Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Emre Can (Liverpool > Juventus)

Read 284980 times
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Re: Emre Can Player Thread
      Reply #1081: Mar 11, 2016 02:53:20 pm
      Fair play to Can for playing down the elbow to the face by that c**t. I bet he actually wants him to play next thursday, so he can embarrass him again ! Well in lad.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1082: Mar 17, 2016 10:47:26 pm
      Top performance he ran the midfield and dealt with Fellaini comfortably.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1083: Mar 17, 2016 10:54:34 pm
      I think this lad has improved tremendously under Jürgen has have lots of players but he was excellent tonight
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #1084: Mar 17, 2016 11:05:06 pm
      Not too bad, he was certainly better in the second half than the first...struggled to find his legs in the first half. Glad he finished strong.
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #1085: Mar 17, 2016 11:08:45 pm
      There was a moment in the 64th minute when Can completely lost it on Milner for not closing down Mata. Need to see more of that from him ! He has been great ever since that goal against Villa. Keep going mate !
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1086: Mar 17, 2016 11:14:19 pm
      Another example of why it's ludicrous to write off a young player. Incredible performance from him.

Come on please don't say you are referring to Moreno again with this comment!? No one wrote Can off, I think it has been universally agreed by most if not all Reds that the lad has talent.  My questions have always been around his fitness, his mobility, his weight and his attitude/workrate from a defensive point of view. However, he has been playing really well of late and no doubt he is working harder and looking fitter/sharper in the process.

Another fine game tonight, particularly in the 2nd half.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1087: Mar 17, 2016 11:17:17 pm
      He really is starting to make that midfield role his own, but still lots of work to be done, especially in his passing and awareness. I think we'll see the best in Can next to a DLPM imo.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,924 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1088: Mar 17, 2016 11:39:48 pm
      What a great young prospect, i know we hate the thought of having players with just potential but this lad is something else. For me, what will seperate him from most of our "potential" signings is his desire and passion that we see on the field. He has the passion of lets say Flanagan with the ability of an top world class player to be, for me he will go far.

I, like many others see his future in an deep lying midfield position, where he sits back and carefully chooses his moments to break forward because he has become a boss at recovering the ball and at the same time when he gets going in the other direction he is a force to be reckoned with.

Seems a real leader to me too, may see him captain one day.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #1089: Mar 18, 2016 01:28:39 am
      Come on please don't say you are referring to Moreno again with this comment!? No one wrote Can off, I think it has been universally agreed by most if not all Reds that the lad has talent.  My questions have always been around his fitness, his mobility, his weight and his attitude/workrate from a defensive point of view. However, he has been playing really well of late and no doubt he is working harder and looking fitter/sharper in the process.

Another fine game tonight, particularly in the 2nd half.

I'm not referring to any single player. I'm referring to a number of players. People have been in the Origi thread comparing him to N'gog, Moreno has been taking all sorts of abuse, Can, Ibe, and the list goes on.

No one has written him off? Really? From the last page alone...

I've been waiting and waiting for this fella to produce something of note, he's been given a good run of games now and from watching him, I'll stick my neck on the line and say, he's going to be another false dawn - he won't be that top quality midfielder we've so sorely missed.

Squad player at best.

Lots if talent and ability, but unfortunately he doesn't seem a natural footballer.  He's got more of an American football players build, which sadly doesn't translate well to real footie.....

If I were Jürgen, I'd spend the next year or so trying to convert him into a CB.  He has the natural gifts (height, power, athleticism, and a bit of pace) to play the position.  He just needs to learn how to read the game and properly position himself in this role.  He'll  never be a top CM, so this seems the best route to me.....

Absolutely terrible today. I'm starting to think he will never make it.

Appears to have little or no footballing intelligence.
      Just wish he could do one thing really well. Just one.
      If he was a brilliant tackler, great play as the one defensive midfielder.
      If he had a great engine and speed, brilliant play him as a box to box.
      A great passer with vision? Excellent center midfield is his role.
      But he isn't any of these.
      An utterly infuriating and once again hugely over rated and unreliable player who many, once again like many other players in the squad, believe will develop into a top player.
      He won't.
      How many more players do we have to sign and over hype until we realize the depressing trend.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1090: Mar 18, 2016 01:51:19 pm
      Thought Emre did his defensive duties very well last night. One of the things I really like about Can is that he's always moving, especially when we're about to go on a counter. A lot of the time, you'll see him just booking it past the other midfielders :laugh:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1091: Mar 20, 2016 09:01:23 pm
      Another good performance from young Emre, I thought he was our best player and didn't deserve to be on the losing side.
      Only a matter of time before Klopp makes him Captain, he was the only one trying to get the players heads up after we went behind.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1092: Mar 20, 2016 09:02:58 pm
      Another good performance from young Emre, I thought he was our best player and didn't deserve to be on the losing side.
      Only a matter of time before Klopp makes him Captain, he was the only one trying to get the players heads up after we went behind.

A player Klopp will be looking to build the midfield around IMO.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #1093: Mar 20, 2016 09:13:03 pm
      He's been brilliant as of late. If he keeps up his current level of performance, it won't be too long until we're talking about him as the best in the league. His problems have always been consistency and decision-making. His technique and ability have never been in doubt.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1094: Mar 20, 2016 09:13:56 pm
      His problems have always been consistency and decision-making.

Which wasn't helped by playing a different position/role every 45mins of football
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1095: Mar 20, 2016 10:19:49 pm
      A player Klopp will be looking to build the midfield around IMO.

Not for me, would rather we buy a DLPM and build around that player. Don't think Can will ever be a DLPM or a DM in the mould of Alonso or Busquets, I see him more of a secondary midfielder along side the main one.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #1096: Mar 21, 2016 12:00:52 am
      He's picked up his performances, which is good to see, some people making him out to be messiah need to stop sniffing glue. He's doing much better, trending up, may it continue and he has the potential to be a very good player for us.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1097: Mar 26, 2016 07:16:00 pm
      Starting tonight against England.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #1098: Mar 27, 2016 10:35:18 pm
      cant say i'm overly impressed with him.

however i do like it that he seems to try and has a good engine on him, just wonder about his decision making, final ball and ability in the final third.

his tackling needs improving too
      GMM
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      Reply #1099: Apr 01, 2016 06:25:14 am
      Is this a joke???

http://www.turkish-football.com/liverpool-star-emre-can-retires-from-football-to-pursue-modelling-career/

There is no content on www.turkish-football.com that indicates it being a parody or something funny... and they are the only ones reporting... wth
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1100: Apr 01, 2016 06:27:03 am
      Is this a joke???

http://www.turkish-football.com/liverpool-star-emre-can-retires-from-football-to-pursue-modelling-career/

There is no content on www.turkish-football.com that indicates it being a parody or something funny... and they are the only ones reporting... wth

April fools on you sir.
      GMM
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      Reply #1101: Apr 01, 2016 06:30:03 am

OH WTH... the date totally slipped my mind...   ??? ??? ???
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1102: Apr 01, 2016 07:51:10 am
      Is this a joke???

:lmao:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1103: Apr 01, 2016 09:47:37 am
      OH WTH... the date totally slipped my mind...   ??? ??? ???

Brilliant haha!

Quick Reply