Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Emre Can (Liverpool > Juventus)

Read 284287 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Emre Can Player Thread
      Reply #1449: Feb 27, 2017 10:20:18 pm
      So bad that I'm nearing Stockholm Syndrome with this fella.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #1450: Feb 27, 2017 10:26:37 pm
      So bad that I'm nearing Stockholm Syndrome with this fella.

Nobody can deny that he's F***ing terrible, but at least he still looked like one of very few tonight who looked pissed and tried to change things.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #1451: Feb 27, 2017 10:44:58 pm
      Please sell he too F**k slow
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1452: Mar 05, 2017 10:47:50 am
      Has come in for a lot of stick recently but played something like we know he is capable.

Needs to keep it up.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #1453: Mar 05, 2017 12:14:34 pm
      With the pace, strength, athleticism and willingness to get stuck in I think he will should be used as a shield for the back 4.

Only reason he isn't good at it now is because he is young and wants to get forward a lot, when he grows up and matures into a player that sees the importance in his role he will learn to stay back and could be the defensive midfielder we've needed since Mascherano left!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1454: Mar 05, 2017 01:28:21 pm
      Has come in for a lot of stick recently but played something like we know he is capable.

Needs to keep it up.

He didn't really do anything special. When the whole team plays like that, all players look better - one could even make the case that Klavan also played like "we know he is capable", except that saying this to a 31 year old Estonian does not sound as exciting as to a 23 year old German.

His physical presence and aerial ability were probably his main contributions, while on the ball he was OK, frequently under not a lot of pressure. Still could very easily have been stupidly sent off when Arsenal were a single goal behind, and then the whole "needs to keep it up" thing would have gone out of the window - thanks ref, I guess. Also, if you're gonna be booked for a "professional foul", please make sure you actually stop that counter attack. His attempt to do so was almost funny.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1455: Mar 05, 2017 02:09:21 pm
      He didn't really do anything special. When the whole team plays like that, all players look better - one could even make the case that Klavan also played like "we know he is capable", except that saying this to a 31 year old Estonian does not sound as exciting as to a 23 year old German.

His physical presence and aerial ability were probably his main contributions, while on the ball he was OK, frequently under not a lot of pressure. Still could very easily have been stupidly sent off when Arsenal were a single goal behind, and then the whole "needs to keep it up" thing would have gone out of the window - thanks ref, I guess. Also, if you're gonna be booked for a "professional foul", please make sure you actually stop that counter attack. His attempt to do so was almost funny.

But he wasn't sent off.

What special play did you expect from him?

FFS give the lad a break he played his part in a very good team performance.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1456: Mar 05, 2017 02:23:21 pm
      But he wasn't sent off.

What special play did you expect from him?

FFS give the lad a break he played his part in a very good team performance.

So I should praise him for a referee mistake? He was decent, not great, and had the referee done the right thing in sending him off - I know I would have wanted that, if it was against LFC - he could have costed us what was indeed a very good team performance.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1457: Mar 05, 2017 02:27:06 pm
      So I should praise him for a referee mistake? He was decent, not great, and had the referee done the right thing in sending him off - I know I would have wanted that, if it was against LFC - he could have costed us what was indeed a very good team performance.

Did you come on here and post every time Lucas has got away with a foul and second yellow?

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1458: Mar 05, 2017 02:32:42 pm
      Did you come on here and post every time Lucas has got away with a foul and second yellow?

And your point is? Does it make any less true anything I said of Emre Can's performance against Arsenal, which is what I'm discussing?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1459: Mar 05, 2017 02:42:43 pm

Needs to keep it up.

He just hit patchy form like all younger players do.

The match thread was funny as F**k when everyone chose to ignore the excellent crossfield pass he made, something his critics say he is incapable of.

Not his best game for us, but far from his worst, I thought he did pretty well and maybe a run of games is just what he needs.

The people who already have him sold in the summer are in for a disappointment I think.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1460: Mar 05, 2017 03:07:40 pm
      And your point is? Does it make any less true anything I said of Emre Can's performance against Arsenal, which is what I'm discussing?

I don't have a idea what your point is because I stated he did well in a good team performance but you for some reason wanted a special performance from him to get acknowledgement and going on about luck.

You dont need to praise him if you don't want but I thought he was absolutely fine yesterday.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1461: Mar 05, 2017 03:15:56 pm
      I don't have a idea what your point is because I stated he did well in a good team performance but you for some reason wanted a special performance from him to get acknowledgement and going on about luck.

You dont need to praise him if you don't want but I thought he was absolutely fine yesterday.

I was asking what your point was, bringing Lucas into the discussion for no apparent reason. As for my point, I thought it was fairly obvious: I don't think he did very well in that game and doesn't really deserve the praise he's been receiving, particularly as he should have been sent off at a point of the game where we were struggling to keep a hold of the match.

I've seen people giving him good grades while at the same time saying 'he was lucky to stay on the pitch', which I find weird - they're basically praising a player knowing the only reason he did not potentially cost us a game was due to a bad decision by the referee.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1462: Mar 05, 2017 03:24:46 pm
      I was asking what your point was, bringing Lucas into the discussion for no apparent reason. As for my point, I thought it was fairly obvious: I don't think he did very well in that game and doesn't really deserve the praise he's been receiving, particularly as he should have been sent off at a point of the game where we were struggling to keep a hold of the match.

I've seen people giving him good grades while at the same time saying 'he was lucky to stay on the pitch', which I find weird - they're basically praising a player knowing the only reason he did not potentially cost us a game was due to a bad decision by the referee.

Your point is that he did not play well because he should have been sent off. And hence i referenced Lucas who over the years has got away with similar fouls - not that difficult to understand unless you dont want to.

I dont see this as a bookable offence either. Nothing dangerous or reckless, clearly going for the ball. Not all fouls are bookings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW9lM18F2F8
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1463: Mar 05, 2017 03:37:08 pm
      Your point is that he did not play well because he should have been sent off. And hence i referenced Lucas who over the years has got away with similar fouls - not that difficult to understand unless you dont want to.

I dont see this as a bookable offence either. Nothing dangerous or reckless, clearly going for the ball. Not all fouls are bookings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW9lM18F2F8

I never said he didn't play well because he should have been sent off - just that it adds to what was at best an OK performance. An otherwise OK performance with a sending off, however, becomes a quite poor one in my eyes.

Lucas doesn't come into it because I'm not discussing his performance. If other players get away with it doesn't really matters to an appraisal of Emre Can's performance against Arsenal.

And that's not a bookable offence? That was the definition of reckless, especially considering he was already on a yellow for an useless foul a bit before. I would love to see you saying that if it was against a LFC player. No need to deny the obvious to defend a mediocre player after a mediocre performance
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1464: Mar 05, 2017 04:46:27 pm
      I never said he didn't play well because he should have been sent off - just that it adds to what was at best an OK performance. An otherwise OK performance with a sending off, however, becomes a quite poor one in my eyes.

Lucas doesn't come into it because I'm not discussing his performance. If other players get away with it doesn't really matters to an appraisal of Emre Can's performance against Arsenal.

And that's not a bookable offence? That was the definition of reckless, especially considering he was already on a yellow for an useless foul a bit before. I would love to see you saying that if it was against a LFC player. No need to deny the obvious to defend a mediocre player after a mediocre performance

Nonsense if that's reckless and bookable you would have every player booked during 90mins.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #1465: Mar 08, 2017 10:13:17 am
      http://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/03/emre-can-return-germany-liverpool-contract-dispute-continues/

Not too fussed if he leaves I don't think he's anywhere near as good as he thinks.

In fact I think Grujic will be a much better player so we already have a ready made replacement.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,350 posts | 1622 
      Reply #1466: Mar 08, 2017 10:18:52 am
      http://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/03/emre-can-return-germany-liverpool-contract-dispute-continues/

Not too fussed if he leaves I don't think he's anywhere near as good as he thinks.

In fact I think Grujic will be a much better player so we already have a ready made replacement.
      With you on that hasn't kicked on and way too slow ,is an ok player unfortunately if you want to win big that's not good enough.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1467: Mar 08, 2017 10:29:44 am

Apparently wants more than double what he's reportedly on.

In the Mirror, they said he was on 35,000 a week, so if this is true we're looking at around 70,000.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1468: Mar 08, 2017 10:43:54 am
      Apparently wants more than double what he's reportedly on.

In the Mirror, they said he was on 35,000 a week, so if this is true we're looking at around 70,000.

It'd help if he was even a starter for us or even playing well when he does play. His agent should have been trying to wrap up a new contract for him last season when he was playing better. I think we have about 6 players (Henderson, Milner, Sturridge, Coutinho, Firmino & Lallana) earning 100k+ for different reasons but then the rest of the starters are earning roughly 65k to 80k a week. Can doesn't fit into either group, he's a rotational player who seems to have regressed a little. His agent needs to apply some common sense to the situation.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1469: Mar 08, 2017 11:03:53 am
      Cue the "he isn't worth 70k" posts. He's a German international and features regularly in our first team, OF COURSE he's worth 70K per week in todays market.

Only at Liverpool do we as fans worry about overpaying players, that's the result of the conditioning which the successive carpetbagger owners have bred.

You don't hear Arsenal fans saying "Mertersaker ain't worth 100K a week, he ain't in the team" or Manc fans saying the same about Luke Shaw (even though in both cases it's probably true). No, all THEY worry about is whether or not they're winning trophies.

Us on the other hand, "sell Sturridge, he's on 120K a week and he's not in the team", or "sell Can he isn't worth 70K a week".

It's simple, if Jürgen wants Can (and I've no idea if he does) then he's worth 70K a week. If not, sell him and sure as sweet f*** someone else will pay him it.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #1470: Mar 08, 2017 11:17:41 am
      Cue the "he isn't worth 70k" posts. He's a German international and features regularly in our first team, OF COURSE he's worth 70K per week in todays market.

Only at Liverpool do we as fans worry about overpaying players, that's the result of the conditioning which the successive carpetbagger owners have bred.

You don't hear Arsenal fans saying "Mertersaker ain't worth 100K a week, he ain't in the team" or Manc fans saying the same about Luke Shaw (even though in both cases it's probably true). No, all THEY worry about is whether or not they're winning trophies.

Us on the other hand, "sell Sturridge, he's on 120K a week and he's not in the team", or "sell Can he isn't worth 70K a week".

It's simple, if Jürgen wants Can (and I've no idea if he does) then he's worth 70K a week. If not, sell him and sure as sweet f*** someone else will pay him it.

Nail.Head.

What the Fuk has some of this support base become?..
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #1471: Mar 08, 2017 11:18:42 am

No other club will pay Can 70k plus a week that I can guarantee you.

Quick Reply