Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Luis Suarez (Real Madrid/Barcelona)

Read 91309 times
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Re: Luis Suarez (Real Madrid/Barcelona)
      Reply #1012: Jul 03, 2014 01:28:09 pm
      Said the same last night Race, as clear as crystal for me.

Fifa act like a evil super power now with blatter as Silas Greenback.

One thing that should be clear for all to see is that it's never been more a case of them and us, the pretty, effervescent face of Barca, Real Madrid et al and the grimy. urchin-like Scal Qaeda that is LFC and its fans.

I like, F**k em.

Not sure why but FIFA have took on this aura to me of an evil group of corrupt criminals.. like something out of a Bond film.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #1013: Jul 03, 2014 01:29:38 pm
      I'm not sure mate. I never saw anything like the same level of hatred shown towards Suarez when we thought he may go to Arsenal last season.

Exactly, English team!

From the Echo........

Luis Suarez was like a dirty fling from a bar, exciting, invigorating, dangerous, unpredictable. Incredible highs, incredible lows. You both know its not forever but at the end of the day it makes you feel alive. It comes along maybe once or twice in a lifetime and when it does it reawakens a spirit inside that had died. That's the relationship of Suarez and Liverpool. Not for the long term but it leaves a smile on your face and unbelievable memories that will never be forgotten. Allegedly :)
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1014: Jul 03, 2014 01:32:47 pm
      Exactly, English team!

From the Echo........

Luis Suarez was like a dirty fling from a bar, exciting, invigorating, dangerous, unpredictable. Incredible highs, incredible lows. You both know its not forever but at the end of the day it makes you feel alive. It comes along maybe once or twice in a lifetime and when it does it reawakens a spirit inside that had died. That's the relationship of Suarez and Liverpool. Not for the long term but it leaves a smile on your face and unbelievable memories that will never be forgotten. Allegedly :)

? I'm not sure you got my point ?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1015: Jul 03, 2014 01:34:29 pm
      I'm not sure mate. I never saw anything like the same level of hatred shown towards Suarez when we thought he may go to Arsenal last season.

No doubt he would have got the same had he gone to arsenal
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1016: Jul 03, 2014 01:35:39 pm
      Can't hate the guy or love him, I'm quite ambivalent toward him now. A real case of been here before, old stories, here we go again and all that. Just so bored of all the sh*t that seems to follow the guy. Of course, if it comes to light that this has all been orchestrated, then he's a cnut of the highest order

I'm slowly learning though that players are mercs. through and through and not to be surprised any more or hang on every word they say. Not all are like this, but in my opinion it seems only the top players are (ironically) for the most part.

Hopefully this Suarez shitstorm media circus frenzy is case closed very soon so we can move on
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #1017: Jul 03, 2014 01:44:08 pm

Agreed.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #1018: Jul 03, 2014 01:44:32 pm
      I for one will admit that I'm not happy about all this. We have stood by Luis through thick and thin and this is what we get, the continued flirtation with leaving. When he leaves it will be without my support, I've enjoyed watching him and am thankful to him for how he has helped the club progress, but at the end of the day he is just another mercenary (like most of them are) who put his own desires ahead of those of the club. Maybe that's all you can get anymore but I will still hope that there are players that hold loyalty in high regard. I know that even the most loyal (Gerrard) have had flirtations with leaving, but it certainly wasn't an ongoing saga, just a fleeting glance.

So go ahead Luis and play for Barca, you'll still play second fiddle to Messi and likely you'll still do something stupid at some point and miss games. LFC will go on and we will move forward and get better without you. I care much more about all of the supporters that have stood beside you and defended you through all of your stupidity and it's those supporters that deserve better, not better play because that was never in question, but better behavior and more loyalty to a club that thumbed their nose at anyone that thought it was silly that we stood by and supported you.

A kick in the bag this has been.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1019: Jul 03, 2014 01:44:55 pm
      Can't hate the guy or love him, I'm quite ambivalent toward him now. A real case of been here before, old stories, here we go again and all that. Just so bored of all the sh*t that seems to follow the guy. Of course, if it comes to light that this has all been orchestrated, then he's a cnut of the highest order

I'm slowly learning though that players are mercs. through and through and not to be surprised any more or hang on every word they say. Not all are like this, but in my opinion it seems only the top players are (ironically) for the most part.

Hopefully this Suarez shitstorm media circus frenzy is case closed very soon so we can move on

I love him. Great memories.

I try to look at it like this. He wants Spain in his career, preferably Barca as his Wife's family live there and he has a house there. His daughter will be starting school this year (I think). They are in for him and are willing to pay big bucks to get him and they may not be in for him next season.

I know we are playing CL now and I'd hope he had a think before making his mind up. Seems the choice doesn't suit us, obviously but we will move on. We have to. Seems the contract he signed was more tailored to us in the short term.

Goes with my best wishes unless he talks sh*t when he goes.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,945 posts | 287 
      Reply #1020: Jul 03, 2014 01:54:13 pm
      What will F**k me off the most is that we made 80 million last year on 2nd place finish, will make another 80 million on a Suarez transfer.
      Does anyone actually see that 160 million being put back into the squad?

I rather loose the cash and keep the player, than loose the cash entirely.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1021: Jul 03, 2014 01:55:16 pm

As I said mate, I am not sure he would. I think to an extent we have always seen Luis as a more temporary player than Torres. Partly because he is South American, partly because Torres sold us all on the way he "got" Liverpool and partly because we are more accepting now than we were before that we can't hold on to our stars.

We have just finished second in the league and we're back in the CL with money to spend and we can't hold on to our best player? At least imo Torres had plenty of reasons to stab us in the back.

I think we have sadly adjusted to a new reality, that we can't keep our best players and we can't attract the best players even when most of the excuses (no CL, struggling midtable club, no money) have gone.

Maybe we just need a good run in the CL to demonstrate that we are still a club to be reckoned with, but at the moment I feel that we are somewhere near the ass end of top clubs players, especially foreign players would choose.

I just have difficulty accepting this new reality.... if that is what it is?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #1022: Jul 03, 2014 01:56:33 pm
      I for one will admit that I'm not happy about all this. We have stood by Luis through thick and thin and this is what we get, the continued flirtation with leaving. When he leaves it will be without my support, I've enjoyed watching him and am thankful to him for how he has helped the club progress, but at the end of the day he is just another mercenary (like most of them are) who put his own desires ahead of those of the club. Maybe that's all you can get anymore but I will still hope that there are players that hold loyalty in high regard. I know that even the most loyal (Gerrard) have had flirtations with leaving, but it certainly wasn't an ongoing saga, just a fleeting glance.

So go ahead Luis and play for Barca, you'll still play second fiddle to Messi and likely you'll still do something stupid at some point and miss games. LFC will go on and we will move forward and get better without you. I care much more about all of the supporters that have stood beside you and defended you through all of your stupidity and it's those supporters that deserve better, not better play because that was never in question, but better behavior and more loyalty to a club that thumbed their nose at anyone that thought it was silly that we stood by and supported you.

The saddest part in all this is did you really expect him to do anything else? Footballers have more loyalty to their agents than their clubs these days.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #1023: Jul 03, 2014 01:57:12 pm
      He scored 82 goals from this club...  Including 1 on his debut, 5 against Everton, 2 against United.

Hates the Mancs

Dived in front of Moyes

Single-handedly knocked Roy Hodgson out of the World Cup

He's got a F***ing screw loose no doubt about it, but, I can't dislike the man as much as I try
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #1024: Jul 03, 2014 01:59:25 pm
      Luis Suarez was like a dirty fling from a bar, exciting, invigorating, dangerous, unpredictable.

..and usually with fu**ed teeth.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #1025: Jul 03, 2014 02:01:12 pm
      The saddest part in all this is did you really expect him to do anything else? Footballers have more loyalty to their agents than their clubs these days.

There's no way he was staying with us for the rest of his career anyway. If it hadn't been this summer that he left it would probably have been next. I made my peace with this some time ago so although disappointed at losing a good player, I'm not actually that cut up about it.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1026: Jul 03, 2014 02:02:12 pm
      As I said mate, I am not sure he would. I think to an extent we have always seen Luis as a more temporary player than Torres. Partly because he is South American, partly because Torres sold us all on the way he "got" Liverpool and partly because we are more accepting now than we were before that we can't hold on to our stars.

We have just finished second in the league and we're back in the CL with money to spend and we can't hold on to our best player? At least imo Torres had plenty of reasons to stab us in the back.

I think we have sadly adjusted to a new reality, that we can't keep our best players and we can't attract the best players even when most of the excuses (no CL, struggling midtable club, no money) have gone.

Maybe we just need a good run in the CL to demonstrate that we are still a club to be reckoned with, but at the moment I feel that we are somewhere near the ass end of top clubs players, especially foreign players would choose.

I just have difficulty accepting this new reality.... if that is what it is?

I've no doubt about it mate

I was furious with what he did last summer as were most of my mates, had he gone to Arsenal he would be seen the same as Torres

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #1027: Jul 03, 2014 02:04:55 pm
      What will f**k me off the most is that we made 80 million last year on 2nd place finish, will make another 80 million on a Suarez transfer.
      Does anyone actually see that 160 million being put back into the squad?

I rather loose the cash and keep the player, than loose the cash entirely.

Does it need to all go on the squad? There's more to a successful football club than the squad. LFC is years, a decades even, behind other top clubs in Europe when it comes to global reach. We've been over taken by clubs like Arsenal and Chelsea (estimated at almost twice our number of fans world wide) who have significantly larger global fanbases because they're spent fortunes on exposure whilst we've lagged behind. As a business LFC has been mismanaged for years but at least we finally have owners that seem to understand that. Nonetheless, we're still playing catch up and with a team that isn't in need of a major overhaul, do we really need to be pumping every penny back in to it or do you look to the long term health of the club and invest in new marketing territories?
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #1028: Jul 03, 2014 02:05:50 pm

He's a professional sportsman not your girlfriend.

And let's have less of the "we stuck by him" as though it was a moral decision. We stuck by him because it was in our interests as he put points on the board. If he played like Aspas we would have stuck by him for about all of 10 milliseconds and if you think otherwise you'e seriously kidding yourself.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1029: Jul 03, 2014 02:07:32 pm
      He scored 82 goals from this club...  Including 1 on his debut, 5 against Everton, 2 against United.

Hates the Mancs

Dived in front of Moyes

Single-handedly knocked Roy Hodgson out of the World Cup

He's got a F***ing screw loose no doubt about it, but, I can't dislike the man as much as I try
      I hear you, and it epitomises Suarez totally; the guy invokes so many emotions it's incredible

I guess in the end it's a case of shaking hands, saying fangs for all the memories,...and then signing yourself into an asylum in order to recharge once he's gone. He's high maintenance, worth it, but high maintenance nonetheless

They guy F***ing exhausts me :D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1030: Jul 03, 2014 02:07:45 pm
      Forget about Suarez going to Barcelona the real issue here is that FSG sacked Kenny because of his signings... look how much money he actually made them...!!

:f_whistle: :couch:

In truth he'll go with my thanks, he's been a joy to watch. I can't see him saying a bad word about the supporters, may have a dig at FSG but if he's got any sense between those funny ears of his he'll leave that too (unlikely).

Word is that it's been verbally agreed so like PD and Debs said it probably wont be dragged out but the official confirmation may take some time to allow us to conduct our business without looking so obviously flush.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #1031: Jul 03, 2014 02:09:34 pm
      From the way he spoke about the club and supporters yes I foolishly thought he actually cared about more than a bigger spotlight or a bigger payday. That's on me for being naive.
      viniciusgama1
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 11 
      Reply #1032: Jul 03, 2014 02:15:19 pm
      It's not a matter of liking him or not at this point. He clearly wants to go. This is not Arsenal anymore, it's Barcelona and willing to pay the price. Nothing much to do. It was a fun ride with huge bumps, but, in the end, we are losing a player that had a Messi season. We will not find someone to the same, but we can hope that 2 or 3 top players fill the void.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1033: Jul 03, 2014 02:18:14 pm
      From the way he spoke about the club and supporters yes I foolishly thought he actually cared about more than a bigger spotlight or a bigger payday. That's on me for being naive.

I signed a contract because I love it here and I am so happy here. If you are not happy here, you do not sign a new contract.

"Sometimes I speak with my heart but I am so happy here in the Liverpool, I am happy with the players and to play the Champions League the next season."

Not naïve imo

American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #1034: Jul 03, 2014 02:42:31 pm
      Shame to see him go but I think he immediately sealed his own fate with this latest bite in the eyes of the owners.

The main reason I'm upset (aside from the goals he added) is that he was an absolute wonder to watch on the pitch. Such an exciting player that really could make something amazing out of nothing.

Anyways, no player bigger than the club. £80m would be a lot of money though and if smartly invested we'd come out a better squad overall. Only problem is that I honestly don't think I trust those in charge to invest that money wisely in real true talents that can actually end up replacing the massive hole that will be left by Suarez. That's my personal pessimistic opinion though.

Quick Reply