Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Emre Can (Liverpool > Juventus)

Read 281828 times
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Re: Emre Can Player Thread
      Reply #2139: Apr 06, 2018 12:42:48 am
      Daily mirror reporting emre could miss the rest of the season and the world cup

f***in hell one after the other just now. Was hoping he’d be back for next week with Hendo out
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2140: Apr 06, 2018 08:25:14 am
      Bad news, when we needed him most!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2141: Apr 06, 2018 08:40:49 am
      For fucks sake. Looks like it will be Milner, OX and Gini as our midfield against Citeh!
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #2142: Apr 06, 2018 08:56:45 am
      James Pearce saying the club are playing down suggestion his season is over

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-hopeful-mohamed-salah-injury-14498077
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #2143: Apr 06, 2018 09:10:39 am

I wish that's true. Fingers crossed. I believe much much more the Echo than the shitty Dailymail.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #2144: Apr 06, 2018 09:13:04 am
      I wish that's true. Fingers crossed. I believe much much more the Echo than the shitty Dailymail.

Think we all know the routine you wait on the Liverpool journalists confirming these stories and none of the have with Can yet. Pearce is suggesting he’s very unlikely for Citeh though
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #2145: Apr 06, 2018 09:16:03 am

Think we all know the routine you wait on the Liverpool journalists confirming these stories and none of the have with Can yet. Pearce is suggesting he’s very unlikely for Citeh though

sh*t, yes I read it. We will know when Klopp faces the media this afternoon.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #2146: Apr 10, 2018 10:43:28 am
      Rumors that his season is over. If he chooses to walk out the door in the summer, he might not be making a poorer decision.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2147: Apr 10, 2018 04:16:25 pm
      Rumors that his season is over. If he chooses to walk out the door in the summer, he might not be making a poorer decision.

Those were doing the rounds late last week, don't think anyone's virtually arsed at the moment, he isn't available, we go with what we have.

Personally imo I wouldn't be giving him a new contract anywhere near what's been suggested, especially when he only seems to turn up for one in five games.

Still wouldn't surprise me if he signed for Juve on a free in the summer.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #2148: Apr 10, 2018 05:44:05 pm
      Those were doing the rounds late last week, don't think anyone's virtually arsed at the moment, he isn't available, we go with what we have.

Personally imo I wouldn't be giving him a new contract anywhere near what's been suggested, especially when he only seems to turn up for one in five games.

Still wouldn't surprise me if he signed for Juve on a free in the summer.

Think he'll go City myself.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2149: Apr 10, 2018 06:33:00 pm

James Pearce from the Echo rubbished that one, but can understand the logic.

I think Juve, cos Serie A would suit the way he plays.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2150: Apr 10, 2018 11:05:23 pm
      Gini's nicked your spot, lad.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2151: Apr 10, 2018 11:11:17 pm

So cool, calm and collective in the 2nd half. He could be something special as a #6 if Klopp carries on playing him there.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2152: Apr 10, 2018 11:11:21 pm

To be fair mate Can has been our best CM this season and Gini was invisible first half.

Would still have Can ahead of him every game but Gini is a useful squad player.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2153: Apr 10, 2018 11:13:32 pm
      To be fair mate Can has been our best CM this season and Gini was invisible first half.

Just enjoying the moment.
      Can's gone.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2154: Apr 10, 2018 11:21:35 pm

He was invisible just like the rest of the midfielders as we were just booting the ball upfield and bypassing midfield.

Second half when we decided to play football he was class.

Might be worth persevering with in that position.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2155: Apr 11, 2018 02:25:30 am
      Klopp said Can is out for the rest of the season to the German media :(
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #2156: Apr 11, 2018 07:03:51 am
      If he wants out, so be it, we don't need players who will milk us for money just to stay here. We want committed lads here.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2157: Apr 12, 2018 04:50:40 pm
      Klopp said Can is out for the rest of the season to the German media :(

That's a massive blow if its true. He has played very well in recent months and has provided strength and composure in the middle of the park. Given we need to win in the EPL but keep players fresh for 2 semi-final games we can't really afford any more injuries this season. As for Can's commitment, regardless of his contract situation you cannot question his effort levels in matches this season.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #2158: Apr 16, 2018 07:36:50 pm
      Can can come back any day...back injuries can be surprisingly improve or vice versa. I think Klopp also mentioned that it's not over for Emre.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2159: Apr 17, 2018 06:32:59 pm
      I'll be quite honest, I don't want Emre and I think we will be making the right choice to let him go on a free.
      He is trying to get 200k a week, since I found that out I felt a bit disgusted as he is not worth that salary. He is basically ran his contract down because he thinks we will give him a high salary because it is cheaper than buying a new player, he is right but in my opinion it is an opinion that is a bit big headed.

If he were good enough for us to think he is first xi quality and no matter who we sign like a Gerrard etc was... then it would be worth it. Emre Can is not good enough for us, if he gets purchased by Juventus he is just doing to get an Italian league title, but it is not a premier league title. Liverpool in Italian league would be like Celtic in SPL...  He would also spend a lot of time on the bench since Juventus do have some quality midfielders right now. His salary at Juventus won't be increasing anywhere near what he is requesting from us. He is basically acting like a mercenary saying pay him more and he'll stay, but he is only good enough as a backup really. He got a lot of games here because other players did not perform and time and time again he shown he just does not have what he must think he has to merit being a starter.
      Emre Can at the moment is a Liverpool player and he will really regret ever trying to treat us like a cash cow when Juve chew him up, spit him out and he ends up at somewhere like Wolfsburg or Stuttgart.
      We want players who feel it is an honour to wear the red shirt, all footballers can expect a good salary but there is a line where you can tell their priority is money, these kind of players don't seem to perform as well and it can cause dressing room drama.
      Imagine a quality player questioning why Can is on a higher salary after performing sh*te, what can Klopp say to them?

Only Mo Salah deserves 200k a week. If somebody asks why does Salah get more money than me? Klopp can answer that one very easily.
      « Last Edit: Apr 17, 2018 06:54:09 pm by Ribapuru »
      Kopite78
      Reply #2160: Apr 17, 2018 06:50:27 pm
      Heard today he's off to city

clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #2161: Apr 17, 2018 06:52:14 pm

So, he will warm their bench. If so, he's gold-digger!

Quick Reply