Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Fernandez Suso (Porto)

Read 5945 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Fernandez Suso (Porto)
      Reply #23: Jun 10, 2014 08:32:30 pm

Cheers dude!

I'm 50-50 on Suso and have been for a while. I think that is maybe because I see him as a 50-50 player. Sometimes I think we'd be daft to let him go as a squad with Suso in it would be better than one without him but then it all goes Dani Pacheco on me.

Decent little player but I've never been as excited about him as quite a few have. Massive step up from reserve team regular to Premier League regular.

As Scottie eluded to though, there's one or two I'd rather see go before him if I was being honest but at the same time, I think I'd get behind any decision whether that be we keep him or let him go.

Strange one.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #24: Jun 10, 2014 08:36:41 pm
      Cheers dude!

I'm 50-50 on Suso and have been for a while. I think that is maybe because I see him as a 50-50 player. Sometimes I think we'd be daft to let him go as a squad with Suso in it would be better than one without him but then it all goes Dani Pacheco on me.

Decent little player but I've never been as excited about him as quite a few have. Massive step up from reserve team regular to Premier League regular.

As Scottie eluded to though, there's one or two I'd rather see go before him if I was being honest but at the same time, I think I'd get behind any decision whether that be we keep him or let him go.

Strange one.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head for me, I feel the exact same way.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #25: Jun 10, 2014 09:04:10 pm
      Cheers dude!

Strange one.

This all reminds me a bit of Dani when I first joined the board, he was the next greatest thing and people were always bemoaning him not getting minutes or being loaned out. In the end sometimes things just don't work out the way we think they will.

If BR let's Suso walk then he has a reason for it and I trust his judgement.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #26: Jun 10, 2014 09:10:48 pm
      Its possible that with the players the boss might have already lined up to come in that he feels Suso might be surplus.

Yes he has ability yes Id love to see him get a chance but he obviously isn't that high on the bosses list otherwise he simply wouldn't sell him.

If we are selling Id like to see us stick in a first option clause on a buy back

It's OK having them lined up but they may not sign. Taking a risk selling somebody before bringing in a replacement. On the other hand, I get that he wants to be playing regular football and I support his claim BUT what does he call regular football? Because we just came second in the league, if he wants to be starting in favour of Coutinho and Sterling then he's going to need to show how much he has improved. That's why its always difficult sending players out on loan to other countries because the comparisons are difficult to make.

I'd love for him to stay and I really want him to. I think he deserves a proper shot at it which he hasn't yet been given.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #27: Jun 10, 2014 09:16:48 pm
      I think he deserves a proper shot at it which he hasn't yet been given.

Not a dig mate but I never can understand how people can say this about players. We don't see what Rodgers sees. I imagine Flanno and Sterling deserved their shots and when they did they took it.

Point being, if he deserved a proper shot and was good enough chances are Brendan would have given him what was due and there wouldn't be talk of us letting him f**k off for pennies a year before his contract is due.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #28: Jun 10, 2014 09:18:37 pm
      People are looking into this far too much. The source is a shitty blog with quotes from some freelance writer who I'm sure if he had any sort of credit to him then we'd have heard of him before.

Until I see something from a RELIABLE or at least a half reliable source, I won't be giving any thought into any possibility of Suso leaving.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #29: Jun 10, 2014 09:20:06 pm
      This all reminds me a bit of Dani when I first joined the board, he was the next greatest thing and people were always bemoaning him not getting minutes or being loaned out. In the end sometimes things just don't work out the way we think they will.

Can't compare Pacheco to Suso though mate Suso has already shown on loan last season he can cut it at the highest level, something Dani never did.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #30: Jun 10, 2014 09:20:44 pm
      People are looking into this far too much. The source is a shitty blog with quotes from some freelance writer who I'm sure if he had any sort of credit to him then we'd have heard of him before.

Until I see something from a RELIABLE or at least a half reliable source, I won't be giving any thought into any possibility of Suso leaving.

Is right.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #31: Jun 10, 2014 09:21:23 pm

Kin ell Kenny lad, it is June like. sh*te sources become great sources all of a sudden as long as they give us something to waffle about.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #32: Jun 10, 2014 09:23:31 pm
      Kin ell Kenny lad, it is June like. Sh*te sources become great sources all of a sudden as long as they give us something to waffle about.

My mistake ;)
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #33: Jun 10, 2014 09:36:33 pm
      Or Nemeth.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #34: Jun 10, 2014 09:42:28 pm
      Can't compare Pacheco to Suso though mate Suso has already shown on loan last season he can cut it at the highest level, something Dani never did.

Not comparing the players, I was comparing the idea that everybody thought Dani was the end all be all and 4 managers later he still could not get time, as WAHS so aptly mentions, Brendan sees more of these guys in a week then we do in a year so I will go with what he thinks.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #35: Jun 10, 2014 11:45:19 pm

I don't know mate, I can't say I ever watched Pacheco and thought we've got a player on our hands here, he never really caught my eye. He just seemed to be one of those players everybody assumed was gonna do well but of course he never actually got a game. At least with Suso we have had the chance to see some decent performances in the first team, we've also seen him dominate at youth level for Spain and her has also had a good season on loan this past year. Pacheco on the other hand, I don't even know if he has made it stick at any club, let alone La Liga. I think Suso is a class above Pacheco but I can see the similarities in terms of the fans perception of the player.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #36: Jun 11, 2014 06:39:04 pm

Apparently his agent (Juame Serra) has come out today and said nothing about Porto but that 3 Italian sides have enquired about him - they being AC Milan, Fiorentina and surprise surprise Rafa.

These are quotes directly attributed from him "My priority is to stay here[at Liverpool], but Porto is an excellent option if I leave Liverpool. I know there’s negotiations.

Porto are the best club in Portugal and they have faith in their youngsters. They also have a coach I like working with[Lopetegui].

I will only renew with Liverpool if I’m guaranteed I’ll play regularly. The option is clear if I don’t renew: let me leave.

I think Liverpool thinks the same. They won’t let me leave on a free in a year if I don’t renew. Let see what happens."
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #37: Jun 11, 2014 06:56:29 pm
      If we sell any of these youngsters, Alberto, Suso or Yesil, we have to insert buy back clauses. Apparently Arsenal are going to take up the option they put in to buy back Carlos Vela, years after he left the club. It's a good example of a player coming good a few years down the line. We can't afford to do what Chelsea did with Matic and just buy him back for a big fee, but at the same time we don't want to completely lose a player that could turn into a valuable member of our squad.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #38: Jun 11, 2014 09:48:06 pm
      stay and fight please suso!!
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #39: Jun 11, 2014 10:03:40 pm
      if he must leave, please let it be AC Milan
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #40: Jun 12, 2014 01:15:28 am
      He's a billion times better than Pacheco ever was. I'd be disappointed but at the end of the day if Brendan doesn't want him then not much left to do than sell him.

Think he'll be a fine player in the future if he does find a club he can settle at. Some lower EPL clubs could do a lot worse.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #41: Jun 12, 2014 02:59:30 am
      feel like this is just like the sahin situation. both players want to play central midfield but BR cannot offer that in his system. both players don't have the attributes to play wing, they can't play striker, and prefer not to play attacking mid.. but, we saw coutinho adapt to a central midfield role, the most advanced of the three but still with the responsibilities of tracking back and helping the engine room, coutinho's pressing is outstanding. why can't suso do this? perhaps the manager can see suso doesn't have the strength or something. it'll be interesting to go back and watch the games where we had suso (the only one firmly in my mind is the norwich game we played in purple and won 5-2) and see his pressing game, maybe it just isn't there or good enough for a career in the premier league.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #42: Aug 30, 2014 07:30:35 pm
      Hope it's not true - it is the Mail afterall!

The only feasable way this deal could make sense is if Brendan doesn't see a future for the lad and it's also an oportunity for the club to change the terms of Balo's fee. It'll be a crying shame if he were to leave and I'd just hope Ayre would have at least some common sense and insist on buy-back or sell-on clauses.

I'd prefer him to stay personally... and I think he'd get 'some' playimg time. Plus - all it'll take is a couple of injuries to get further call-ups too.

Him and the strong rumours of Lucas going also is IMO one too many.

AC Milan in talks with Liverpool over signing Suso on a season-long loan deal

AC Milan in talks to sign Liverpool midfielder Suso on a season-long loan
             Milan's offer includes a view to a permanent transfer next summer
             20-year-old has made just 20 appearances since his Anfield debut in 2012

By Simon Jones for MailOnline

Published: 11:22, 30 August 2014 | Updated: 13:36, 30 August 2014

Liverpool are in talks with AC Milan about offloading Suso on a season-long loan deal.

Milan's offer for the Spaniard includes the view to a permanent transfer the following summer.

The Spanish midfielder officially arrived from Cadiz CF in the summer of 2010 but has only made 20 appearances in total since making his debut in a Europa League victory over Swiss side Young Boys in 2012.

The 20-year-old spent last term on loan at Spanish side Almeria and is likely to find regular first team football hard to come by at Anfield this campaign.

Suso scored three goals in 33 league appearances for the La Liga outfit as they finished 17th - one point above safety last season.

If the Spaniard were to move to Italy, it would be the second transfer to happen between the clubs following Mario Balotelli's £16million move to Liverpool earlier in August.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2738382/Liverpool-midfielder-Suso-wanted-AC-Milan-season-long-loan-deal.html
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #43: Aug 30, 2014 07:54:46 pm
      Not sure if any truth in it, but his chances this season will be even more limited than last, so might not be a bad idea - get more regular football and see if he makes strides...
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #44: Aug 30, 2014 08:54:52 pm
      All for a loan out to a league that is competitive and is similar in style to the prem.
      the Italian league would be a waste of his progression
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #45: Aug 30, 2014 09:12:42 pm
      Correct me If I'm wrong, but Isn't he on his final year of his contract?

Quick Reply