Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Rickie Lambert (Liverpool -> West Brom)

Read 48206 times
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Re: Rickie Lambert (Liverpool -> West Brom)
      Reply #368: Aug 03, 2015 01:30:21 pm
      Another player clearly happy to see the back of Rodgers.

Seems like a trend.

Pepe, Agger, Sahin, Carroll, Lambert.... both stars and squad players alike have been less than impressed with the man.

Must just be a coincidence.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #369: Aug 03, 2015 01:30:41 pm
      Lambert waiting to spill Liverpool beans

West Brom new boy Rickie Lambert says he has "a lot of feelings" about his time at Liverpool but is keeping his powder dry - for now.

Lambert completed a £3million move to Albion on Friday and scored twice in a friendly win over Bristol Rovers just hours later.

The 33-year-old started just seven Premier League games after joining from Southampton last summer - and has hinted he was not happy with his lack of chances.

He told The Scum: "I've got a lot of feelings, to be honest.

"But I'm not going to get into it right now. I don't think it's the right time.

"There is plenty of time to say exactly how I feel but at the minute, I'm just enjoying the fact I'm a West Brom player."

Lambert's lack of playing time for the Reds saw him lose his place in the England squad, but he has set his sights on winning a recall ahead of the Euro 2016 finals next summer.

"I will never give up," Lambert added. "My character and personality won't allow it. No one expects me to achieve that but you have to believe in yourself.

"If I have a season like I did at Southampton, there's no reason why I can't get back in.

"You've got to remember, it's only two years since I scored 15 league goals and then 13 goals in a season.

"I've just got to make sure I get back to that.

"I feel like I'm going to play here. If I do, I'll get chances. And if I get the chances, I think I will score goals."

He shouldn't have talked with the scum to be fair.

OK F**k this guy, firstly for talking to scum and secondly for bitching and moaning when he has no one but himself to blame. He was an utter embarrassment of a striker, slow as F**k and producing absolutely bugger all each time he stepped onto the pitch, West Brom is his kind of level. He is a failure and proves the adage of never going back. He was originally released by the club for a good reason, that reason being that he is sh*te!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,189 posts | 6346 
      Reply #370: Aug 03, 2015 02:13:18 pm

Seems like a trend.

Pepe, Agger, Sahin, Carroll, Lambert.... both stars and squad players alike have been less than impressed with the man.

2 players that didn't like that they were going to be required to fight for their place and not be given an automatic berth and 3 players who didn't perform.

Oh well.

Suarez raves about him as does Coutinho.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #371: Aug 03, 2015 02:39:19 pm

Seems like a trend.

OK f**k this guy, firstly for talking to scum and secondly for bitching and moaning when he has no one but himself to blame. He was an utter embarrassment of a striker, slow as f**k and producing absolutely bugger all each time he stepped onto the pitch, West Brom is his kind of level. He is a failure and proves the adage of never going back. He was originally released by the club for a good reason, that reason being that he is sh*te!

What makes you think Liverpool born and bred Rickie Lambert talked to that rag?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #372: Aug 03, 2015 02:42:35 pm
      It's great the conclusions people jump to and even stranger that Liverpool fans believe what's written in that shitrag.  At no stage in those quotes did Rickie mention Brendan by name, or problems with the Manager.

Apart from anything else, he's a F***ing Liverpool fan, born and bred, why the hell would he say anything to disrespect it or anything connected to it.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #373: Aug 03, 2015 02:58:09 pm
      OK f**k this guy, firstly for talking to scum and secondly for bitching and moaning when he has no one but himself to blame. He was an utter embarrassment of a striker, slow as f**k and producing absolutely bugger all each time he stepped onto the pitch, West Brom is his kind of level. He is a failure and proves the adage of never going back. He was originally released by the club for a good reason, that reason being that he is sh*te!

F**k off.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #374: Aug 03, 2015 02:59:35 pm

Seems like a trend.

Lucky so the players we actually need in the squad seem to like Rodgers quite a lot.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #375: Aug 03, 2015 03:07:45 pm
      I think i can understand his feelings, he's gutted/frustrated that he couldn't have a bigger impact at his boyhood club, in time, he'll get over it.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #376: Aug 03, 2015 03:31:05 pm

Did I touch a nerve Rickie?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #377: Aug 03, 2015 03:32:47 pm
      I think i can understand his feelings, he's gutted/frustrated that he couldn't have a bigger impact at his boyhood club, in time, he'll get over it.

Add to that he was better than Balotelli and Borini last season so should have started more games and he knows it.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #378: Aug 03, 2015 05:25:55 pm
      He shouldn't have talked with the scum to be fair.

And you certainly shouldn't have posted a link full of quotes from that F***ing rag.

20% warning - it's not like you didn't notice.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #379: Aug 03, 2015 06:20:16 pm
      And you certainly shouldn't have posted a link full of quotes from that f**king rag.

20% warning - it's not like you didn't notice.

I noticed too late, i copied the story from teamtalk and i thought he spoke to them.

My bad, sorry.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #380: Aug 03, 2015 06:25:54 pm
      I noticed too late, i copied the story from teamtalk and i thought he spoke to them.

My bad, sorry.

No you didn't, because you stated at the end of your post that he shouldn't have spoken to "the scum".

Even if the reference is indirect, it's a warning, minimum.

Back on topic, cheers.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #381: Aug 03, 2015 06:33:42 pm
      No you didn't, because you stated at the end of your post that he shouldn't have spoken to "the scum".

Even if the reference is indirect, it's a warning, minimum.

Back on topic, cheers.

I know, that's why i quickly edited the name after i posted it, i should have read the article before posting it here.

No matter, i've done a mistake and i take full responsability for it, should had just erased the article.

Ontopic: Hope he bangs them in at WBA and he gets his place in England's squad at Euros. Would be nice if he scores some goals against our rivals.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #382: Aug 03, 2015 06:40:20 pm
      I know, that's why i quickly edited the name after i posted it, i should have read the article before posting it here.

No matter, i've done a mistake and i take full responsability for it, should had just erased the article.

Ontopic: Hope he bangs them in at WBA and he gets his place in England's squad at Euros. Would be nice if he scores some goals against our rivals.

What you did was see an article that could be used as a dig at Brendan and couldn't wait to post it.  As you've admitted, you didn't even read it, just saw the headline and rubbed your grubby little hands together.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #383: Aug 03, 2015 06:54:31 pm
      What makes you think Liverpool born and bred Rickie Lambert talked to that rag?

Agreed, I couldn't see him talking to them in a million years. Making sh*t up isn't new to them is it.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #384: Aug 03, 2015 06:57:06 pm
      What you did was see an article that could be used as a dig at Brendan and couldn't wait to post it.  As you've admitted, you didn't even read it, just saw the headline and rubbed your grubby little hands together.

I'm not so hateful against Rodgers as you might think.

I thought that every bit of news about our players/former players should be shared on the forum, that's it.

Obviously i made a mistake in this case, and it won't happen again.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #385: Aug 03, 2015 07:53:02 pm
      Agreed, I couldn't see him talking to them in a million years. Making sh*t up isn't new to them is it.

A group press conference, perchance, and the usual spin by the shitty rag?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #386: Aug 03, 2015 08:00:16 pm

I thought that every bit of news about our players/former players should be shared on the forum, that's it.

If it's from that rag then no it shouldn't be.

Obviously i made a mistake in this case, and it won't happen again.

It wasn't a mistake at all, it was just stupidity because you should know full well.

Well, if it does happen again then it will be your last post on here.

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #387: Aug 03, 2015 08:08:16 pm
      I understand, believe me that i hate them with all my heart. I just wanted to assure you that i didn't read that rag, it was refered on another site to them.

Either way i'm embarrassed by the all thing. If you can delete all posts related to that would be great. Sorry again, i feel like a f**king moron.

I'll change my whole demeanour around here, and be more relaxed and not post everything in a hurry/heat of the moment. Far too many mistakes i did by acting like this.

A self imposed break from posting would be the best, at least on football-related issues.
      « Last Edit: Aug 03, 2015 08:19:52 pm by GeorgeRed »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #388: Aug 03, 2015 08:21:18 pm
      I understand, believe me that i hate them with all my heart. I just wanted to assure you that i didn't read that rag, it was refered on another site to them.

Either way i'm embarrassed by the all thing. If you can delete all posts related to that would be great. Sorry again, i feel like a f**king moron.

I'll change my whole demeanour around here, and be more relaxed and not post everything in a hurry/heat of the moment. Far too many mistakes i did by acting like this.

A self imposed break from posting would be the best, at least on football-related issues.

The fact you'll consult utter trash just to throw sh*t at Rodgers is low in the first place. How utterly classless of you. To find it comes from that of all places makes it even worse.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,189 posts | 6346 
      Reply #389: Aug 03, 2015 08:26:59 pm
      Alright...I think we get the picture, I think George gets the picture. Probably best to just draw a line under it and move on at this point eh?
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #390: Aug 03, 2015 10:33:29 pm
      http://www.eurosport.com/football/euro-2016/2016/west-brom-move-can-boost-chances-of-england-return-lambert_sto4843588/story.shtml

the Birmingham Mail quoted him as saying

I think in the end it was just a misunderstanding, those blokes at teamtalk misquoted the source, he clearly didn't talk to that paper mentioned by them. He talked to Birmingham Mail and they quoted that rag. I should have waited for the news to appear on eurosport rather, thought that teamtalk was a serious football site, i was wrong. Sorry again.

Quick Reply