Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Emre Can (Liverpool > Juventus)

Read 281975 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Emre Can (Liverpool > Juventus)
      Reply #2461: Jan 31, 2020 08:21:05 am
      Meh.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2462: Jan 31, 2020 05:59:17 pm
      He fu**ed it.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2463: Jan 31, 2020 06:17:15 pm

Seems so.

Very talented fella, who apparently believed his own press a bit too much instead of getting his head down and learning.

Isn't the first time it's happened and won't be the last.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2464: Jan 31, 2020 06:21:20 pm
      Just hope lucien favre doesn't play him as a centre back
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #2465: Jan 31, 2020 07:04:28 pm

Has he really ? Joined a great club with a very talented squad.

Can always treated the club with respect and played his heart out all the way to the end - don’t understand the negative rubbish posted towards him. He just wanted to move on - no harm in that
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2466: Jan 31, 2020 07:28:07 pm
      Has he really ? Joined a great club with a very talented squad.

Can always treated the club with respect and played his heart out all the way to the end - don’t understand the negative rubbish posted towards him. He just wanted to move on - no harm in that

Yeah hes fu**ed it. Ran his contract down and inadvertantly left the best team in the world. In return he's been left to rot in the Juve reserves and failed to make their champions league team.

Now been shipped off to Dortmund at a stage in his career where most players are usually moving away from Dortmund.

Not bitter towards him or anything, the lad doesnt make our best XI, but if he had his time again, I think he would have signed.
      « Last Edit: Jan 31, 2020 07:34:53 pm by fields of anny rd »
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2467: Jan 31, 2020 07:31:04 pm
      Good luck, nothing more. At least, he did not go to an other England team.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2468: Jan 31, 2020 07:42:00 pm
      Just not good enough anyway, most likely only going down from Dortmund, surprised he's even going there
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #2469: Jan 31, 2020 08:22:09 pm
      Yeah hes fu**ed it. Ran his contract down and inadvertantly left the best team in the world. In return he's been left to rot in the Juve reserves and failed to make their champions league team.

Now been shipped off to Dortmund at a stage in his career where most players are usually moving away from Dortmund.

Not bitter towards him or anything, the lad doesnt make our best XI, but if he had his time again, I think he would have signed.

Think your going just a touch over the top there

He decided not to sign a new contract

When he left we weren’t the best team in the world

He left to go to one of the biggest teams in the world and won a title and cup with them

Quite clearly are bitter towards him and Klopp would have clearly liked him to stay

He will no doubt do well at Dortmund
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2470: Feb 02, 2020 12:56:08 am

He left to go to one of the biggest teams in the world and won a title and cup with them

Quite clearly are bitter towards him and Klopp would have clearly liked him to stay

I'm not bitter towards Emre Can. He barely F***ing played for Juve so hardly won league and cup any more than Simon Mignolet won the Champions League last year with us.

Hes got the acceleration of a big German Panzer, that's his big issue. While Emre fu**ed it, we probably did well to avoid putting a big contract on him.

Nice goal v Watford though! Up there with Coates against QPR.
      « Last Edit: Feb 02, 2020 01:00:15 am by fields of anny rd »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #2471: Feb 08, 2020 06:22:40 pm
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #2472: Feb 08, 2020 07:36:42 pm
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #2473: Feb 09, 2020 11:50:45 am
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2474: Feb 09, 2020 02:18:32 pm

Do you think Klopp wishes he was still here? He was a bang average player and why Dortmund have signed him is quite beyond me, perhaps they just needed an expensive seat warmer.

Very good goal though, but as we remember those were few and far between.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #2475: Feb 09, 2020 02:21:28 pm
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #2476: Feb 09, 2020 03:16:44 pm
      Do you think Klopp wishes he was still here? He was a bang average player and why Dortmund have signed him is quite beyond me, perhaps they just needed an expensive seat warmer.

Very good goal though, but as we remember those were few and far between.

He wasn’t “bang average” at all - stop talking sh*te

Klopp wanted him to stay hence why he offered him a new contract and if he was still at the club then he would still be playing

Dortmund has bought him because he is still a good player and current German International.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2477: Feb 10, 2020 08:19:36 am

Klopp wanted him to stay hence why he offered him a new contract and if he was still at the club then he would still be playing

Dortmund has bought him because he is still a good player and current German International.

Yes he's such a good player that Juventus didn't even include him in their CL squad, WOW the loss!! BTW if I think he was bang average then that is my opinion and I'm entitled to it, just as you are yours. I don't recall many people on here being upset when he left though, well apart from the fact the pr**k running down his contract and denying us a transfer fee, just so that he could increase his own wages.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2478: Feb 10, 2020 09:54:37 am
      I didn't like the way he ran down his contract I think its so disrespectful . I think he was too impatient to be a world class player he had a lot of time to reach that goal but wanted it now. Think he will do well at Dortmund he just needs to concentrate on his game now and become a regular in the national team
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2479: Feb 10, 2020 11:29:49 am

He was ok dude, but he was a bit injury prone, and really he wasn't spectacular in any way. Hence why the club was ok with him leaving. Believe Pearce has even said, the release clause he wanted put in made it so the club really weren't arsed about letting him go. He'd have a blinder every 10 games or so and then be just "ok" for the rest of the time.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #2480: Feb 10, 2020 06:31:43 pm
      Yes he's such a good player that Juventus didn't even include him in their CL squad, WOW the loss!! BTW if I think he was bang average then that is my opinion and I'm entitled to it, just as you are yours. I don't recall many people on here being upset when he left though, well apart from the fact the pr**k running down his contract and denying us a transfer fee, just so that he could increase his own wages.

So much inaccuracies- he didn’t run down his contract just so that he could increase his wages , he was offered a new contract but wasnt to his liking - we could have sold him on but the manager was happy to let his contract run down - and he more than played his part getting us to the CL

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2481: Feb 10, 2020 07:13:18 pm
      So much inaccuracies- he didn’t run down his contract just so that he could increase his wages , he was offered a new contract but wasnt to his liking - we could have sold him on but the manager was happy to let his contract run down - and he more than played his part getting us to the CL

He ran his contract down because he wanted to put a release clause in a new contract, so he was looking for more money. That's why we let him walk. Don't think Klopp was too upset about it either.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2482: Feb 10, 2020 07:34:09 pm
      He ran his contract down because he wanted to put a release clause in a new contract, so he was looking for more money. That's why we let him walk. Don't think Klopp was too upset about it either.

He might have been some bit upset if he didn't already have a superior replacement lined up in Fabinho.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2483: Feb 10, 2020 08:10:43 pm

Seems JĂźrgen was right again as with  Couthino we have done OK since they have left us.

Quick Reply