Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Emre Can (Liverpool > Juventus)

Read 283651 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Emre Can Player Thread
      Reply #2162: Apr 17, 2018 06:56:39 pm
      So, he will warm their bench. If so, he's gold-digger!
      Quote from Mirror a few weeks ago "Liverpool will have to pay Emre Can more than £200,000-a-week if they want him to stay." after reading that I lost all respect for Emre Can.
      Emre Can also said;

“My qualities are sufficient to play in a very big club next season.

“I do not want to exclude anything because I do not know what I will do from the summer.”
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2163: Apr 17, 2018 07:01:26 pm
      Quote from Mirror a few weeks ago "Liverpool will have to pay Emre Can more than £200,000-a-week if they want him to stay." after reading that I lost all respect for Emre Can.
      Emre Can also said;

“My qualities are sufficient to play in a very big club next season.

“I do not want to exclude anything because I do not know what I will do from the summer.”

He's not worth 200,000 per week. We have Milner, Henderson, Wijnaldum, AOC, plus Keita. You can leave Can, if you want that amount of money.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #2164: Apr 17, 2018 07:05:23 pm
      It'd be nice to keep him, good squad player, but no way he's worth  £200k a week.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2165: Apr 18, 2018 03:46:28 am
      So Salah gets 40 goals this season whilst Can, on the whole has been a bit of a nothing player yet again, he will be lively one game but missing the next, basically your average footballer that probably won’t ever go on to reach the potential touted...and he believes he’s deserving of a 200k a week contract?! To be our highest paid player...yeah, see yous later lad.

I don’t really see where he fits into our team other than to add depth to the side (with Keita and hopefully another arrival) no idea how he thinks he will get into a team that has KDB, Silva and Fernandinho. Yaya Toure can’t even get a game and he’s more than double the player Can is.
      « Last Edit: Apr 18, 2018 03:57:44 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #2166: Apr 18, 2018 05:57:09 am
      Emre said the 200k a week stuff is crap.
      Tbh if it were as simple as that I think Liverpool would give him it, Citeh will without even thinking about it. We’re talking about a £40-50M player walking away for nothing, I still don’t quite understand how it’s been allowed to happen.
      But hey ho life will go on

I don’t really see where he fits into our team other than to add depth to the side (with Keita and hopefully another arrival) no idea how he thinks he will get into a team that has KDB, Silva and Fernandinho. Yaya Toure can’t even get a game and he’s more than double the player Can is.

Fernandinho is 32 and Yaya is off in the summer so there’s definitely a role for him there
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #2167: Apr 18, 2018 12:57:48 pm
      It'd be nice to keep him, good squad player, but no way he's worth  £200k a week.

Just look at the quality at the £200k price point. Even at sub £200k.

Sanchez £350k
      Pogba £290k
      Lukaku £250k
      Aguero £220k
      Yaya £220k
      Ibra £220k
      De Bruyne £200k
      De Gea £200k
      Hazard £200k
      Coutinho £180k
      Lacazette £170k
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #2168: Apr 18, 2018 01:14:46 pm

Reliable mate?

I’m just a bit meh about Emre tbh.........too inconsistent and not a baby anymore.

I am fed up players thinking they’re bigger than LFC though......
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2169: Apr 18, 2018 01:27:10 pm

What respect I had for him would be gone...I've given Emre the benefit of doubt and expected him to put pen to paper after seeing the direction we are heading under Klopp..oh well.

ruthcity

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #2170: Apr 18, 2018 01:30:31 pm

Heard we will win the league without him next year.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2171: Apr 18, 2018 02:35:19 pm
      Fernandinho is 32 and Yaya is off in the summer so there’s definitely a role for him there

Fernandinho has been very good this season, his best so far at City and plays basically 90mins every game so he’s clearly a favourite of Pep, so cant see that changing next season.

With Yaya, my point was not for next season but how he can’t get in the team now and being much better than Can, I cant see how it would be different for Can. Fully aware Yaya won’t be there next season but he’s a good example IMO.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #2172: Apr 18, 2018 02:49:40 pm
      No, Klopp confirmed he wants 250k ;)
      With some of the wages being thrown around these days £250k a week isn't that much.... Read somewhere that City wanted to sign Messi and would pay him £800k p.w.

Clubs getting very rich quickly on the TV rights, and players want the share of it
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2173: Apr 18, 2018 03:06:01 pm
      With some of the wages being thrown around these days £250k a week isn't that much.... Read somewhere that City wanted to sign Messi and would pay him £800k p.w.

Clubs getting very rich quickly on the TV rights, and players want the share of it

Yeah, but it was a joke by Klopp in a press conference when asked if the rumour was true about Can wanting 100k to sign or some sh*t.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #2174: Apr 18, 2018 03:15:34 pm
      Fernandinho has been very good this season, his best so far at City and plays basically 90mins every game so he’s clearly a favourite of Pep, so cant see that changing next season.

With Yaya, my point was not for next season but how he can’t get in the team now and being much better than Can, I cant see how it would be different for Can. Fully aware Yaya won’t be there next season but he’s a good example IMO.

I actually think there is a case for him being more important to Citeh than he will be to us. Yaya is off and as I say Fernandinho is getting on good as he is (he fell off a cliff 2nd half against us at their ground), Silva isnt getting any younger although different player and De Bruyne can't play every game, and that pretty much is their midfield.

We have Hendo, Gini, Milner, Naby, Lallana, Ox and proabably one more in the summer
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2175: Apr 18, 2018 03:47:42 pm
      What respect I had for him would be gone...I've given Emre the benefit of doubt and expected him to put pen to paper after seeing the direction we are heading under Klopp..oh well.

I remember saying, part jokingly but part cynically, that his performance against Man City back in January was probably him trying to put himself on Guardiola's shopping list for the summer.

I'd still be surprised to see him end up at Man City but quite frankly I think the time has passed for him to remain at this club and if I were Klopp I'd close the door firmly and tell him he won't be at Liverpool beyond the summer. At this stage of the season, I think there's a hint of disrespect and more than a bit of 'taking the piss' when he's stringing us along like this. If he's more concerned with playing the wages game as opposed to knuckling down. He's had his bright moments at this club but it's a bit of an insult him wanting 200k. If that is true then he's getting into Pogba levels of delusion there.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2176: Apr 18, 2018 03:50:42 pm
      Fan of Can, but it's like us buying Benteke or C.Adam... it just doesn't make sense for him to go to City unless it's financial.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #2177: Apr 18, 2018 04:11:25 pm
      Fan of Can, but it's like us buying Benteke or C.Adam... it just doesn't make sense for him to go to City unless it's financial.

Why?
      If he is mobile and technical enough to play week in week out for us he can play for Citeh
      Kopite78
      Reply #2178: Apr 18, 2018 04:14:16 pm
      Reliable mate?

I’m just a bit meh about Emre tbh.........too inconsistent and not a baby anymore.

I am fed up players thinking they’re bigger than LFC though......

It's hard to tell mate.. I wouldn't profess to be an itk 😂

Just a mate who'd no reason to lie told me that he's brought a new house in Cheshire which he's extending and renovating and that he was staying in England

It's not like he'd need it for his retirement pot and it's a travel to Turin on a daily basis.

Different mate said didn't I find it funny that he hardly put anything on social media post the city quarter final congratulating the lads (I'm not on Twitter or instagram  or anything so I didnt)
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2179: Apr 18, 2018 04:45:34 pm

Why?
      If he is mobile and technical enough to play week in week out for us he can play for Citeh

Well, if you think he is a Guardiola type player, not a lot I can say ;D, but I  associate his midfield and forwards as technically strong, composed in tight spaces and agile. Out of all our midfielders we have, Wijnaldum would be perfectly suited for him.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2180: Apr 18, 2018 04:47:29 pm

Just a mate who'd no reason to lie told me that he's brought a new house in Cheshire which he's extending and renovating and that he was staying in England

It's not like he'd need it for his retirement pot and it's a travel to Turin on a daily basis.

Different mate said didn't I find it funny that he hardly put anything on social media post the city quarter final congratulating the lads (I'm not on Twitter or instagram  or anything so I didnt)

Damn, or maybe... just maybe he will look to extend his contract with us :D
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #2181: Apr 18, 2018 06:52:04 pm
      Well, if you think he is a Guardiola type player, not a lot I can say ;D, but I  associate his midfield and forwards as technically strong, composed in tight spaces and agile. Out of all our midfielders we have, Wijnaldum would be perfectly suited for him.
      Maybe it’s just me but ‘composed’ and ‘Wijnaldum’ don’t belong in the same sentence.

Not that they were but you catch my drift.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #2182: Apr 18, 2018 08:06:36 pm

Hmmm......interesting.

In fairness his twitter is so inactive it’s not even got the official blue tick and he’s only ever tweeted 52 times so the latter may not be as tevealing as it sounds........
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6695 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2183: Apr 19, 2018 01:24:35 am
      Just look at the quality at the £200k price point. Even at sub £200k.

Sanchez £350k
      Pogba £290k
      Lukaku £250k
      Aguero £220k
      Yaya £220k
      Ibra £220k
      De Bruyne £200k
      De Gea £200k
      Hazard £200k
      Coutinho £180k
      Lacazette £170k

Look at the quality on that list and the glaring omission is Salah. How could Emre expect to get more then what Mo is on? It's just not happening.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2184: Apr 19, 2018 03:22:14 am
      Don't have a problem with him leaving or wishing him well...he played out his contract, did not whine and no hint of causing any disruption (unlike coutinho); he played hard and worked for the team.

Quick Reply