Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Emre Can (Liverpool > Juventus)

Read 281807 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Emre Can Player Thread
      Reply #2323: May 23, 2018 12:12:13 pm
      Ok so here you are saying what Emre said is equally as bad as what Sakho said, yet you fully condemned Sakho but you gave Emre a free pass? Why?
      Kopite78
      Reply #2324: May 23, 2018 12:14:17 pm
      Ok so here you are saying what Emre said is equally as bad as what Sakho said, yet you fully condemned Sakho but you gave Emre a free pass? Why?

Where am I?

Im asking you how you are comparing the two
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2325: May 23, 2018 12:19:05 pm
      Where am I?

Im asking you how you are comparing the two
      Sakho, posted on Snapchat that he was annoyed at being frozen out the first team because Klopp said he is not fit enough. Dig at Klopp. Gone.
      Emre Can tweeted he feels good enough to take a step up from Liverpool, in enough words.

To me it is comparing bad against bad, so... it really is comparable in my opinion.
      We'll just have to agree to disagree on this, you clearly think he is untarnished but I didn't appreciate his comments.
      Regardless, we'll be fine without him and this is probably why fans have no hard feelings.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2326: May 23, 2018 12:21:32 pm
      Sakho, posted on Snapchat that he was annoyed at being frozen out the first team because Klopp said he is not fit enough. Dig at Klopp. Gone.
      Emre Can tweeted he feels good enough to take a step up from Liverpool, in enough words.

To me it is comparing bad against bad, so... it really is comparable in my opinion.

But that's not why Klopp got rid of Sakho

There was far more to it. The two aren't comparable

What are you on about I think he's untarnished ?

I haven't  made comment on it. I was simply questioning your implicit view on it

You saying that he thinks he's too big for Liverpool and he's a douchebag etc etc etc
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2327: May 23, 2018 12:29:16 pm
      But that's not why Klopp got rid of Sakho

There was far more to it. The two aren't comparable
      I guess you have a point about it not being the reason, or only reason regarding Sakho.
      The only thing I can say, is if he really thinks Juve is a step up, it is just good he isn't going to City.
      At least he has the decency to go to another league when his contract ends.
      I do think Emre Can might have other reasons to want a move as well, but his comments certainly weren't professional.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2328: May 23, 2018 12:40:55 pm
      I guess you have a point about it not being the reason, or only reason regarding Sakho.
      The only thing I can say, is if he really thinks Juve is a step up, it is just good he isn't going to City.
      At least he has the decency to go to another league when his contract ends.
      I do think Emre Can might have other reasons to want a move as well, but his comments certainly weren't professional.

I think it's pretty common knowledge that the reason  Sakho was sold wasn't simply a comment on Snapchat.

Personally I think there could be a chance Can goes to city by the way

But that there is the point I'm making. You're slagging Can off, calling him names, talking about it in absolutes that you say Can thinks Juve are a bigger side.. He hasn't said that whatsoever
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2329: May 23, 2018 01:26:12 pm
      I have no problem with Emre as a player or as an individual its more the circumstances he and his agent have put himself and the club in.
      People understandably mention Keegan but that was totally different he had won everything with the club and he gave us time to find an even better replacement everyone at the Club new what was happening.
      With Emre nobody really knows what he wants and I don't think he and his agent are being totally up front. As I posted previously something doesn't add up.
      If he goes to City that will be such an act of betrayal to the fans and the club. If he goes to Juventus and they build a team around him then I wish him well.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #2330: May 23, 2018 01:47:35 pm
      Is it bad that I'm not arsed one way or the other whether he stays or goes?

He was always hot and cold for me with his play. Surely we can find another hot and cold player that will pledge his allegiance to the club?
      Kopite78
      Reply #2331: May 23, 2018 01:58:24 pm
      Is it bad that I'm not arsed one way or the other whether he stays or goes?

He was always hot and cold for me with his play. Surely we can find another hot and cold player that will pledge his allegiance to the club?

For the record I'm not bothered whatsoever either..

I just don't like the talking in absolutes about something that we can never fully understand.. The name calling because of someones certain reading of a situation without knowing even a small percentage of conversations had, why decisions are made etc

What I always try to think with a lot of these footballers, particularly the ones who come from a foreign country is that they are in the majority of cases young lads, young lads who move early to different cultures, to different climates that may or may not have wives and children who may not be settled who have far more to consider than us who grow up loving the club.. to them it's a job and like us if we or our families aren't happy or for whatever reason you don't feel satisfied or appreciated in your current job you'd try to change it

I'm perfectly happy just to say good luck Emre..

As you said there will always be another player

It's hard for us to grasp it because we love the club.. Emre doesn't though.
      There may well be loads of reasons he wants to go and if guess none of them are because he thinks we are a small club or that he's disrespecting us

It's like any of us if we weren't happy or satisfied in our jobs and we knew there are dozens of other companies who would employ us.. if you weren't happy you'd make a move

Like I say I get it from a fans view, if I could play for Liverpool for a tenth of what I'd get somewhere else I'd take it but that's cause I love the club.. Can doesn't.. and he may not feel appreciated and has another club telling him how much they'd love him and they'd build the side around him

« Last Edit: May 23, 2018 02:13:41 pm by Kopite78 »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #2332: May 23, 2018 03:13:42 pm
      For the record I'm not bothered whatsoever either..

I just don't like the talking in absolutes about something that we can never fully understand.. The name calling because of someones certain reading of a situation without knowing even a small percentage of conversations had, why decisions are made etc

What I always try to think with a lot of these footballers, particularly the ones who come from a foreign country is that they are in the majority of cases young lads, young lads who move early to different cultures, to different climates that may or may not have wives and children who may not be settled who have far more to consider than us who grow up loving the club.. to them it's a job and like us if we or our families aren't happy or for whatever reason you don't feel satisfied or appreciated in your current job you'd try to change it

I'm perfectly happy just to say good luck Emre..

As you said there will always be another player

It's hard for us to grasp it because we love the club.. Emre doesn't though.
      There may well be loads of reasons he wants to go and if guess none of them are because he thinks we are a small club or that he's disrespecting us

It's like any of us if we weren't happy or satisfied in our jobs and we knew there are dozens of other companies who would employ us.. if you weren't happy you'd make a move

Like I say I get it from a fans view, if I could play for Liverpool for a tenth of what I'd get somewhere else I'd take it but that's cause I love the club.. Can doesn't.. and he may not feel appreciated and has another club telling him how much they'd love him and they'd build the side around him

Oh yea, to be honest, I don't really have a problem with him running his contract down. I think he's a bit naive to choose Juventus over us because we won't put a release clause in a new contract (if that's the truth) but it's his decision, and he's not thrown out his toys or done anything negative that I can see. He'll have seen out his contractual obligations and he wants to move on. No issue from me. Probably would have been smart of us to sell him when we could have gotten something for him, but it is what it is.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2333: May 23, 2018 03:24:19 pm

Do you continually hear swishing sounds as sentences and phrases go over your head?
      Kopite78
      Reply #2334: May 23, 2018 03:33:40 pm
      Do you continually hear swishing sounds as sentences and phrases go over your head?

Nope
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2335: May 24, 2018 11:57:20 am
      I think it's pretty common knowledge that the reason  Sakho was sold wasn't simply a comment on Snapchat.

The snapchat thing was softlads way of trying to get his point across, he'd already been bombed out by that point.

End of the day he was sold because of the fatburner thing, then his attitude in pre-season just confirmed to Klopp to F**k him off!!

Kopite78
      Reply #2336: May 24, 2018 12:18:26 pm
      The snapchat thing was softlads way of trying to get his point across, he'd already been bombed out by that point.

End of the day he was sold because of the fatburner thing, then his attitude in pre-season just confirmed to Klopp to f**k him off!!

Exactly
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #2337: May 24, 2018 12:23:44 pm

End of the day he was sold because of the fatburner thing, then his attitude in pre-season just confirmed to Klopp to f**k him off!!

Wasn't he cleared of that, though? Which was even more frustrating because he could not play while the investigation went on.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2338: May 24, 2018 01:53:36 pm
      Wasn't he cleared of that, though? Which was even more frustrating because he could not play while the investigation went on.

Doesn't really matter though

He took something he didn't tell the club doctor about.. these players nowadays are duty bound to ask the club doctor about paracetamol to double check any banned substance let alone a fat burner

It added to his unprofessionalism
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2339: May 24, 2018 02:26:56 pm

Cleared of a not taking something on the banned list.

Guilty of taking something ‘medicinal’ without club ok and otherwise being a bit of a tit around the place.........
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2340: May 24, 2018 02:52:59 pm
      I'd sooner have him here than him leave but obviously his mind is made up to go.

On whether he should feature in the final I'd have him on the bench. Midfield options are light enough as it is.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2341: May 24, 2018 06:45:22 pm

He was, but in Klopp's eyes I don't think he was impressed with Sakho actually using them to slim down.

When you hear how much Klopp pushes players in training, has them training at different times etc, in his eyes using fatburners is probably the lazy way to get match fit.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2342: May 24, 2018 06:46:54 pm
      I'd sooner have him here than him leave but obviously his mind is made up to go.

On whether he should feature in the final I'd have him on the bench. Midfield options are light enough as it is.

Think it's pretty much of a nap that'll he'll be off to Juve, but with the limited options we've got through injuries in midfield, makes sense to include him on the bench.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2343: May 24, 2018 08:27:27 pm
      Think it's pretty much of a nap that'll he'll be off to Juve, but with the limited options we've got through injuries in midfield, makes sense to include him on the bench.

Indeed.
      StevieGTheCaptain8
      • Forum Ian St John

• 444 posts | 11 
      • Italian Fan
      Reply #2344: May 28, 2018 01:52:59 pm
      Last game an European Final lost. Ready for Juve
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #2345: May 28, 2018 02:08:02 pm
      Figured this would be announced almost immediately. Maybe we are waiting till we have another incoming to soften the blow?

Quick Reply