Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Luis Suarez (Real Madrid/Barcelona)

Read 91302 times
      LFCexiled
      Re: Luis Suarez (Real Madrid/Barcelona)
      Reply #966: Jul 03, 2014 10:20:51 am

A big steaming turd?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #967: Jul 03, 2014 10:21:50 am

Evidentially what that post was
      Zebedee
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #968: Jul 03, 2014 10:23:22 am

yep,you see clubs that are doing well in major competitions such as Barca and Real keep hold of their star strikers and supplement them with incoming ones!Us selling does take us two steps back!
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #969: Jul 03, 2014 10:25:15 am
      yep,you see clubs that are doing well in major competitions such as Barca and Real keep hold of their star strikers and supplement them with incoming ones!Us selling does take us two steps back!

What's a log?

What about the other 95% of teams worldwide who sell players?
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #970: Jul 03, 2014 10:28:06 am
      It'd really be nice to replace him with a top top player though. Both Chelsea and Arsenal are building on their current first XI whereas we are not.

Suarez will be a huge loss for us next season. I'd like to see us keep him and continue to strengthen the team but that is unlikely to happen. If Luis goes then our first XI becomes weakened almost instantly. There is no denying that. The worst of it all is seeing Chelsea sign Fabregas, Costa and most likely Fillipe Luis. They have improved their first XI significantly. Arsenal get Sanchez and they have done the same. Utd the same with Herrera and Shaw (underwhelming transfers, though).

Point being made is that they are building on what they have already got, keeping their key assets. It'd be gutting to see Luis leave, and that's why I really hope Brendan can spend that money on his replacement opposed to using it to strengthen out the squad. Spurs were a prime example of that. Quality over quantity any day of the week.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #971: Jul 03, 2014 10:28:48 am
      We are sincerely destined for doomness!!! for sure! Clearly we had a good team last season that got us into the champs league,second in the league, we only needed reinforcement of our shaky defense,additional strikers for the champions league,but now we have to sell? To a rival champ league club above all? Surely,greatness was within reach but now if we sell our star striker,we might as well forget about glory!

-doomness-Doomed, Why? because suarez leaves??
       Ok  we will miss his abilty and goals ,big time,   
      but its not catasrophy or the end of LFC
       Many players  arrived and left,
       some thought (me too) almost the same way when  torres handed in his transfer request, the same day we signed Luis
       we were not talking about what a great player we signed (Luis Suarez) , we were talking how our main striker fu*cked us on the last hours of the window, and we went panicking to get carroll
       we don't want that to happen again,(sell on the last day of the window), if it has to be done, just do it quickly, @ our strict valuation,  so we will have time to consider other options
       So NO we will not be doomed even if a player like suarez leaves, 
      Zebedee
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #972: Jul 03, 2014 10:29:10 am
      What's a log?

What about the other 95% of teams worldwide who sell players?

well,do i need to be your english teacher or wat?
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #973: Jul 03, 2014 10:30:06 am

Would definitely insist on a preseason friendly being organised as part of the deal - would be a boss party at Anfield :)
      LFCexiled
      Reply #974: Jul 03, 2014 10:30:54 am

Athletico?

If you think that Suarez leaving will be the end of us then you may as well just leave now, it may be for the best for all concerned.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #975: Jul 03, 2014 10:31:21 am
      Selling, in my opinion, the best player in the world right now.There is no way in which that moves the club forward.
      Heading into the Champions League it would be wise to keep your best players.

This has all the hallmarks of them saying "get us Champions League and we'll let you move abroad".

He's the best player to pull on a red shirt in a long long time. I don't think many would argue that he's up there with
      Ronaldo and Messi. Only the fact that he's prone to going completely F***ing mental once a season has us at this point.
      Other than that Barcelona would be told where to go.

Hard to see us lining up the two or three players we need if/when Suarez leaves.
      We seemed to have better targets last summer. Costa, Willian, Mkhitaryan, Salah, Konoplyanka.
      Now it's 25 Million on Lallana. If we'd spent the F***ing money last summer, instead of dicking about,
      we'd have quite likely won the league.

Suarez is a machine. Very rarely injured. One of those forged from steel South Americans.
      As much as I love Sturridge he will miss chunks of the season through injury.
      Very hard to see where we pluck another 30 goals a season striker from.

That said, I can't see him having the same form for Barcelona.
      Neymar already shunted out of position for Messi.
      Will Suarez be shunted out to the right?

All of this said, my six year old is a massive Suarez fan and he's already handling this better.
      "We still have Sturridge, Coutinho and Gerrard". Nice one kid.
      We're going to need a few more like them.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #976: Jul 03, 2014 10:31:49 am

;D

Nope.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #977: Jul 03, 2014 10:34:34 am
      It'd really be nice to replace him with a top top player though. Both Chelsea and Arsenal are building on their current first XI whereas we are not.

Arsenal have signed no one yet! We have signed three players already at least one of which is a starting XI player.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #978: Jul 03, 2014 10:39:35 am

The same Arsenal and Chelsea that sold Van Persie and Mata or another Arsenal and Chelsea?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #979: Jul 03, 2014 10:40:49 am

Capitals.

Spelling.

Pot/Kettle.

Never heard it called a log.

Get back down your hole lad.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #980: Jul 03, 2014 10:41:52 am

wat?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #981: Jul 03, 2014 10:45:56 am
      What's the problem here?

a. Luis by all accounts wants to jump into bed with Barca - he doesn't fancy us any more - fine, we don't want players not wanting to be here either
      b. Sanchez wants to play for Arsenal (possibly due to the bright lights of London) not us - fine, again, we don't want players not wanting to be here either
      c. LFC hold all the cards here on a long contract and no Spanish club can do anything about that
      d. Release clause 70m+ at the very least

Win win situation - and worrying over all the details is futile. Just sit back and watch Rodgers go in the transfer market

In all seriousness; the second a player says he wants out, you try to resolve the issue, and if you can't, sell him  on

Only committed players need apply

Also, you don't replace Suarez because you can't replace Suarez. You use the money to strengthen the team in general. I'll go on record and say right now that if Suarez leaves us, we'll be stronger as a cohesive team unit. I trust Rodgers to get that part right. Teams win titles not individuals (Maradonna not withstanding)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #982: Jul 03, 2014 10:52:32 am
      What's the problem here?

a. Luis by all accounts wants to jump into bed with Barca - he doesn't fancy us any more - fine, we don't want players not wanting to be here either
      b. Sanchez wants to play for Arsenal (possibly due to the bright lights of London) not us - fine, again, we don't want players not wanting to be here either
      c. LFC hold all the cards here on a long contract and no Spanish club can do anything about that
      d. Release clause 70m+ at the very least

Win win situation - and worrying over all the details is futile. Just sit back and watch Rodgers go in the transfer market

In all seriousness; the second a player says he wants out, you try to resolve the issue, and if you can't, sell him  on

Only committed players need apply

Also, you don't replace Suarez because you can't replace Suarez. You use the money to strengthen the team in general. I'll go on record and say right now that if Suarez leaves us, we'll be stronger as a cohesive team unit. I trust Rodgers to get that part right. Teams win titles not individuals (Maradonna not withstanding)

Nail on the head there.
      The whole is greater than the sum of the parts, especially with BR in charge.
      Or as Klopp says at Dortmund "The team is the star".

At least today no one is saying that the club will cease to exist if/when Suarez leaves.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #983: Jul 03, 2014 10:53:37 am

Have you only just started watching football? Barcalona lost Ronaldo when he was at the top of his game! They failed to hold onto him. Real are subsidised by the local government so they don't really count do they. All clubs ( Real apart ) sell players.
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #984: Jul 03, 2014 10:55:19 am

Totenham thought that when Bale left...didnt work out too good for them did it.
      If/When Luis leaves we need to spend ALL that money on one striker to replace him, not 5 half decent players. Not an easy task I know, but we need to be replacing like for like as near as we can.

Teams may win titles, but without Suarez we would not have been challenging for the title and wouldnt have finished in the top 4 last season.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #985: Jul 03, 2014 11:01:39 am
      If/When Luis leaves we need to spend ALL that money on one striker to replace him, not 5 half decent players. Not an easy task I know, but we need to be replacing like for like as near as we can.

Teams may win titles, but without Suarez we would not have been challenging for the title and wouldnt have finished in the top 4 last season.

You really want to compare BR with a manager who lost his last 2 jobs, and alienated half the players whilst he was in them.
      There's no comparison to be made.

You also want to spent upwards of 70 million on one player when there is no player available for that price?

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #986: Jul 03, 2014 11:02:39 am

Spurs finished with 3 points less last season than the one before with Bale
      Not 25 or 30

I get what you're saying but I agree with Rush that if we replace right with 2 or 3 then we could make up for the massive hole he will leave, and he will leave one

If we brought in Shaqiri and Sanchez for less money than Suarez and then brought the Markovic kid or even looked at Martinez then I think we will be fine

Brendan would change the formation to something like this

Sanchez.         Shaqiri

Sturridge

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #987: Jul 03, 2014 11:03:48 am
      The way I see it, we need Sanchez and James Rodriquez coming in if Suarez goes out
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #988: Jul 03, 2014 11:11:04 am

Are you an English teacher, no wonder this country is turning to sh*t!! :-)

How does loosing one player for £80 million+ constitute a crisis. With that money we'll be able to significantly enhance the team, we may not be winning games with 4 goal margins but we will still be winning games, maybe even more games than last season and hopefully we won't be slipping in as many goals.

Quick Reply