Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

GROUP A Match Topic: (Brazil, Mexico, Croatia, Cameroon)

Read 19779 times
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Re: GROUP A Match Topic: (Brazil, Mexico, Croatia, Cameroon)
      Reply #184: Jun 17, 2014 10:37:32 pm
      This draw is a bad result for Croatia.

two wins is a must now (ok draw against Cameroon and win whit two goals difference is also mathematically enough).  But Mexico was brilliant today, it is going to be very hard.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #185: Jun 17, 2014 10:46:08 pm
      Neymar is better now than Ronaldinho was back then IMO. Ronaldinho only made a difference against England, other than that he was just a supporting act at best; Rivaldo and Ronaldo carried that team. At his prime, Ronaldinho was a failure in World Cups (2006).
      Without Ronaldinho Brazil wouldn't have beat England to win the WC in 2002. Quite a big statement when Neymar hasn't won the world cup yet.
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #186: Jun 17, 2014 11:23:34 pm
      If we are talking about players in clubs either Ronaldinho got an standing ovation on Bernambeu, wich says enaugh how good he was
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #187: Jun 17, 2014 11:55:28 pm
      Without Ronaldinho Brazil wouldn't have beat England to win the WC in 2002. Quite a big statement when Neymar hasn't won the world cup yet.

... I said specifically that England was the only game where Ronaldinho actually made a difference. And you don't have to win a World Cup to be a better player than someone who has.

Kleberson is a World Cup winner. Gerrard isn't. Guess who's better. Give me a break.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #188: Jun 17, 2014 11:56:09 pm
      If we are talking about players in clubs either Ronaldinho got an standing ovation on Bernambeu, wich says enaugh how good he was

Ronaldinho never was for Brazil even half the player he was for Barcelona.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #189: Jun 17, 2014 11:58:20 pm
      Can't believe they picked Hulk and Fred over Coutinho. Hulk was painfully woeful against Croatia and Fred was just as bad as that today.

Fred and Hulk weren't picked over Coutinho, they play in very different positions, Fred in particular... Coutinho would never play as a number 9 inside the box.
      Oscar, Willian - those guys have been picked over Coutinho.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #190: Jun 18, 2014 12:01:26 am
      Why put Scolari in? Did Brazil the Brazilian politicians fear losing and it's implications so much. I mean there is a way Brazil play. That team of defenders don't even have great technique. I don't think there was a passage of play. I wait for the World Cup to watch brazil and I get that. I know it's one game but I can't see the play improving.

Not a fan of bringing him back either, though I was very happy to see the back of Mano Menezes, his predecessor, who's a bloody idiot who should have never been given the privilege to command the seleção.

To be fair though, this same team played MUCH better football at the Confederations Cup. They can and probably will get better than that. I usually don't mind group stage games too much, but I agree the early signs are worrisome, especially considering we might get a very difficult opponent in the round of 16.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #191: Jun 18, 2014 12:23:28 am
      Fred and Hulk weren't picked over Coutinho, they play in very different positions, Fred in particular... Coutinho would never play as a number 9 inside the box.
      Oscar, Willian - those guys have been picked over Coutinho.

I mean more in the sense that I don't think their form warranted a call up more than than Coutinho's, particularly Hulk who had a pretty poor season with Zenit didn't he? Can remember him being heavily criticized at one point. I know they play in different positions but like I say, really don't think either of them have shown more than what Coutinho has over the last 18 months.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #192: Jun 18, 2014 01:08:10 am
      Not a fan of bringing him back either, though I was very happy to see the back of Mano Menezes, his predecessor, who's a bloody idiot who should have never been given the privilege to command the seleção.

To be fair though, this same team played MUCH better football at the Confederations Cup. They can and probably will get better than that. I usually don't mind group stage games too much, but I agree the early signs are worrisome, especially considering we might get a very difficult opponent in the round of 16.

The pressure must be immense on Brazil to win the world cup.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #193: Jun 18, 2014 11:03:52 am
      After watching the game again, I think it's fair to say that emotion and anxiety got the better of a few players.
      They were trying to force things instead of playing their natural game is how it seemed to me.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #194: Jun 18, 2014 02:40:40 pm
      Without Ronaldinho Brazil wouldn't have beat England to win the WC in 2002.

Ha ha ha behave! Before you start going on about Ronaldinho's goal, let's not forget captain shithouse and his leaping out of a tackle which led to the equaliser and if it wasn't Ronaldinho scoring it would of been someone else.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #195: Jun 18, 2014 02:48:20 pm
      Ronaldinho never was for Brazil even half the player he was for Barcelona.

Sounds like Messi...

YEAH I WENT THERE ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #196: Jun 19, 2014 12:09:53 am
      WELL DESERVED 2-0 lead from Croatia - they got shafted against Brazil so I'm made up to see them heading for a result here. 

It's going to be a fantastic final game in that group
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #197: Jun 19, 2014 12:23:38 am
      Well deserved by Croatia they look pretty decent.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #198: Jun 19, 2014 12:30:45 am
      Itandje is awful :D
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #199: Jun 19, 2014 12:36:28 am
       I was expecting a bit more from Cameroon but they have been sh*te on par with Spain for most disappointing teams in the WC.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #200: Jun 19, 2014 12:50:02 am
      Those Cameroon players are playing for themselves, looking for a world cup goal. No teamwork at all
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #201: Jun 19, 2014 12:50:07 am
      I was expecting a bit more from Cameroon but they have been sh*te on par with Spain for most disappointing teams in the WC.

They're truly awful. Conceded 3 against Mexico (I'm counting the two incorrectly disallowed goals) and now 4 against Croatia. Ridiculous.
      Wouldn't say they're one of the most disappointing teams in the WC though, in terms of expectations, I never really expected them to do too much.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #202: Jun 19, 2014 12:59:51 am
      Assou ekotto what a bell end
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #203: Jun 19, 2014 01:13:58 am
      Mexico v Croatia will be a very interesting and tight match. I think Mexico hold the ball better and have greater coherence to their play but Croatia have the bigger threat in front of goal.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #204: Jun 19, 2014 01:20:30 am
      Mexico v Croatia will be a very interesting and tight match. I think Mexico hold the ball better and have greater coherence to their play but Croatia have the bigger threat in front of goal.

Will be a great game. Pulling for Croatia in that one. They should have 4 points instead of 3, but theatrics ruled the opener, sadly.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,317 posts | 6379 
      Reply #205: Jun 19, 2014 02:18:28 pm
      Will be a great game. Pulling for Croatia in that one. They should have 4 points instead of 3, but theatrics ruled the opener, sadly.

Pulling for Concacaf myself. Hope Mexico advance.
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #206: Jun 19, 2014 03:39:54 pm
      Great game, but Cameron is really bad. Can't wait for Mexico game, it is going to be tight one

Hope that Pranjic is not starting against Mexico in left fullback (there were leaks on that side whole game) and also Sammir has no place in first 11

Quick Reply