passionate hopefully he rubs off on Mario who learns from him and goes on to bang in the goal

et’s not go silly now... Lambo is a good signing but he isnt a miracle worker
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #294: Dec 09, 2014 11:53:26 pm
      Quite embaressing to have this man playing for us. By far the worst striker any of the top 6 teams have!

Martin Skrtle plays upfront for 10 minutes and won more headers and had better movement than I've ever seen this lad do.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #295: Dec 10, 2014 02:43:32 pm
      Mootaz @Mootaz_LFC
      Skrtel had 3 times as many touches in the opposition penalty area than Lambert did last night also had 2 more shots, says it all.

That's utterly ridiculous. We really shouldn't be in a position where Lambert is our main option upfront. I'd rather play no strikers at this point. Rickie and Balotelli are hardly worth much to the team; if we had a statistic in football similar to that of baseball's WAR (wins above replacement), I'd be inclined to believe their WAR (that is, their overall contribution in comparison to a league average player) would be negative.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #296: Jan 05, 2015 09:48:51 pm
      Think Ricky should be offloaded this month if possible no point having both him and Balotelli in the squad makes no sense.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #297: Jan 05, 2015 10:17:26 pm
      Shocking performance bearing in mind he is younger than Stevie he should be ashamed with his lack of movement.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #298: Jan 05, 2015 10:24:10 pm
      Woeful and completely immobile today. I've often said we've been a tad harsh on Rickie, but Lambert was bought exactly for matches like today's. Utter gash tonight.

Quick Reply