Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Emre Can (Liverpool > Juventus)

Read 284618 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Emre Can Player Thread
      Reply #276: Oct 17, 2014 10:46:49 am
      Very good.

So... if you had to actually answer the question, instead of Harry, where would you play him baz; alongside Jordan or somewhere else?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #277: Oct 17, 2014 10:51:25 am
                      Can
           Hendo
                          Gerrard

Would work for me.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #278: Oct 17, 2014 10:52:17 am
      Very good. So... if you had to actually answer the question, instead of Harry, where would you play him; alongside Jordan or somewhere else, baz?

What I like about Can is how versatile he looks. He seems to have a good skill set for his age and is both physically imposing and technically strong so he can play anywhere in a midfield three. I would play him next to Jordan in the centre of a diamond with Stevie sitting behind and Raheem at the top. But we can change the diamond during the game as Stevie and Can can swap positions. There is an argument of coarse for Allen to play next to Jordan. But I really want to see more of Emre.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #279: Oct 17, 2014 11:04:27 am
                      Can
           Hendo
                          Gerrard

Would work for me.

I would play him next to Jordan in the centre of a diamond with Stevie sitting behind and Raheem at the top. But we can change the diamond during the game as Stevie and Can can swap positions...

... But I really want to see more of Emre.

Fair enough lads but that then leaves you/us with the 'dilemma' of where we start the other new signings. Where do Markovic or Lallana fit, as starters, (if at all)? Do we also drop Coutinho from the starting line-up?

See that's one of the issues with the [midfield] signings we made - they can't all start unless... they play instead of what we have.

It's a toughy alright - thank F**k I'm not Brendan.    ;D
      « Last Edit: Oct 17, 2014 11:18:05 am by bad boy bubby »
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #280: Oct 17, 2014 11:19:53 am
      Fair enough mate but that then leaves you/us with the 'dilemma' of where we start the other new signings. Where do Markovic or Lallana fit, as starters, (if at all)? Do we also drop Coutinho from the starting line-up?

See that's one of the issues with the [midfield] signings we made - they can't all start unless... they play instead of what we have.

It's a toughy alright - thank f**k I'm not Brendan.    ;D

Actually I forgot about Lallana. He definitely starts I would rest Raheem for a few games and start Lallana at the front of the diamond. Amazing how light we looked in midfield last few weeks and suddenly we are spoilt for choice! Much better complaint  ;D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #281: Oct 17, 2014 11:22:16 am
      Fair enough lads but that then leaves you/us with the 'dilemma' of where we start the other new signings. Where do Markovic or Lallana fit, as starters, (if at all)? Do we also drop Coutinho from the starting line-up?

It's a toughy alright - thank F**k I'm not Brendan.    ;D

Squad options.
      None of us are used to this dilemma.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #282: Oct 17, 2014 11:57:02 am
      Actually I forgot about Lallana. He definitely starts I would rest Raheem for a few games and start Lallana at the front of the diamond.
      So we start Can and Lallana - leaves us Sterling, Coutinho and Markovic on the bench.

Definitely a new look first XI there baz. I'd never have thought Can and Lallana would have replaced Sterling & Coutinho as starters but there you go... whatever's best for the team.

Squad options.
      None of us are used to this dilemma.

Indeed buddy and it shows.  ;D

« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2014 12:18:35 pm by bad boy bubby »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #283: Oct 17, 2014 12:24:00 pm

Can
                  Hendo
                             Gerrard
         Lallana                     Sterling
                       Sturridge

Harsh on Allen and Coutinho?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #284: Oct 17, 2014 12:34:29 pm

Can
                  Hendo
                             Gerrard
                       Sturridge

Not harsh on Allen, in my opinion [I saw Lallana as a definite starter, in front of Allen anyhow] and it's definitely another 'option' - again, I'm not sure how long-term it would be. If I had to start Emre, right now, it would be like this...

Gerrard

Henderson                           Can

Lallana

Sterling      Sturridge

But then... that would mean that there's no place, in our first XI, for our new signings - Balotelli, Markovic (and Origi) who would, then, obviously take their place in the squad.   
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #285: Oct 17, 2014 12:35:50 pm

Can
                  Hendo
                             Gerrard
                       Sturridge

Given Coutinho's form this season its not harsh on him at all IMO, hardly covered himself in glory like.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #286: Oct 17, 2014 12:42:25 pm
      Given Coutinho's form this season its not harsh on him at all IMO, hardly covered himself in glory like.
      He's had no one and I do mean no one, playing in front of him (off the shoulder of defenders) to pass to but that's for another thread where folk, with football nous, can discuss it, I suppose.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #287: Oct 17, 2014 12:46:34 pm
      So we start Can and Lallana - leaves us Sterling, Coutinho and Markovic on the bench.

Definitely a new look first XI there baz. I'd never have thought Can and Lallana would have replaced Sterling & Coutinho as starters but there you go... whatever's best for the team.
      Indeed buddy and it shows.  ;D

Well I think Sterling and Coutinho have been poor this season. Markovic hasn't turned up yet, might take a season. So yes I would start Can and Lallana ahead of them for a few games using Raheem and Cou as impact subs until their form improves.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #288: Oct 17, 2014 01:03:38 pm
      Well I think Sterling and Coutinho have been poor this season
      See post above.

So yes I would start Can and Lallana ahead of them for a few games using Raheem and Cou as impact subs until their form improves.
      No problem; maybe their presence [and Danny's return] would indeed create movement up front.

Then again, maybe Danny's return will see Sterling and Couts flourish, with someone to play to and off.  ;)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #289: Oct 17, 2014 02:08:53 pm
      Actually I forgot about Lallana. He definitely starts I would rest Raheem for a few games and start Lallana at the front of the diamond. Amazing how light we looked in midfield last few weeks and suddenly we are spoilt for choice! Much better complaint  ;D

From a purely PR point of view we should rest Raheem for this game, or at least just use him as a sub.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #290: Oct 17, 2014 02:37:27 pm
      From a purely PR point of view we should rest Raheem for this game, or at least just use him as a sub.

What PR problem? Raheem got his rest, I'm sure the game was on Sunday 7 days ago by the time the QPR game is played.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #291: Oct 17, 2014 03:27:41 pm
      Not harsh on Allen, in my opinion [I saw Lallana as a definite starter, in front of Allen anyhow] and it's definitely another 'option' - again, I'm not sure how long-term it would be. If I had to start Emre, right now, it would be like this...

Gerrard

Henderson                           Can

Lallana

Sterling      Sturridge

But then... that would mean that there's no place, in our first XI, for our new signings - Balotelli, Markovic (and Origi) who would, then, obviously take their place in the squad.   

I liked how we looked when Gerrard moved further up the pitch,
      although I'm not sure how much of that was to ensure Balotelli stayed high up the pitch.
      Can or Hendo could equally do that job, so I've no issue with that being an interchanging 3.

Would be great to have the options to have Coutinho linking up with Sturridge and Sterling
      and if it wasn't working bring Can in.

I think Lallana has probably played his way into being a starter at this stage.
      If he's fit I'd start Can, but then we don't get paid the big bucks.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #292: Oct 17, 2014 07:28:29 pm
      Where would you see Emre play as a starter Harry; instead of Jordan; alongside him in a diamond or somewhere else?

If all of our CM's are fit (Gerrard, Lucas, Allen, Can, Hendo, Lallana, and Coutinho) then it will depend on who is in form at the moment. However, I have to say I really like the thought of Stevie playing as the quarterback with the energy and athleticism of Can and Hendo on either side of him. On paper this just has the look of a midfield that could really boss a game with both technical ability and brute force!!
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #293: Oct 17, 2014 07:43:17 pm
      He's had no one and I do mean no one, playing in front of him (off the shoulder of defenders) to pass to but that's for another thread where folk, with football nous, can discuss it, I suppose.

This is a good point (regarding Coutinho). He has played some of the most delightful through balls in the last 12 months -- a beautiful ball over the top that led to a Sturridge chip, and another sexy little cushioned ball around the corner for Danny in the preseason game against Dortmund both spring to mind. He does seem to require a player who can stretch the field and threaten in behind for him to really flourish.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #294: Oct 17, 2014 11:18:22 pm
      If all of our CM's are fit (Gerrard, Lucas, Allen, Can, Hendo, Lallana, and Coutinho) then it will depend on who is in form at the moment. However, I have to say I really like the thought of Stevie playing as the quarterback with the energy and athleticism of Can and Hendo on either side of him. On paper this just has the look of a midfield that could really boss a game with both technical ability and brute force!!

Gerrard

Hendo    Can

Sterling  Sturridge  Lallana
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #295: Nov 04, 2014 10:15:34 pm
      This kid is boss. Can played very well tonight.

Thing is, too, he's only going to get better.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #296: Nov 04, 2014 10:23:21 pm
      This kid is boss. Can played very well tonight.

Thing is, too, he's only going to get better.

I agree. Though 1 negative about him is his composure and passing. He really needs to work on it, and if he does, I can see him becoming a beast of a player!
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #297: Nov 05, 2014 12:32:22 am
      Has to start against Chelsea with Henderson.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #298: Nov 05, 2014 02:32:36 am
      We really need to start prioritising with this man starting our games from now on.

Quick Reply