Trending Topics

Emre Can (Liverpool > Juventus)

Read 283328 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Emre Can Player Thread
      Reply #2070: Feb 10, 2018 04:54:44 pm
      Can should go because he is 24 and his development has stagnated. He is not going to get much better than now and he is equal to Hendo and Gini in quality, we slowly need to upgrade all our midfield. He didn't cost much, he isn't worth much and he is on isn't worth a high salary. He is currently on 70k a week. Gini ON 90k and Hendo on 100k, it is no surprise he wants out... but he is not worth a pay rise because he just is not good enough.
      Here's the thing, As a player you only get better if you have quality players around you as heimdall said.."he is symptomatic of the average midfield we've suffered for too long now."...        Henderson Average, Gini Average, Lallana Average
      « Last Edit: Feb 10, 2018 07:37:07 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2071: Feb 10, 2018 07:09:52 pm
      Here's the thing, As a player you only get better if yo have quality players around you as heimdall said.."he is symptomatic of the average midfield we've suffered for too long now."...        Henderson Average, Gini Average, Lallana Average
      Lallana has to be Mane's backup now Coutinho has gone. Henderson, Can and Gini are average players in any team. Keita will be an upgrade from Can. Henderson's Contracted until 2020 and we should let that run out too. I don't think he is worth 100k a week.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #2072: Feb 10, 2018 07:39:49 pm
      Lallana has to be Mane's backup now Coutinho has gone. Henderson, Can and Gini are average players in any team. Keita will be an upgrade from Can. Henderson's Contracted until 2020 and we should let that run out too. I don't think he is worth 100k a week.
      Agree the Can part, Henderson we should sell if we can, and if Lallana is back up for Mane we are in deep sh*t
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2073: Feb 10, 2018 08:36:38 pm
      Agree the Can part, Henderson we should sell if we can, and if Lallana is back up for Mane we are in deep sh*t
      In 2020 Hendo will be 29. He's never been worth more than we paid for him. He's would have been here 9 years, free transfer to a team in bottom half of the table will be likely. If Hendo expects a contract increasing his salary past 100k he should do stand up comedy instead of playing football.
      « Last Edit: Feb 10, 2018 08:44:42 pm by Ribapuru »
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #2074: Feb 11, 2018 03:00:05 pm

Whether he is worth the club giving 100k a week is kind of irrelevant to me.
      What matters is whether he is worthy of being a key component of our future and that is where I believe he isn’t.
      On his day he has had some excellent performance for us BUT by and large, I find he a quite limited, erratic and a mostly peripheral player that isn’t what we need to move us onwards and upwards.
      He’ll do great in Italy but in the premier league I think he flatters to deceive.
      We just need to keep improving the first 11
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #2075: Feb 12, 2018 03:22:51 pm
      Whether he is worth the club giving 100k a week is kind of irrelevant to me.
      What matters is whether he is worthy of being a key component of our future and that is where I believe he isn’t.
      On his day he has had some excellent performance for us BUT by and large, I find he a quite limited, erratic and a mostly peripheral player that isn’t what we need to move us onwards and upwards.
      He’ll do great in Italy but in the premier league I think he flatters to deceive.
      We just need to keep improving the first 11
      I have a big supporter and defender of Emre Can in his time at Liverpool. Seen some great performances by him, like the time he came back from injury against Arsenal and was unplayable, but I have to agree with you. there has been way to little along these line from him recently. When missing the second half of the game vs Spurs...
      You say that he has been "quite limited, erratic and a mostly peripheral player that isn’t what we need to move us onwards and upwards." a view that if i am to be honest I have to agree with... If we keep hold of him till the summer I would like to see him deployed more as a DM and see if that roles suits him better, if not sell if possible, or let him go
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,472 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2076: Feb 28, 2018 10:18:48 pm
      I don't think he is worth 100k a week.

Thing is, though, what you think doesn't matter. That's not me having a pop by the way it's just how it is.

You see, if you're Emre Can and you're getting played practically every week, if not every week, while the likes of Danny Sturridge have been either injured or not selected for God knows how long until he went on loan, whist picking up (and no doubt still picking up)  £120k/150k a week then you're quite rightly arguing you're worth £100k a week.

It's all very weird to me, this. Considering he is selected more often than not I really don't understand how anybody doesn't think he should be entitled to what he's asking for. If that's the £100k a week we really hearing about.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2077: Feb 28, 2018 11:23:54 pm
      Thing is, though, what you think doesn't matter. That's not me having a pop by the way it's just how it is.

You see, if you're Emre Can and you're getting played practically every week, if not every week, while the likes of Danny Sturridge have been either injured or not selected for God knows how long until he went on loan, whist picking up (and no doubt still picking up)  £120k/150k a week then you're quite rightly arguing you're worth £100k a week.

It's all very weird to me, this. Considering he is selected more often than not I really don't understand how anybody doesn't think he should be entitled to what he's asking for. If that's the £100k a week we really hearing about.

Not so black and white this salary business but I doubt that is the only consideration for Emre.

Henderson earns more than Mane and Lallana, Milner earns more than Firmino.......

As has been reported previously the issue with Emre is he wants a buy out clause and I imagine it's that figure which is the stumbling block or more likely even being offered one.

For the Club give him a buy out clause and every single player at renewal will want one. No big deal in Emre's case as he can be easily replaced but the front 3.........  :o

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,472 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2078: Mar 01, 2018 05:25:45 am
      Not so black and white this salary business but I doubt that is the only consideration for Emre.

Henderson earns more than Mane and Lallana, Milner earns more than Firmino.......

As has been reported previously the issue with Emre is he wants a buy out clause and I imagine it's that figure which is the stumbling block or more likely even being offered one.

For the Club give him a buy out clause and every single player at renewal will want one. No big deal in Emre's case as he can be easily replaced but the front 3.........  :o

Is there any rumours to what amount the buy out he wants is, mate?
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #2079: Mar 01, 2018 07:31:48 am
      Is there any rumours to what amount the buy out he wants is, mate?

Think I remember seeing it being 30m.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,534 posts | 3904 
      Reply #2080: Mar 01, 2018 08:23:22 am
      Think I remember seeing it being 30m.

30m is the new 5m. He’s worth at least £80m in the current market.

I personally think he’s quality and deserves a juicy contract to stay. I don’t understand how anyone can doubt his quality.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2081: Mar 01, 2018 09:13:50 am

I personally think he’s quality and deserves a juicy contract to stay. I don’t understand how anyone can doubt his quality.

Get the F**k out of here, no way Can is worth £80m in any market, now or in the future but it would certainly dissuade any poachers.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,534 posts | 3904 
      Reply #2082: Mar 01, 2018 09:26:30 am
      Get the f**k out of here, no way Can is worth £80m in any market, now or in the future but it would certainly dissuade any poachers.

Let’s agree to disagree
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #2083: Mar 01, 2018 11:34:04 am
      It's Hendo that needs to be shipped out, not Can, we should do whatever it takes to make sure he signs a new contract here. He can improve greatly and he is already an important player for us.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #2084: Mar 01, 2018 11:48:00 am

Good lord - he is not worth £80m.

That IS hyperbole fella.....
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,534 posts | 3904 
      Reply #2085: Mar 01, 2018 11:59:12 am
      Good lord - he is not worth £80m.

That IS hyperbole fella.....

I stand by my valuation :)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,170 posts | 6344 
      Reply #2086: Mar 01, 2018 02:03:30 pm
      It's Hendo that needs to be shipped out, not Can, we should do whatever it takes to make sure he signs a new contract here. He can improve greatly and he is already an important player for us.

No he isn't. If he was Klopp would  have him resigned.

I'm kind of over the Hendo bashing. Not sure why people keep at it. He's a good player and a good player to have in the squad and Klopp obviously really rates him. At this point, that's good enough for me.

Can is looking for a payday....so let him go find it. There are plenty of midfielders out there that can do the job he does (and probably better). Just go buy one of them.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2087: Mar 01, 2018 02:07:21 pm

Well in that case its bat sh*t crazy for the club not signing him up to a new deal, even if he wanted £150k per week.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #2088: Mar 01, 2018 02:29:03 pm
      Well in that case its bat sh*t crazy for the club not signing him up to a new deal, even if he wanted £150k per week.

Hell yeah!

Worth £150k for one week to sell for £80m the next......
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,981 posts | 512 
      Reply #2089: Mar 01, 2018 09:43:37 pm
      If Emre was on a long term deal somewhere and you were buying him, he'd be worth £25m-£30m. No more than £30m certainly.

I quite like him. He's a decent all rounder. I like his attitude - he's basically running down his contract this year, but he's kept working hard, always puts in an effort, which isn't to be taken for granted. I'd like to see us keep him, but if his wage demands are too steep them so be it. With Hendo getting injury prone we'd need to replace Emre though - like I say probably cost £25m-£30m for a similar quality player, so it might be worth paying him a bit more than you would otherwise in wages and saving on a transfer fee.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2090: Mar 01, 2018 11:49:45 pm

Are you F***ing high!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,534 posts | 3904 
      Reply #2091: Mar 02, 2018 07:38:11 am
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #2092: Mar 02, 2018 07:51:23 am
      I can see the headlines now.....

Emre Can leaves for £80m

And on the front page.....

Trump and Kim Jong Un celebrate 1st year of marriage with masquerade ball......

Quick Reply