Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Emre Can (Liverpool > Juventus)

Read 281803 times
      Keny
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | 26 
      Re: Emre Can Player Thread
      Reply #2116: Mar 08, 2018 05:53:43 pm

He may already have a contract placed with another club (maybe Juventus, as rumoured).  He kept claiming he did not make the decision for he did not want the club drop him from playing, since this is the WC year.

Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2117: Mar 08, 2018 07:36:10 pm
      I would be very very surprised if he signs another contract at LFC. It seems clear to me that the club haven't offered him the sort of money he is hoping to get and he'll have a few decent offers on the table come the summer. Was recently linked with a move to City and Madrid and it wouldn't actually surprise me to see him at City although Juve still seems the most likely.

I've got mixed feelings. I've always felt he is one of the mot over-rated (by our fans) players at the club and like Scotia said, his great games are too few and far between. Having said that he is currently in the middle of an excellent run of form, he is working his socks off and Influencing games so I'd be happy to see him sign another contract if it can be done. Also worth pointing out that the rest of our CMs have all stepped up their fame of late.

It was also pointed out that Can has an excellent injury record which is important for a CM.

If he goes I'd love to see a player like Hamsic from Napoli come in along with Keita in the summer.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2118: Mar 08, 2018 08:02:40 pm
      I would be very very surprised if he signs another contract at LFC. It seems clear to me that the club haven't offered him the sort of money he is hoping to get and he'll have a few decent offers on the table come the summer. Was recently linked with a move to City and Madrid and it wouldn't actually surprise me to see him at City although Juve still seems the most likely.

I've got mixed feelings. I've always felt he is one of the mot over-rated (by our fans) players at the club and like Scotia said, his great games are too few and far between. Having said that he is currently in the middle of an excellent run of form, he is working his socks off and Influencing games so I'd be happy to see him sign another contract if it can be done. Also worth pointing out that the rest of our CMs have all stepped up their fame of late.

It was also pointed out that Can has an excellent injury record which is important for a CM.

If he goes I'd love to see a player like Hamsic from Napoli come in along with Keita in the summer.

Good post and some good points Scott.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #2119: Mar 21, 2018 01:16:42 pm
      Saying nothing is decided and you wanna concentrate on football while at the club and mouthing off about "next season's aspirations" while on international duty!! Not good fella.. total lack of class talking about "a very big club"!

https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/976428985881169920
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #2120: Mar 21, 2018 01:55:13 pm
      Saying nothing is decided and you wanna concentrate on football while at the club and mouthing off about "next season's aspirations" while on international duty!! Not good fella.. total lack of class talking about "a very big club"!

Agreed, oh well he can F**k off to who ever he wants at the end of the season.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2121: Mar 21, 2018 02:21:28 pm

Can will be playing for a 'very big club' next season & that's LFC..

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2122: Mar 21, 2018 02:28:37 pm
      Can will be playing for a 'very big club' next season & that's LFC..

Yep he can play the wall in free kick practice for Naby, Mo, Draxler and Jorginho ;)
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #2123: Mar 21, 2018 07:45:06 pm

Don't think this is as bad as some are making out.

Full quotes: https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/03/the-truth-about-those-emre-can-big-club-quotes/
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2124: Mar 22, 2018 09:57:46 am
      We need the players here to believe that they are already at a very big club. The standards they should set themselves day in and out is to work hard enough and be good enough to deliver the trophies of that of a very big club.

Winning silverware helps to create that feel about the place. We are very good but as of yet no trophies to show for it.

The CL is an outside bet but the trophies are more likely to go to the top 2 this season.

If our own players see the club as a stepping stone then the mentality is wrong.

Over the years we have had some incredible players who have left the club and won the lot.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #2125: Mar 22, 2018 11:38:06 am
      No it's not mate,selective reporting from the mouthpiece Pearce serving his paymasters at the daily manc group,the article was a wum article purposely written & worded to stir the sh*t & to get a reaction,all about website hits today with most of the papers
      Stopped reading the liverpool echo when bascombe turned bandit and went to work for the tw*t murdoch
      And when it ceased being printed in liverpool my whole family stopped reading it.
      Regarding the 'big club' quote,well he is already at a big club and if a player thinks he is better than he actually is then crack on emre lad,pack your bags
      & F**k off.
      « Last Edit: Mar 22, 2018 11:42:17 am by Jimsouse67 »
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2126: Mar 27, 2018 09:43:52 pm
      Strange how it was "leaked" that a player that has "yet to sign a contract" is being touted as demanding ridiculous pay demands, therefore the club had "no option but to let him go" in the event that he does leave.
      I'm clairvoyant!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2127: Mar 28, 2018 07:07:33 pm
      Strange how it was "leaked" that a player that has "yet to sign a contract" is being touted as demanding ridiculous pay demands, therefore the club had "no option but to let him go" in the event that he does leave.
      I'm clairvoyant!

It's changed then, it was originally reported as stalling because of a very low transfer clause, being requested by Can's agent.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2128: Mar 28, 2018 08:16:50 pm
      It's changed then, it was originally reported as stalling because of a very low transfer clause, being requested by Can's agent.

Yup the hang-up was the transfer clause and LFC said they don't do them anymore for anybody.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2129: Mar 30, 2018 02:19:52 pm
      Klopp insists contract talks are ongoing. Emre will not feature vs. Palace, but Klopp expects him to resume full training Sunday and for him to be available against City in the Champions League.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2130: Mar 30, 2018 04:04:13 pm
      Klopp insists contract talks are ongoing. Emre will not feature vs. Palace, but Klopp expects him to resume full training Sunday and for him to be available against City in the Champions League.

Just can't see him signing a new contract , really can't. Very disappointed especially when he has been our best midfielder in an average midfield.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2131: Mar 30, 2018 06:37:41 pm
      Just can't see him signing a new contract , really can't. Very disappointed especially when he has been our best midfielder in an average midfield.
      He wants 200k though. He's not worth 100k. Only Salah and Firmino are worth 200k a week.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2132: Mar 30, 2018 06:42:12 pm
      He wants 200k though. He's not worth 100k. Only Salah and Firmino are worth 200k a week.

No, Klopp confirmed he wants 250k ;)
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #2133: Mar 31, 2018 12:20:03 am

Sorry mate, but have to disagree on this.  He has games where he is the best of the bunch, and then games where he is a liability.  Every player has ups and downs, but Emre seems to either be great or sh*te, in equal amounts....

All of our CM's could easily be replaced with better options.  The only shame about Emre leaving on a free is that we get no fee for him.  His absence will be fairly easy to reconcile.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2134: Apr 01, 2018 12:48:43 am
      Need this lad back for City desperately.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2135: Apr 01, 2018 12:50:11 am
      Need this lad back for City desperately.

Which says it all.........for the quality of our current midfield.

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2136: Apr 01, 2018 12:58:00 am
      Which says it all.........for the quality of our current midfield.

I think he's the right profile of player to contain Silva and De Bruyne.

That context for me is all about stopping Silva forget the others.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2137: Apr 05, 2018 10:58:38 pm
      Daily mirror reporting emre could miss the rest of the season and the world cup
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #2138: Apr 05, 2018 11:11:18 pm
      Daily mirror reporting emre could miss the rest of the season and the world cup

F**k sake

Quick Reply