Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Emre Can (Liverpool > Juventus)

Read 281802 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Emre Can Player Thread
      Reply #1426: Feb 05, 2017 10:54:57 am
      Would quite happily never see him play for Liverpool again.

Coupled with his skullduggery regarding the contract situation he is an insult to the shirt. No brains, no brawn, no commitment. A pathetic, pitiful player and so unlike anything I thought Klopp would and could tolerate. Surprised and disappointed in Jürgen.

Ja Ja but he is German mein Freund. Honestly either Klopp is a complete F***ing moron or is just favouring him because he's a fellow German, there is no other option. Based on recent performances, ie the entire season so far, he does not deserve a starting position, and if he gets an improved contract now then Klopp needs to be sacked immediately.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1427: Feb 05, 2017 10:57:05 am
      Play him at CB.

I'm not convinced he's a CM.

Too slow to be a CB imo but worth a punt ahead of Lucas.

I don't think he's good enough either way.

He might do better in a slower paced league like Italy or France.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1428: Feb 05, 2017 11:01:13 am
      Need to get behind our players. Can is having a rough spell but so are some of the other fellas. Klopp likely knows what he is doing, because if he doesn't, we are screwed and it will have nothing to do with just Can.

Well we'll know come our next game because if Can starts again it will be clear Klopp doesn't know what he's doing.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #1429: Feb 05, 2017 12:27:36 pm
      Well we'll know come our next game because if Can starts again it will be clear Klopp doesn't know what he's doing.
      No, it will just be clear that Klopp favors him just as he always has.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #1430: Feb 05, 2017 12:52:06 pm

Oh yes. The number 23. Robbie, Carra.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1431: Feb 05, 2017 12:57:03 pm
      No, it will just be clear that Klopp favors him just as he always has.

Then it has to be nationalistic favouritism as he clearly isn't being selected through footballing ability.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1432: Feb 05, 2017 01:02:18 pm
      Then it has to be nationalistic favouritism as he clearly isn't being selected through footballing ability.

Maybe Gini was not fully 100% and was not risked with the Spurs game in mind.

Too many things we don't know about behind the scenes.

One it certainly is though, a thread bare squad where outside of the first team there is hardly any credible options for which Klopp has to bare responsibility as he keeps telling us he has had the funds and did not want to strengthen in the window.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1433: Feb 05, 2017 01:08:59 pm
      Maybe Gini was not fully 100% and was not risked with the Spurs game in mind.

Too many things we don't know about behind the scenes.

One it certainly is though, a thread bare squad where outside of the first team there is hardly any credible options for which Klopp has to bare responsibility as he keeps telling us he has had the funds and did not want to strengthen in the window.

Perhaps mate.

But even if Gini had a knock there were still other options that Klopp could have used to keep Can out of the starting 11.

He could have played a front three of Sturridge/Origi with Firmino and Mane and dropped Coutinho in to midfield.

Cou has played in midfield before.

Even Ejaria or Stewart would have been a better option in midfield over Can.

I don't know mate it reeks of favouritism to me.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #1434: Feb 05, 2017 11:35:44 pm
      Very poor at the moment. Caught ball watching too often. Too many fouls. Expecting team mates to do his work. Stick him on the bench until he works out what he's supposed to be doing.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1435: Feb 09, 2017 10:06:58 pm
      Think Emre will start on Sat, more for his physical presence than anything else. He was poor last time out though, so Gini deffo has a chance to get back in the starting XI.
      If Jürgen thinks Spuds are a real danger, he might start with the 'Hendo/Can/Gini' axis anyway. If he does start, why not crunch in a bit more, at least make life a bit more difficult for sides, we don't have to be nambi-pambi AND impotent.
      If he has a bad game, expect carnage...
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1436: Feb 10, 2017 02:28:11 pm
      Im sorry to say Emre Cant.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1437: Feb 11, 2017 08:38:49 pm
      Found his best position today...on the bench.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1438: Feb 11, 2017 09:21:30 pm
      Think Emre will start on Sat, more for his physical presence than anything else. He was poor last time out though, so Gini deffo has a chance to get back in the starting XI.
      If Jürgen thinks Spuds are a real danger, he might start with the 'Hendo/Can/Gini' axis anyway. If he does start, why not crunch in a bit more, at least make life a bit more difficult for sides, we don't have to be nambi-pambi AND impotent.
      If he has a bad game, expect carnage...

Thank F**k you were wrong mate.

And thank F**k Klopp finally realised Can isn't good enough to lace Gini's boots.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1439: Feb 12, 2017 09:39:19 pm
      Thank f**k you were wrong mate.

And thank f**k Klopp finally realised Can isn't good enough to lace Gini's boots.

Thought Gini had a really good game, and Jürgen was brave and played Lallana in the middle, and went for it - as opposed to playing Hendo/Gini/Can which would've been a more cautious approach. Super pass from Gini for the first goal.

In saying that, I think if Can had started instead of Gini, we STILL would've won that game. Thought Spuds were ropey at the back on the day, played a high line, and we had plenty of chances and could've won by a couple more. Don't think even Emre could've helped us conspire to loose.

Not saying Emre should be back in the side tho. And based on the outing against Spuds, don't think he will be.
      Just don't think dropping him is the panacea for recent poor form.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1440: Feb 12, 2017 10:33:06 pm

Hendo and Can can't play together. They hamper each other. If they are to be in the same line up then they need to have much different roles then what they have had in last few months.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1441: Feb 12, 2017 11:00:27 pm
      Hendo and Can can't play together. They hamper each other. If they are to be in the same line up then they need to have much different roles then what they have had in last few months.

Who can he play with? I was mightily impressed with him against Villarreal and during that Spring period last year but such has been his form this season I start to reevaluate his performances from that period. Personally believe that with Gigi and Mane coming in, the intensity of our play has greatly increased meaning he has been badly left behind.

He'd probably be good in a slow boring side...like Man Utd.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1442: Feb 12, 2017 11:11:47 pm
      He's a DM and although Klopp thinks he can develop him into a box to box midfielder I doubt he has the skill set. Shame for him Hendo is doing a great job.

Might be worth considering him as a CB if he can improve his heading. He would have acres of space in front of him to bring the ball out unlike in midfield and he has issues in those tighter spaces.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1443: Feb 13, 2017 10:18:47 am
      He's a DM and although Klopp thinks he can develop him into a box to box midfielder I doubt he has the skill set. Shame for him Hendo is doing a great job.

Might be worth considering him as a CB if he can improve his heading. He would have acres of space in front of him to bring the ball out unlike in midfield and he has issues in those tighter spaces.

I'd rather see him develop him into a CB.
      A bit like Lucas.
      Mind you Rodgers had begun that transformation before time was called.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1444: Feb 13, 2017 10:26:00 am
      A bit like Lucas.

Agree.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1445: Feb 13, 2017 05:46:45 pm
      A bit like Lucas.

I think I read a while back by a well known German journalist (could probably google and find it if you can be arsed) that one of the key reasons for Can leaving Bayern or refusing to return back was because Guardiola wanted to mould him into a CB.

Anyway, I'm not a huge fan of Can in midfield, but as HScRed1 mentioned, he is more comfortable playing as the 6, just a little surprised Klopp hasn't given him an opportunity to prove himself there in the cup games or when Hendo was injured/unavailable.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1446: Feb 14, 2017 10:44:09 am
      I think I read a while back by a well known German journalist (could probably google and find it if you can be arsed) that one of the key reasons for Can leaving Bayern or refusing to return back was because Guardiola wanted to mould him into a CB.

Anyway, I'm not a huge fan of Can in midfield, but as HScRed1 mentioned, he is more comfortable playing as the 6, just a little surprised Klopp hasn't given him an opportunity to prove himself there in the cup games or when Hendo was injured/unavailable.

Problem is he should be playing where Hendo is.
      Call it a back 2 and have Can in "midfield".
      Effectively a back 3 with Can as the protection.
      But he loves to get forward does Emre.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1447: Feb 14, 2017 10:51:49 am
      He takes way too many touches on the ball. If he kept it simple he'd be very good in my eyes
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1448: Feb 18, 2017 10:51:01 pm
      Reading on Facebook, mind you, that Juventus are going to put in a bid for him at the end of the Season. Anyone heard anything about this? Straight swap for that Dybala fella?  :D

Quick Reply