Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Emre Can (Liverpool > Juventus)

Read 281862 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Emre Can Player Thread
      Reply #1725: Sep 05, 2017 10:37:29 pm
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1726: Sep 05, 2017 10:48:17 pm
      Just stick £250 million release clause in his contract, job done.

Couthino's contract shows no release clause needed.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #1727: Sep 05, 2017 11:07:11 pm

Would be interesting to see the release clause number that Can's camp is proposing..
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #1728: Sep 06, 2017 12:15:30 am
      They better get a move on with this one. You know the cheapskate Italians swarm all over a free transfer and he'll be off to Juve if the club don't get it done soon. Give him a release clause if he wants one, I'm not sure we will ever have to fear a club like Madrid or Bayern coming in for him because I don't think he will ever quite get to that level. However, he has playing well and he had an excellent finish to last season so I would be sorry to see him go on a free.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1729: Sep 06, 2017 12:21:30 am
      They better get a move on with this one. You know the cheapskate Italians swarm all over a free transfer and he'll be off to Juve if the club don't get it done soon. Give him a release clause if he wants one, I'm not sure we will ever have to fear a club like Madrid or Bayern coming in for him because I don't think he will evauer quite get to that level. However, he has playing well and he had an excellent finish to last season so I would be sorry to see him go on a free.

Yap, we will get something, anything is better than he goes for free. Let him have the release clause.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #1730: Sep 06, 2017 01:05:52 am
      Yap, we will get something, anything is better than he goes for free. Let him have the release clause.

If he wants a release clause then he's not 100% comitted to the club and if he's not 100% comitted, then should we be bothering with him? I like this lad, I want him to sign but I do not want a situation were by Barcelona or Bayern Munich swoop in with the release money and take him. We don't need a transfer fee for him, Premier League clubs are swimming in money right now. If we're going to lose him next Summer it matters not to me whether or not we get money for him. It should not effect our ability to afford players under the new TV deal.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #1731: Sep 06, 2017 01:38:55 am
      I don't like the idea of him dictating a term we as a club are not comfortable with.  But we really need to have a contract sort out.  We have been developing him for a few years and he is only showing signs of a player in recent months.  We will be massive losers if he does go for nothing.  What to do?  Personally think we should drop him to the bench in the weeks ahead if he doesn't sign on the dotted line.  He isn't accomplished and really needs game time.   At this moment of time I don't think he is on a different level to Henderson and Gini.  So until he signs the contract use him sparingly.   
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1732: Sep 06, 2017 02:08:13 am
      give can a release clause and everyone will want one. no thanks. it's not la liga.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1733: Sep 06, 2017 08:35:12 am
      give can a release clause and everyone will want one. no thanks. it's not la liga.

Give him £60 million release clause. What ever the clause is it'll be a damn sight more than what we'll get as it stands right now
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1734: Sep 06, 2017 09:08:06 am
      Give him £60 million release clause. What ever the clause is it'll be a damn sight more than what we'll get as it stands right now
      We probably should try, our contracts negotiations are stuffed now anyway.

All other contracts in the future;

Scenario A)

Emre Can gets a release clause;

Player: I want a release clause
      Liverpool: No
      Player: Emre Can had  one
      Liverpool: That was a one off
      Player: I am not signing then

Scenario B)

Emre can does not get a release clause

Player: I want a release clause
      Liverpool: No
      Player: Can I get an increase on wages?
      Liverpool: How much?
      Player: Just as much as Oxland Chamberlain.

:f_whistle:
      « Last Edit: Sep 06, 2017 09:19:33 am by Ribapuru »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1735: Sep 06, 2017 09:44:15 am
      I can see buyout clauses becoming the norm in player contracts esp after the Coutinho incident this summer.

You can see why clubs don't want them its terrible for squad stability, how is Klopp to build a squad with the instability of agents pushing their clients to richer clubs.
      Its all to do with agents getting more money as usual.

If Can does not believe in the project at LFC under Klopp then let him leave as we have fu**ed this up already by letting it get so far.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1736: Sep 06, 2017 09:58:26 am
      Went to look how Emre Can got on against Norway, he didn't even get on the field even in Germany's 6-0 win.
      I'd use Woodburn along side Henderson and Gini in the midfield against City, drop Can until this is sorted.
      Maybe he can sing a duet with Coutinho.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #1737: Sep 06, 2017 10:40:13 am

To do what with? We earn upwards of £81 million a season just from TV rights alone. That's before you factor in prize money, gate receipts and commercial deals. We don't need that money, what we need is to hang on to our best players and like Ribapuru said, give one to Can and everyone will want one and when everyone has one we'll become nothing but a feeder club for Europe's elite, with someone swooping in for our best player every Summer.  No thanks, we want to be part of Europe's elite again and I'd sooner us lose the player than become Barcelona's bi*ch. We have Keita coming in next season and he's an upgrade on Can. Emre can either be part of the push for greatness or he can go be a bit part player for someone else.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #1738: Sep 06, 2017 11:37:14 am
      We earn upwards of £81 million a season just from TV rights alone.

Double that.  And that's just the Premier League.

Really astonishing the whole scenario this from Liverpool.  They must have gauged from the discussions that started year ago if he was going to sign, and if he wasn't I can't believe they didn't try and sell him this summer.

I wonder if this one slipped through the net when Ian Ayre was getting off and Michael Edwards came in.  Starting to look like a massive balls up and looks like he is off.

And, I wonder what the motivation was for Liverpool leaking this 'release clause' thing to the press... Hmm? Turn the fans against him so the club don't look like morons when he leaves for 0 perhaps?
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #1739: Sep 06, 2017 12:24:27 pm
      Can is overrated. Give him his release clause, 50 Mio. €, plus that he has to contact Liverpool early enough to avoid what Barca had to deal with the late Neymar transfer. So we can spend the 50 Mio. € right away, plenty of better players out there for that kind of money. Again, Can is overrated!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1740: Sep 06, 2017 12:58:14 pm
      If he wants a release clause set it at £150 million, if some club comes along willing to pay that then we get a nice chunk of money. Even if a release clause is reached it doesn't mean a player has to leave.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1741: Sep 06, 2017 01:07:21 pm
      Ultimately if he wants to stay he will find a solution and sign.
      The club may not want to give him a release clause  (if that's truly what's holding it up) but they certainly wont want him to leave for nothing

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1742: Sep 06, 2017 01:10:33 pm
      Double that.  And that's just the Premier League.

Really astonishing the whole scenario this from Liverpool.  They must have gauged from the discussions that started year ago if he was going to sign, and if he wasn't I can't believe they didn't try and sell him this summer.

I wonder if this one slipped through the net when Ian Ayre was getting off and Michael Edwards came in.  Starting to look like a massive balls up and looks like he is off.

And, I wonder what the motivation was for Liverpool leaking this 'release clause' thing to the press... Hmm? Turn the fans against him so the club don't look like morons when he leaves for 0 perhaps?

You know the craic.
      If the club say nothing they are aloof, distant and "don't communicate with the fans".
      If they put out a statement, it becomes "oh it's just PR spin".

They really can't win.
      Slagged if they do, slagged if they don't.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #1743: Sep 06, 2017 01:18:50 pm
      They really can't win.
      Slagged if they do, slagged if they don't.

Hardly. I was just wondering what the motivation was with them releasing that particular snippet of information, at this particular point in time, to their three little friends in the media.

We don't normally hear contact intricacies leaked like this from the club so I stand by my interpretation of why - it's to make Can look unreasonable so that when he leaves for nothing LFC look blameless.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1744: Sep 06, 2017 01:26:11 pm
      Hardly. I was just wondering what the motivation was with them releasing that particular snippet of information, at this particular point in time, to their three little friends in the media.

We don't normally hear contact intricacies leaked like this from the club so I stand by my interpretation of why - it's to make Can look unreasonable so that when he leaves for nothing LFC look blameless.

It was just a general point.
      I didn't mean you in particular, so perhaps I should have been clearer about that.

As a general point, I think it still stands.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1745: Sep 06, 2017 02:30:29 pm

The Coutinho effect.
      I reckon Coutinho not being released will make a lot of players reassess contracts with no release clauses.
      That aside you'd have to wonder would this not have been resolved sooner if Can had been offered better wages sooner. 2nd half of the season he was probably the best midfielder, after Coutinho.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1746: Sep 06, 2017 03:12:32 pm

As opposed to no F***ing contact whatever from their enclave in Boston.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1747: Sep 06, 2017 03:27:19 pm

How do you know its the club that leaked it and not the agent or player or players representatives etc.

Quick Reply