Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Emre Can (Liverpool > Juventus)

Read 284707 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Re: Emre Can Player Thread
      Reply #1564: Apr 08, 2017 09:59:23 pm
      Monster player, sign this boy up for 5 more years
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1565: Apr 08, 2017 11:58:36 pm
      He was in his his lethargic strolling around firm in the first half and then not sure if it was a rocket from Klopp or he realised these are sh*t in the second half he was in panzer mode.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1566: Apr 16, 2017 04:12:04 pm
      Yet another fantastic industrial performance. New contract ? :D
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #1567: Apr 16, 2017 08:51:38 pm
      No new contract yet.  We should offer him in the summer.  New contracts have been a nuisance to our players.  Why?  I don't know.  But we need his performances till top 4 is safe and secured.   
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1568: Apr 17, 2017 05:56:49 am
      Was the combative driver in midfield with the enthusiasm to boot, need that kind of steel against the ale house teams.

Top performance.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1569: Apr 23, 2017 08:44:14 pm
      Went missing today.
      Have defended him in the past, but needs to be more consistent.
      Need his head back in the game for the next one.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #1570: Apr 23, 2017 08:48:17 pm
      Went missing today.
      No wait , he's a beast ! . A f***in bog standard footballer who will hold us back if he is indulged . Gives the ball away at an alarming rate. Adequate at best , inconsistent low par footballer.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1571: Apr 23, 2017 08:50:46 pm
      Went missing today.

Thought he actually looked naive today, tried to force things that weren't there and took silly shots that weren't on. It was a bit of a faithless performance and I think the nerves/expectation from the crowd just got to him.

To be fair to him he's been outstanding in recent weeks and I don't think he was anywhere near our worst player today.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #1572: Apr 23, 2017 09:01:35 pm
      Thought he actually looked naive today, tried to force things that weren't there and took silly shots that weren't on. It was a bit of a faithless performance and I think the nerves/expectation from the crowd just got to him.

To be fair to him he's been outstanding in recent weeks and I don't think he was anywhere near our worst player today.

Jesus Luke !! He's been outstanding in recent weeks ? Are you f**king having a laugh ? Outstanding ? Just what gauge do you measure footballers on ? If you seriously think Can has been OUTSTANDING in recent weeks you have very low standards.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1573: Apr 23, 2017 09:12:51 pm
      Jesus Luke !! He's been outstanding in recent weeks ? Are you f**king having a laugh ? Outstanding ? Just what gauge do you measure footballers on ? If you seriously think Can has been OUTSTANDING in recent weeks you have very low standards.

I honestly think he has mate, I've criticised him plenty early on in the season but yes some outstanding performances in recent weeks.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1574: Apr 23, 2017 09:20:05 pm
      I'm never confident about Lucas and Can playing together, don't think that can be used as an excuse for his performance today, seems when we lose its because the team collectively were poor. Didn't play with the same confidence of his last few games.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #1575: Apr 23, 2017 09:21:39 pm
      I honestly think he has mate, I've criticised him plenty early on in the season but yes some outstanding performances in recent weeks.
      Outstanding without goals and assists? Not to mention how many times he has needlessly given the ball away . He is bog standard at best. No top team in the world would go anywhere near him , you know why ? He's sh*te.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1576: Apr 23, 2017 09:27:16 pm
      Outstanding without goals and assists? Not to mention how many times he has needlessly given the ball away . He is bog standard at best. No top team in the world would go anywhere near him , you know why ? He's sh*te.

He's not sh*te. He's inconsistent and can turn in sh*te performances and that's an issue. At the end of last season he was playing superb and in the last 4 or 5 games I think he's been outstanding but in between those times he put in many very poor performances and if by that you mean "he's sh*te" then yes we need a player who can be at a high level for many more games in a season.

I take on board that he's had an injury that's been dragging him back this season and in truth I don't think he was anywhere near one of our worst players today. When you play in midfield and your wide options are constantly Clyne and Milner your job is automatically made more difficult, the emphasis becomes on you to be creative and you to do something you shouldn't have to do in that moment. Hence why I think we saw some of the silly shots today but I think "he's sh*te" is unfair on this occasion where I would agree with you on you're earlier one in another thread. :D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6732 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1577: Apr 23, 2017 10:50:22 pm
      I still can't believe when Gini put him through on goal that the ball went more towards the corner flag then towards the goal. I know the ball from Gini wasn't the best but surely he had to smash that home or at the very least, get it on target.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,459 posts | 4587 
      Reply #1578: Apr 23, 2017 10:55:17 pm
      Stood like a statue allowing Benteke to score..

Was he Zonal marking by not moving from his position?..
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #1579: Apr 23, 2017 11:00:09 pm
      Seemingly too inconsistent by far.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #1580: Apr 24, 2017 10:26:33 am
      He's not sh*te. He's inconsistent and can turn in sh*te performances and that's an issue. At the end of last season he was playing superb and in the last 4 or 5 games I think he's been outstanding but in between those times he put in many very poor performances and if by that you mean "he's sh*te" then yes we need a player who can be at a high level for many more games in a season.

I take on board that he's had an injury that's been dragging him back this season and in truth I don't think he was anywhere near one of our worst players today. When you play in midfield and your wide options are constantly Clyne and Milner your job is automatically made more difficult, the emphasis becomes on you to be creative and you to do something you shouldn't have to do in that moment. Hence why I think we saw some of the silly shots today but I think "he's sh*te" is unfair on this occasion where I would agree with you on you're earlier one in another thread. :D
      It might be a bit harsh just saying " he's sh*te "  but he's just not delivering and i'm really struggling to think of his strong points.
      His most consistent trait is his inconsistency and this makes me think that he is not pushing himself enough or just simply lacks what is required.

Let's look at it this way , is he missed when he is not in the team ?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1581: Apr 24, 2017 10:31:41 am
      It might be a bit harsh just saying " he's sh*te "  but he's just not delivering and i'm really struggling to think of his strong points.
      His most consistent trait is his inconsistency and this makes me think that he is not pushing himself enough or just simply lacks what is required.

Let's look at it this way , is he missed when he is not in the team ?

His best position is as a number 6 he has said so himself so a bit like asking Clyne Milner to be attacking fullbacks he is being asked to do something which is not natural but all borne out of the club papering over cracks and not wanting to spend to cure the issues.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1582: Apr 24, 2017 02:41:20 pm
      And James Milner seems to think his best position is at CM, but it doesn't make that a reality either.

I've tried to avoid posting here after yesterday because I understand my bias and preconceptions of the player - but he does little to change my mind. I'm just not a big fan, really.

Really think his good performances are blown out of proportion - after some horrible performances, two decent games in a row all of a sudden become "proving doubters wrong" - and overall his contribution has been mediocre at best this season.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6732 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1583: Apr 25, 2017 02:51:37 am
      Stood like a statue allowing Benteke to score..

Was he Zonal marking by not moving from his position?..

Had to start goal side of Christian for starters.

Is that where he is taught to stand or is that his own doing?

Hope Klopp shows him a video of that and instructs him what he needs to do next time.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1584: Apr 25, 2017 07:04:34 pm
      His best position is as a number 6 he has said so himself so a bit like asking Clyne Milner to be attacking fullbacks he is being asked to do something which is not natural but all borne out of the club papering over cracks and not wanting to spend to cure the issues.

No mate, he said that was his preferred position while he was carrying a calf injury, because it meant he had to run less.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1585: May 01, 2017 10:29:05 pm
      Easily MOTM one of a few walked away with any credit tonight.

He may have shortcomings but one thing you can never doubt is his heart and he certainly never goes hiding.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #1586: May 01, 2017 10:58:42 pm
      And if anyone can....Emre Can  ;D

Absolutely sublime goal that was, precision was just perfection  :)

Love it, goal of the month already for me or the season maybe?

Wonderful  :kop5cf8koxp6:

Quick Reply