Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Emre Can (Liverpool > Juventus)

Read 281990 times
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Re: Emre Can Player Thread
      Reply #1541: Mar 27, 2017 12:20:41 pm
      He's f***in sh*te . Hope i made that clear. What is it with fans who rate f**king sh*t players ? He's slow , cumbersome , lacking positional sense and an all round poor Footballer.
      Just watch him play. He's sh*te. Not suddenly going to turn into a worldbeater , and thats what i want playing in our midfield. Not some f**king inconsistent lightweight.

Slow and cumbersome? I'll have some of what you're smoking please..

He's rapid and for his size is actually quite agile.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1542: Mar 27, 2017 01:07:36 pm
      He's f***in sh*te . Hope i made that clear. What is it with fans who rate f**king sh*t players ? He's slow , cumbersome , lacking positional sense and an all round poor Footballer.
      Just watch him play. He's sh*te. Not suddenly going to turn into a worldbeater , and thats what i want playing in our midfield. Not some f**king inconsistent lightweight.

Emre likes this word.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1543: Mar 27, 2017 01:20:54 pm
      Slow and cumbersome? I'll have some of what you're smoking please..

He's rapid and for his size is actually quite agile.

Rapid? Mane is rapid...
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1544: Mar 27, 2017 01:26:02 pm

To be fair to Munch he did say "for his size" and personally I've always thought Emre had a high top speed. The problem in the past was that it just took him a while to get there, the first few yards I would have said were cumbersome and his turning circle was comparable to an oil tanker.

That wasn't the case against City though, he looked to me like his acceleration had gone up a few notches and his agility also looked considerably higher than in recent times. I put this down to the slimmer frame he seemed to be carrying and of course some of it could be to do with the calf injury healing up. It also wasn't just against Toure where he looked this quick, it was in recovery and in ball carrying, a much improved display that I want to see so much more of because for the first time in a long time I saw the Emre that could fill that role in the team for many years to come.

Now he has to do this consistently and not just in one game before we go overboard (putting this in because someone will no doubt reply with it otherwise) but I was massively impressed with his performance.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1545: Mar 27, 2017 01:30:39 pm
      To be fair to Munch he did say "for his size" and personally I've always thought Emre had a high top speed. The problem in the past was that it just took him a while to get there, the first few yards I would have said were cumbersome and his turning circle was comparable to an oil tanker.

That wasn't the case against City though, he looked to me like his acceleration had gone up a few notches and his agility also looked considerably higher than in recent times. I put this down to the slimmer frame he seemed to be carrying and of course some of it could be to do with the calf injury healing up. It also wasn't just against Toure where he looked this quick, it was in recovery and in ball carrying, a much improved display that I want to see so much more of because for the first time in a long time I saw the Emre that could fill that role in the team for many years to come.

Now he has to do this consistently and not just in one game before we go overboard (putting this in because someone will no doubt reply with it otherwise) but I was massively impressed with his performance.

Amazing what a decent run of games does for a players match fitness and sharpness.
      Now he needs to do it consistently.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #1546: Mar 27, 2017 02:18:34 pm

I'd say other than the obvious speed demons in our team i'm confident in saying Can is one of our fastest players, Watch him when he picks it up on the edge of the box and knocks it past the full back to the by line or when he's tracking back.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1547: Mar 27, 2017 03:03:09 pm

He mentioned his size in relation to how agile he was.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #1548: Mar 28, 2017 02:24:09 am
      At this moment of time I am assuming that we will be playing champions league next season.  We need to add to our squad not reduce the squad.  Emre has been OK.  He is still young he has only played just over a season in midfield.  He played in defense and did a job. 
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1549: Mar 28, 2017 09:13:35 am
      Quite a bit of bet hedging going on... just in case Jürgen goes with a new, enhanced contract, for the lad, you know. 😉

Whodda thunk it? 😁
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1550: Mar 28, 2017 02:45:52 pm
      Is Henderson fit again and if so does he come straight back in replacing Can? Based on the last match I would say no.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1551: Mar 28, 2017 03:01:05 pm
      Is Henderson fit again and if so does he come straight back in replacing Can? Based on the last match I would say no.

But based on the previous 30 matches I would say yes.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1552: Mar 30, 2017 08:34:37 pm
      A week is a long time in politics ?
      Me arse. A fortnight is a long time in footy.
      Delighted for Emre, just hope he can continue his improvement and stamp himself on the midfield at the weekend.
      Without Lallana's energy, really need his.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1553: Apr 02, 2017 09:04:58 am
      Emre is proving me wrong and I couldn't  be more happy.

Keep it up big fella!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1554: Apr 02, 2017 10:30:52 am

He clearly does. Liverpool are a better team with Henderson in it. We win more points, we score more goals and we concede less goals. Now does that mean Can loses his place? Not yet saying Lallana is still out.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1555: Apr 02, 2017 10:40:40 am
      Thought he was excellent yesterday. Lets hope that his good run of form continues.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1556: Apr 02, 2017 10:59:47 am
      Ballsy performance from Emre that.

Well played son!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1557: Apr 02, 2017 12:01:44 pm
      I'd say bar being a dozy b***ard off corners and free kicks yesterday he was excellent. Keep up the good work Emre, there is certainly something there, but at this stage it is still difficult to figure out exactly what it is.

Definitely a better player when he simplifies his game though, IMO.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1558: Apr 02, 2017 12:29:12 pm
      Looking fitter as well
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #1559: Apr 03, 2017 11:06:00 am

I thought that, looks a bit leaner (although I still think he looks like he is running in sand a lot of the time) and he has been playing with more tenacity and effort. Fairplay to Emre, he is stringing together some good games now (that must be 3-4 on the bounce) so long may it continue. I'm still a doubter but if he can keep this up until the end of the season i'll be for turning.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1560: Apr 03, 2017 09:35:04 pm
      I thought that, looks a bit leaner (although I still think he looks like he is running in sand a lot of the time) and he has been playing with more tenacity and effort. Fairplay to Emre, he is stringing together some good games now (that must be 3-4 on the bounce) so long may it continue. I'm still a doubter but if he can keep this up until the end of the season i'll be for turning.

Thought he looked to be off the kebabs also.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1561: Apr 04, 2017 09:20:26 pm
      TAW was mentioning that Can was going full on after Koeman and Jürgen almost let him do it...right at the last minute he grabbed Emre by the scruff and held him back.

Love it!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1562: Apr 05, 2017 02:30:42 pm
      Jürgen Klopp hopes to have Emre Can and Joel Matip available for tonight's game against Bournemouth.

Can and Matip sustained injuries during Liverpool's Merseyside derby victory over Everton on Saturday, but Klopp remains optimistic they will both be passed fit to face the Cherries at Anfield.

“Emre has kind of a full body bruise. Everywhere,” said the boss.

“We left him out [of training] on Monday because he had back pain, knee pain. Nothing serious, thank God. Really, he has knocks everywhere. I hope he will be fit.

“Joel had a little bit of a back problem or two. He saw the doctor before training so we will see. He should be OK.”
      http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/259313-boss-hopeful-on-fitness-of-emre-can-and-joel-matip

Haven't come across that one before  :laugh:
      Not surprising he's sore though, given some of the dirt everton dished out.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1563: Apr 08, 2017 09:57:02 pm
      Can deserves a bump!

Since Hendo got injured, he has really stood up to be counted. What is it, 4 games in a row he has shown his worth? I have been really impressed with his CM performances!

Quick Reply