Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Emre Can (Liverpool > Juventus)

Read 284395 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Re: Emre Can Player Thread
      Reply #1702: Sep 04, 2017 01:58:03 pm
      I had already got that vibe off you about him!

However, it's a shocking state of affairs if we're letting a young central midfielder go to Juventus for nothing.  Something has gone badly wrong there with LFC's assessment of the situation.

Smacks of false economies.
      The lad oozes potential and for comparison's sake imagine acting in the same manner with a young Steven Gerrard in the day!

While finance overrides all else the 'selling club' suggestion will be heard from our detractors, more importantly that state of affairs will prevent the club from achieving any enduring success.
      While that situation prevails is there any wonder players such as Can will consider moving on?

« Last Edit: Sep 04, 2017 02:21:53 pm by stuey »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1703: Sep 04, 2017 02:33:32 pm
      Smacks of false economies.
      The lad oozes potential and for comparison's sake imagine acting in the same manner with a young Steven Gerrard in the day!

While finance overrides all else the 'selling club' suggestion will be heard from our detractors, more importantly that state of affairs will prevent the club from achieving any enduring success.
      While that situation prevails is there any wonder players such as Can will consider moving on?

Selling club, please expand on that one, I'm intrigued how you are defining a selling club these days? I guess Can must be pissed off that we sold Coutinho, oh hang on we didn't, ah maybe he's pissed off we sold Mane, oh he's still here as well, well surely Firminio was sold then, nope. Ah its Lucas and Sakho, yes that's what makes us a selling club, getting rid of a misfit and a player who is on the decline!!!
      In seriousness if a player is not excited about the direction of travel of this club, including the prospect of getting Keita plus VVD and Lemar into the team in the near future then he really should just F**k off
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1704: Sep 04, 2017 03:03:26 pm
      I had already got that vibe off you about him!

However, it's a shocking state of affairs if we're letting a young central midfielder go to Juventus for nothing.  Something has gone badly wrong there with LFC's assessment of the situation.

I have to think Klopp still believes he can sign him. It's true that Keita plays the same position, but Can and Keita can both move around in the midfield, and if we're playing in the CL going forward, there's enough opportunity for everybody.

I agree that if we just  let him walk it would be bad business for us.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1705: Sep 04, 2017 04:55:42 pm
      Arsenal have plenty of free transfers available next summer, they should be after Corzola, Sanchez and Ozil in a tripple free transfer swoop.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #1706: Sep 05, 2017 08:58:56 am
      Keeeping Emre at Liverpool should be top of our list of things to do. He will become a top player and letting him go for nothing next year would be criminal. If its a question of money then pay him what he wants. Im sure we can offer bigger wages then Juve. I would hate to see him leave.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #1707: Sep 05, 2017 09:36:21 am
      United and Chelsea in the mix now
      Kopite78
      Reply #1708: Sep 05, 2017 09:57:13 am
      I dont think it's money with Emre. It's playing time, he's spoken about it numerous times.

With what we have there and Kieta coming in he probably isn't sure about signing for 5 years without thinking he's integral.

Essentially it's a club f**k  up.  If we had put a deal down for him last summer or further back he'd have signed no doubt and likely far less cash than it would take now

He started being played at cb which he didn't want, he's getting games in cm but doesn't feel secure.
      People talk about Coutinho coming straight back in... that'll help with this.

For me I want him to stay because it's utter false economies letting him go for free. I believe there are players out there who can replace him of course but that will cost us 50m+
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #1709: Sep 05, 2017 02:59:53 pm
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1710: Sep 05, 2017 03:02:32 pm
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #1711: Sep 05, 2017 03:25:55 pm
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1712: Sep 05, 2017 07:05:55 pm
      Think we've really messed up on this one. He's a player whos really improving rapidly.

Would really hate to see his peak year at Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge and we are in no position to dictate what he does with the contract situation.

Does anybody really know why he's not signing a contract? Is he being greedy or...?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1713: Sep 05, 2017 07:07:59 pm
      Think we've really messed up on this one. He's a player whos really improving rapidly.

Would really hate to see his peak year at Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge and we are in no position to dictate what he does with the contract situation.

Does anybody really know why he's not signing a contract? Is he being greedy or...?

Don't think a contract has been signed because we won't offer him what he wants.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1714: Sep 05, 2017 07:08:42 pm

Absolutely! He demanded 100k a week and said it is not about money. He said he wants more first team appearances too.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1715: Sep 05, 2017 07:09:24 pm
      Don't think a contract has been signed because we won't offer him what he wants.

Well, if Ox is on 120k....
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1716: Sep 05, 2017 07:11:08 pm
      Absolutely! He demanded 100k a week and said it is not about money. He said he didn't get enough games, total bollocks.

100k a week? Christ he could earn more than that elsewhere. No need to let a player like Can go for free over that.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1717: Sep 05, 2017 07:11:13 pm
      Ox was a mistake signing. 40m signing fee and 120k a week over 5 years... what a joke. total 71m....
      Should have increased Can's wages and not loaned out Origi.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,988 posts | 238 
      Reply #1718: Sep 05, 2017 07:15:11 pm
      Absolutely! He demanded 100k a week and said it is not about money. He said he wants more first team appearances too.

Can you provide a source, Ripa? I have searched everywhere for a credible source on why Can is not signing a contract and failed every time. The only credible voices I am getting on this topic are Can's and Klopp's quotes and I am not able to form a strong opinion based on those quotes.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1719: Sep 05, 2017 07:18:34 pm
      Can you provide a source, Ripa? I have searched everywhere for a credible source on why Can is not signing a contract and failed every time. The only credible voices I am getting on this topic are Can's and Klopp's quotes and I am not able to form a strong opinion based on those quotes.
      Negotiations broke down before Christmas but Can, who was the Reds’ match-winner against Burnley on Sunday, is adamant that wasn’t as a result of his £100,000 per week wage demands.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/emre-can-contract-stand-liverpool-12736601

He has demanded 100k a week and we have not offered it. This was back in March.
      You will have to give me a bit longer to dig the one up about appearances, I can't remember the source on that one.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,988 posts | 238 
      Reply #1720: Sep 05, 2017 07:25:10 pm
      Negotiations broke down before Christmas but Can, who was the Reds’ match-winner against Burnley on Sunday, is adamant that wasn’t as a result of his £100,000 per week wage demands.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/emre-can-contract-stand-liverpool-12736601

He has demanded 100k a week and we have not offered it. This was back in March.
      You will have to give me a bit longer to dig the one up about appearances, I can't remember the source on that one.

Thanks Ripa. I remember reading the second part of that interview. But, I couldn't find the first part. I think it is fair to say that when he was demanding 100k (all through 3/4ths of last year), he hardly had anything to show to back up his case.

Or, maybe he saw Lovren signing a contract for 100k and thought, "Feck, I will try my luck too." :D
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1721: Sep 05, 2017 07:30:13 pm
      Thanks Ripa. I remember reading the second part of that interview. But, I couldn't find the first part. I think it is fair to say that when he was demanding 100k (all through 3/4ths of last year), he hardly had anything to show to back up his case.

Or, maybe he saw Lovren signing a contract for 100k and thought, "Feck, I will try my luck too." :D
      Our wage structure is a mess. Mignolet is on 60k Karius 25k. Mignolet 50k and Karius 35k would make more sense.
      Origi 25k Sturridge 120k... I could go on but it needs sorting.
      Here are all the salaries incase you are interested.

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/liverpool-player-salaries/
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #1722: Sep 05, 2017 09:33:17 pm
      100k sounds like fair amount for him and it'll stupid to lose him for free just because we refused to pay him that. That being said there is probably more to it that just wages, hopefully all can be sorted because he is an important player and will get better.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #1723: Sep 05, 2017 09:40:47 pm
      He should be offered at least the same as Ox ffs.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1724: Sep 05, 2017 10:36:25 pm

Quick Reply