Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Emre Can (Liverpool > Juventus)

Read 281886 times
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Re: Emre Can Player Thread
      Reply #1817: Oct 25, 2017 09:36:52 pm
      The biggest bottler when our team bottles it.

Get rid.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1818: Oct 26, 2017 12:30:59 am
      Me neither,I'd even help
      Pack his suitcase & drive him to the airport.

Put some weird stuff in his suitcase that will get him in trouble with the TSA.... Revenge is best served by a TSA agent that has had a long day and has very cold hands.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1819: Oct 26, 2017 12:45:25 am
      The biggest bottler when our team bottles it.

Get rid.

An incredible feat when you consider just how many contenders there are.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1820: Oct 26, 2017 07:23:24 am
      I still cannot believe the amount of people who were calling for him to be captain. At the time I said they were some of the worst posts of all time on this forum. I stand by that.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1821: Oct 26, 2017 12:29:38 pm
      Maybe there’s a reason we didn’t rush to meet his contractual demands.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1822: Oct 26, 2017 12:52:00 pm
      Plays for himself.

Talented kid but wrong mindset in my opinion.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1823: Nov 03, 2017 07:38:37 am
      I wouldn't play him and give a youngster a chance.

https://twitter.com/anfieldhq/status/926217234300702721
      « Last Edit: Nov 03, 2017 08:01:02 am by HScRed1 »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1824: Nov 03, 2017 08:32:27 am
      No tears here if he goes
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #1825: Nov 03, 2017 09:20:34 am
      I’d keep him. We are in this constant position of having no squad depth because we bin off decent players. We need competition but we seem to view players in a decent wedge being sat on the bench as a waste. It isn’t.

Our squad is threadbare and next season with Keita coming in, he should be pushing one of our midfield 3 to the bench, doesn’t mean they have to go out the door though.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1826: Nov 03, 2017 11:56:41 am

That's MORE than fine with me as long as we spend money. Emre isn't near the level of player we want and need if we want to take that next step. With that said spending money around here doesn't come easy.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1827: Nov 03, 2017 12:17:00 pm
      F**k him, Keita is basically replacing him, so all good. And I agree, maybe it's time for him to be benched now.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #1828: Nov 03, 2017 05:41:59 pm
      That's MORE than fine with me as long as we spend money. Emre isn't near the level of player we want and need if we want to take that next step. With that said spending money around here doesn't come easy.

What money mate, he's leaving for free as his contract expires.
      I don't think we'll miss him to be honest, especially with Keita coming in. If he's no longer in our long-term plan then we should give the chance for someone else.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1829: Nov 03, 2017 05:48:52 pm

Sit him down, explain to him that unless he signs a contract he will not play another minute for LFC which might hinder his chances of making the German squad for the world cup next year. Say that we are more than happy to sell him but that he needs to sign a new contract.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1830: Nov 03, 2017 06:47:19 pm
      What money mate, he's leaving for free as his contract expires.
      I don't think we'll miss him to be honest, especially with Keita coming in. If he's no longer in our long-term plan then we should give the chance for someone else.

For another squad player to take his place.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1831: Nov 03, 2017 06:56:29 pm

Not meaning to be an arse here, but why do Juventus want him so much if he's so sh*t?

I'm sure he'll have his pick of clubs if he leaves, which only goes to show how misjudged he is on here.
      He'll also be playing for one of the best national teams in the world.

Personally, I'd do whatever is needed to keep him; only 23, big, quick, strong, great technique, and has a shot on him. Yes he's a bit lacking in some areas but not by a huge margin.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1832: Nov 03, 2017 07:20:14 pm
      Really don’t rate emre that highly at all
      That watford goal, though utterly world class, gives a misleading representation of his ability and role for us
      I have no qualms letting him leave
      The only issue is how the club actually improve and bring in better players.
      Years in, year out, same problem and concerns
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #1833: Nov 03, 2017 07:26:33 pm
      Not meaning to be an arse here, but why do Juventus want him so much if he's so sh*t?

I'm sure he'll have his pick of clubs if he leaves, which only goes to show how misjudged he is on here.

Personally, I'd do whatever is needed to keep him; only 23, big, quick, strong, great technique, and has a shot on him. Yes he's a bit lacking in some areas but not by a huge margin.

I would've done anything to keep Suarez, Alonso or even Sterling but Can ???

Not even once has he proven to be the player he thinks he is, the type to hold the club to ransom and make demands and he should count himself lucky that he is one of Jürgen's golden boys otherwise based on form he shouldn't have had the amount of starts he had in the last 2 years.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1834: Nov 03, 2017 07:37:01 pm
      I would've done anything to keep Suarez, Alonso or even Sterling but Can ???

Not even once has he proven to be the player he thinks he is, the type to hold the club to ransom and make demands and he should count himself lucky that he is one of Jürgen's golden boys otherwise based on form he shouldn't have had the amount of starts he had in the last 2 years.

The club did do everything they could to keep those players.

"Jurgens golden boys"??
      That's pretty disparaging to the manager is it not?
      Perhaps, just maybe, Klopp has forgotten more about football than any of us will ever know.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1835: Nov 03, 2017 08:17:21 pm
      The club did do everything they could to keep those players.

"Jurgens golden boys"??
      That's pretty disparaging to the manager is it not?
      Perhaps, just maybe, Klopp has forgotten more about football than any of us will ever know.

Leave me out of this!!! :f_steam:
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1836: Nov 03, 2017 08:29:11 pm

I don't think he is sh*t. He has proven on a number of occasions that he is certainly a capable player. However, he plays for himself a bit too much for most on here. Milner has come out and said that he didn't want to play at LB, but the team required it and he puts the team first. There have been talks of moving Can to permanent defense only to hear of him not wanting to do it, what kind of message does that send to the boys?. I also think he is a tad to slow and knuckle headed for me. His play the last few months outside of the lower CL teams has been erratic at best. His challenge after losing the ball in the Spurs match changed the game completely. We had just scored and started getting forward with pressure. The momentum was swinging in our favor. Then he gives up the free kick and any chance of a point for the club. If we want to be better than we need improvement in personal. If you rate Can highly than cool, more power to ya. He doesn't suck. But I don't want dudes who "don't suck". I want top class players.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1837: Nov 03, 2017 09:13:48 pm

Erm ever considered it's because he would be a free transfer?

But yeah He would probably thrive in the slower Italian league where he would be allowed more time on the ball.
      Worked out well for Suso.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1838: Nov 03, 2017 09:16:57 pm

Nobody said a word to or about you, so no idea what this is about.

Anyway
      I don't think he is sh*t. He has proven on a number of occasions that he is certainly a capable player. However, he plays for himself a bit too much for most on here. Milner has come out and said that he didn't want to play at LB, but the team required it and he puts the team first. There have been talks of moving Can to permanent defense only to hear of him not wanting to do it, what kind of message does that send to the boys?. I also think he is a tad to slow and knuckle headed for me. His play the last few months outside of the lower CL teams has been erratic at best. His challenge after losing the ball in the Spurs match changed the game completely. We had just scored and started getting forward with pressure. The momentum was swinging in our favor. Then he gives up the free kick and any chance of a point for the club. If we want to be better than we need improvement in personal. If you rate Can highly than cool, more power to ya. He doesn't suck. But I don't want dudes who "don't suck". I want top class players.

Just a few counter points, to show where I stand, and why.
      First and foremost, I don't take much notice of what "most people on here say", and what others say certainly has little bearing on my assessment of a player.
      Can is actually one of the quickest players in our squad; I know he looks like he's lumbering along, but don't let that fool you, he's pretty quick.

Last season he was carrying an injury pretty much the whole season, and still did well once he moved deeper (less running, there's an interview with him somewhere)
      This time round he had no pre-season at all, and if anything he looks a little jaded, after playing a tournament in the summer.
      Not excuses, but mitigating factors if you like.

I have no idea where this "he plays for himself" comes from, but I suspect there's a bit of bias due to his contract situation.
      That's fair enough (the bias), but I don't see him playing for himself, I see a guy trying to make something happen.

He's 23, he's going to make errors.
      Players in their prime make errors as well, and generally, young players make more.
      For his age, Can makes fewer errors than most.

Finally, when were these "talks" of him moving into defense? On here? An interview?
      It's perfectly acceptable for a player to have a preference as to where he plays, and IMO Can is fine where he is.
      A different shape in midfield might benefit him, but he has shown he can play, and play well in any of our 3 midfield positions.

I'm not trying to persuade you; like I said, just some counter points to ponder (or not).
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1839: Nov 03, 2017 09:24:45 pm
      Erm ever considered it's because he would be a free transfer?

But yeah He would probably thrive in the slower Italian league where he would be allowed more time on the ball.
      Worked out well for Suso.

Erm, Juventus offered a good wedge for him last summer, so not quite sure what you mean there mate.
      A player of his quality will attract interest; the fact that Juve were prepared to shell out a decent wedge in the last year of his contract speaks volumes for me.

Brought up in Germany, highly rated, has played in fast paced leagues all his career, and to me, doesn't look out of place, plus he's a lot quicker than people give him credit for.
      Look at the stats about our quickest players.

Suso's problems were all in his head; he thought he'd made it already, and was a proper lazy f**ker in training.
      No doubt he's bucked his ideas up now.

Quick Reply