Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Emre Can (Liverpool > Juventus)

Read 282002 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Emre Can Player Thread
      Reply #2277: May 17, 2018 10:13:54 am
      5m euro a year? That's cheap

It's about Ā£85k a week

If that is true isn't that more or less what he's on now with us isn't it, in which case why on earth does he want to leave?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2278: May 17, 2018 10:15:10 am
      If that is true isn't that more or less what he's on now with us isn't it, in which case why on earth does he want to leave?

Signing on fee and bonuses.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2279: May 17, 2018 10:16:33 am

Oh well if he cares more about money than playing for the most exciting team in world football then good luck to him, but he's an idiot and he'll regret it.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #2280: May 17, 2018 10:55:30 am
      Would prefer if he stayed but he is not a guaranteed first teamer and is very inconsistent. His best years are ahead of him of course but F**k it.

If you want to leave Liverpool at the moment for the Italian league, you need your head checked.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2281: May 17, 2018 11:35:30 am
      Emre Can is just a player that is good enough, not a player that will ever excel. Small fish in a big pond or big fish in a small pond. He'll never even be a medium fish in a big pond. He is a bit bigoted in his ways, we can do better.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #2282: May 17, 2018 12:30:33 pm
      5m euro a year? That's cheap

It's about Ā£85k a week

Yeah, doesnā€™t make much sense since if I remember correctly at some point the talk was that he was demanding over Ā£100k a week, think I even read Ā£200k, so itā€™s weird if he goes for ā€œso littleā€, unless the difference in taxes from England to Italy is abysmal.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2283: May 17, 2018 01:45:12 pm
      I just don't get this at all. You have a group of very close players all working towards winning the CL yet one player says I want out but I won't stay why or what I want to stay and I have agreed to go to another club.
      Can you imagine Shankly having a player come to him and say these things he would be out on his arse.
      Some of this story just does not add up.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2284: May 17, 2018 05:40:26 pm
      He want's to play every game, he wants a team built around him...not going to happen here.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2285: May 17, 2018 06:28:19 pm
      He want's to play every game, he wants a team built around him...not going to happen here.

not going to happen anywhere no team worth its salt would do that unless your name is Lionel Messi or Mo Salah.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2286: May 17, 2018 06:31:31 pm
      not going to happen anywhere no team worth its salt would do that unless your name is Lionel Messi or Mo Salah.

Was listening to Mel Reddy a few months ago and supposedly they told him that he will run that midfield for the next decade and he will be a focal point of that team.

Makes sense, they are getting older, he will slot right in to that Italian style of play....To me he never pulled a Stirling/Suarez/Coutinho act...his injury is real..so although he is leaving he didn't disrespect us or throw his toys out the pram so good luck to him, no hard feelings.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2287: May 17, 2018 06:33:04 pm

You sure mate?..

I don't think he's asking for the above other than a buyout clause in his contract...

If Can wanted out he could have signed with Juve Jan onwards..Still hope he stays..
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2288: May 17, 2018 06:51:38 pm
      You sure mate?..

I don't think he's asking for the above other than a buyout clause in his contract...

If Can wanted out he could have signed with Juve Jan onwards..Still hope he stays..

I think they are making an offer he can't refuse, I also think he hasn't signed yet because 1.) a bit unsure 2.) not disrupting his current team...which I think is the right way to act, hence saying F**k of Emre will not come out of my mouth.

I'd rather he stay, gives us options....he has a unique build and set of football skills; that being said to me his mind and reactions are just a bit behind what we are doing (that's how i see him)

Hope he stays but if he goes then I think both parties will end up being just fine.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2289: May 17, 2018 10:05:45 pm

Because hes a cock?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2290: May 17, 2018 10:13:23 pm
      Thought it was a release clause that was stopping him from signing. He's always been pretty much a regular for Klopp, even when he's been shocking, more often than not he's stayed in the team so I can't see the reason for going there as more playing time, he's captained us hasn't he. Klopp wants him to stay so I can't see it being anything other than for the release clause, which if he wants one of them then he isn't exactly fully committed to us if he wants an assurance he can leave at some point.

Might be taking a lower wage than what was on offer here, I'm sure the nice big signing bonus will more than balance that out though.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2291: May 18, 2018 07:25:24 pm
      At this point I would not offer Emre a contract. People who say he is worth 40m and that is simply not true, he is worth about 25m. He has not grew much here, he's stagnating and won't get much better. He refused to sign a contract so needs binning off. He doesn't merit 5 million a year in wages. Would we pay 40m for Emre Can from another club? Not at all.
      Henderson is on his level and he is the minimum standard we can accept here and Henderson has a good attitude, so this one is an easy decision. In a few years, he will be at a club around West Hams level.

He can stay away from the final, no doubt he'd mess up and leave.
      « Last Edit: May 18, 2018 07:32:45 pm by Ribapuru »
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #2292: May 21, 2018 05:25:27 pm
      https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/21/emre-can-to-move-from-liverpool-to-juventus-on-five-year-contract?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Well thatā€™s curtains for him at LFC, Iā€™ll probably never understand it but best of luck to him. He enfuriated me at times and then picks himself up again with a touch of class. As others have said, not a key player for us but a damned fine squad player and I hope we replace him with somebody better.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2293: May 21, 2018 09:18:15 pm
      Regardless of his contract situation and whether he leaves the club its a real bonus if he is back training and potentially available for Saturday. I can't imagine he could be fit to contribute for more than 30 minutes but given the poor state of our bench just having a Can and a Lallana in reserve should the game got to extra time could make all the difference.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #2294: May 22, 2018 01:47:01 am
      We have a replacement in Gruijic. Shame as I liked Emre as could score the odd goal, unfortunately the same can't be said for captain fantastic. Weird decision, presume tied to his ego.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #2295: May 22, 2018 05:08:01 am
      Deceptive player, looks slow but covers ground. I think he would have been good under Klopp's system. Maybe he wants to play a different type of football.I don't know but his back injury is a worry, if its kept him out this long. Maybe Serie A is better for him in respect of this injury. who knows.... next!!!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2296: May 22, 2018 09:16:52 am
      This whole saga has been weird from start to finish and I find it strange to have an player who has pledged his future to another Club anywhere near our most important game for over a decade.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2297: May 22, 2018 09:35:27 am
      Deceptive player, looks slow but covers ground. I think he would have been good under Klopp's system. Maybe he wants to play a different type of football.I don't know but his back injury is a worry, if its kept him out this long. Maybe Serie A is better for him in respect of this injury. who knows.... next!!!

What do you mean by "I think he would have been good under Klopp's system"? This isn't a player who we missed out on signing but a player who has played under Klopp's system for several seasons and by and large he's only done OK, fairly average. The ONLY thing I'm annoyed about is that we are not getting any money for him, other than that good luck at Juve Emre.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #2298: May 22, 2018 10:14:47 am
      We have a replacement in Gruijic. Shame as I liked Emre as could score the odd goal, unfortunately the same can't be said for captain fantastic. Weird decision, presume tied to his ego.

As is every decision everybody makes - ultimately connected to ego and how we process options / choices etc.

Like your decision to come into this thread and have a pop at the skipper in the week of a UCL final...... :confused-smiley-013:

Presumably you thought that woul make you look witty?

Oh and I think Gruijic is a way off yet and Iā€™m not Emreā€™s biggest fan :)
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2299: May 22, 2018 02:20:07 pm
      Good player but not a huge loss to the squad.

With Keita's arrival I think Emre would struggle for game time next season anyway.

Quick Reply