Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Emre Can (Liverpool > Juventus)

Read 284950 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Re: Emre Can Player Thread
      Reply #1058: Feb 14, 2016 07:25:38 pm
      Has had a bit of stick recently but that was more like the Can we know he can be.

That goal is what has been missing from our midfield all season, the way he got up so quickly after being fouled and unleashed the shot, didnt think he could move that quickly  :P
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1059: Feb 14, 2016 07:42:19 pm
      Has had a bit of stick recently but that was more like the Can we know he can be.

That goal is what has been missing from our midfield all season, the way he got up so quickly after being fouled and unleashed the shot, didnt think he could move that quickly  :P

He is quite quick WHEN he has the ball, surprisingly so BUT you don't often see the same burst and determination off of the ball. Took his goal well today and had a good solid game for the full 90. Has all the physical attributes to be a top player but needs to add goals to his game like the one we saw today. Another player who benefited from the movement of Sturridge (and the knock-on effect this had on the overall movement of the team)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1060: Feb 14, 2016 08:31:09 pm
      I think he was much more disciplined today same with Henderson and Milner. there role was simple stop Villa getting to our back four and give it to Daniel, Roberto or Phillipe. we scored 6 we conceded ZERO no real need to over analyse anyone. He played well scored a goal it was a good day for him
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #1061: Feb 14, 2016 09:32:05 pm
      He was excellent today. His best performance in a few games. Good to see him score a goal, hopefully it'll improve his confidence for the Augsburg games and the City game.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6389 
      Reply #1062: Feb 15, 2016 12:56:15 am
      I have given him a ton of stick as of late, loved his performance today, that's the Can we should always get. Play near to that and I've got no issues with his name on the team sheet.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1063: Feb 15, 2016 01:01:59 am
      Can's goal was probably the best we scored against Villa. Starts with effective pressing and ends with a top strike from outside the box.
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #1064: Feb 15, 2016 11:42:45 am
      Can's goal was probably the best we scored against Villa. Starts with effective pressing and ends with a top strike from outside the box.

Nah. Kolo's was the best.  ;D ;D ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1065: Feb 15, 2016 01:37:31 pm
      it was a great goal and he showed great desire to get back up and drive forward. I thought he was very disciplined today its hard to pick apart individual performance when you win 6=0 away .
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1066: Feb 15, 2016 07:00:28 pm

We got lucky though, there was an absolute piss poor first time pass attempted by Milner but as you say, he pressed well and it was a good strike.
      craigsmith1995
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts |
      Reply #1067: Feb 17, 2016 12:49:12 pm
      I like Emre, just needs time. Young player, huge potential and he will only get better.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #1068: Feb 18, 2016 03:18:36 am
      I have given him a ton of stick as of late, loved his performance today, that's the Can we should always get. Play near to that and I've got no issues with his name on the team sheet.

We should always get that Can? Those are ridiculously high standards and you're setting yourself up for disappointment. No midfielder in the league performs like that always. No 22 year old performs like that always. He's still a young player. If he was playing like that always he'd be in Munich, Barcelona, or Madrid.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6389 
      Reply #1069: Feb 18, 2016 03:23:16 am
      We should always get that Can? Those are ridiculously high standards and you're setting yourself up for disappointment. No midfielder in the league performs like that always. No 22 year old performs like that always. He's still a young player. If he was playing like that always he'd be in Munich, Barcelona, or Madrid.

So a 7/10 performance every game is exceptional? No, that's the minimum we need from him. I don't give a flock about his age. So tired of people using that as an excuse. A player plays or they don't. If they don't play well then put them on the bench, I don't care how old they are.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #1070: Feb 18, 2016 03:35:21 am
      So a 7/10 performance every game is exceptional? No, that's the minimum we need from him. I don't give a flock about his age. So tired of people using that as an excuse. A player plays or they don't. If they don't play well then put them on the bench, I don't care how old they are.

That performance was better than a 7/10, solid but unexceptional performance. Again, seasoned professionals throughout the league aren't putting in 7/10 performances every game so to expect a 22 year old to is ridiculous. Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Matic, Fabregas, Coquelin, Cazorla, Henderson, Herrera, Toure, Fernandinho, Dier, etc. aren't putting in 7/10 or better performances EVERY SINGLE GAME. It's not an excuse either. It's a fact. Young players are more likely to be inconsistent. Eventually you hope to reap the rewards of letting a player develop. A player plays or they don't - yep, thanks for pointing that out to me, I was totally unaware of that. If you're never going to be patient with a young player and allow for them to make mistakes and learn, then we'll never develop as a football club and we'll never do anything. We can't compete for the best players in the world so we have to allow players to develop.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6389 
      Reply #1071: Feb 18, 2016 03:46:06 am
      That performance was better than a 7/10, solid but unexceptional performance. Again, seasoned professionals throughout the league aren't putting in 7/10 performances every game so to expect a 22 year old to is ridiculous. Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Matic, Fabregas, Coquelin, Cazorla, Henderson, Herrera, Toure, Fernandinho, Dier, etc. aren't putting in 7/10 or better performances EVERY SINGLE GAME. It's not an excuse either. It's a fact. Young players are more likely to be inconsistent. Eventually you hope to reap the rewards of letting a player develop. A player plays or they don't - yep, thanks for pointing that out to me, I was totally unaware of that. If you're never going to be patient with a young player and allow for them to make mistakes and learn, then we'll never develop as a football club and we'll never do anything. We can't compete for the best players in the world so we have to allow players to develop.
      Keep making excuses pal, so much inconsistency in your post I don't know where to start.....so....I won't. Have a good one.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #1072: Feb 18, 2016 03:56:57 am
      Keep making excuses pal, so much inconsistency in your post I don't know where to start.....so....I won't. Have a good one.

No, please, go on and tell me where I've been inconsistent in my post.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1073: Feb 18, 2016 02:41:53 pm
      I think he looked like his old self in with the creative players around him he can concentrate on smashing people and driving the team forward. I do think his legs are adjusting to playing so many games but that will come and each season his body will condition to it so next season he will be our Dembele style player. someone good in a tackle but can also get you 4,5 goals a season big things expected from this fella
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1074: Mar 03, 2016 01:14:12 am
      Can gave a display tonight that suggested he could actually develop into that position, it really was imperious.

3rd most in the league this season.

StatsAndSwearwords ‏@SimonBrundish  3h3 hours ago
      Emre Can 7/9 tackles, 16 ball recoveries, 52/65 passes all highest in the game, 2/2 take ons, 4 int, a chance created too

Apparently has also played the most minutes for a player of his age too.

Just needs to do this consistently.

I too thought he was very good tonight! Be interesting to see how he would do with a DLPM next to him.
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #1075: Mar 03, 2016 02:44:09 pm
      I think he has done well since that Villa game, the first 20 minutes in the cup final were iffy but other than that he has been playing very well for about a month now. Keep this form up and that's one less headache in the midfield.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1076: Mar 03, 2016 04:12:34 pm
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1077: Mar 06, 2016 08:52:03 pm
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #1078: Mar 06, 2016 08:59:11 pm
      Is it just me or is Can looking fitter and faster each game?

He looks a different player from the sluggish Can we witnessed earlier in the season.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1079: Mar 10, 2016 11:44:38 pm
      Another really mature performance, you can see why Klopp has perservered with him he will be our DM and  captain in waiting in the future.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #1080: Mar 11, 2016 03:05:00 am
      Another example of why it's ludicrous to write off a young player. Incredible performance from him.

Quick Reply