Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

GROUP A Match Topic: (Brazil, Mexico, Croatia, Cameroon)

Read 19757 times
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Re: GROUP A Match Topic: (Brazil, Mexico, Croatia, Cameroon)
      Reply #230: Jun 23, 2014 10:45:13 pm
      And Croatia scored as well
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #231: Jun 23, 2014 10:56:47 pm
      Neymar is fantastic. World Cup top goalscorer so far, 4 goals in 3 games.
      Brazil still do not look as good as they were during the Confederations Cup, but I always expect them to grow during the competition, I never care too much when we start slowly.

Paulinho has been in very poor form and Fernandinho had an immediate impact when he came on. It wouldn't surprise me if Fernandinho started the next game alongside Luiz Gustavo, who is a pretty good player too.

Fred finally scored and he wasn't offside after all, the broadcasting got it wrong in regards to where they drew the offside line in the replay.

As for the other game............  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

;)
      Bier
      Reply #232: Jun 23, 2014 11:01:17 pm
      Barely missed out on another Brazil-Netherlands game Diego! But I'm quite happy with Mexico as opponent.

Tournament really starting for me now, I'm going to be nervous as hell this weekend. Brazil-Chile should be good too.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #233: Jun 23, 2014 11:04:06 pm
      Barely missed out on another Brazil-Netherlands game Diego! But I'm quite happy with Mexico as opponent.

Tournament really starting for me now, I'm going to be nervous as hell this weekend.

I wanted us to face Holland because I really didn't want to play against Chile, as they've grown on me immensely ever since I saw Chile vs Spain at the Maracanã.

However, Brazil do have a great record against Chile, in 2010 we demolished them in the round of 16, before losing to Holland in the quarter finals.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #234: Jun 23, 2014 11:18:14 pm
      Diego, is Hulk as piss poor as he looks mate?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #235: Jun 23, 2014 11:21:55 pm

Also how piss poor was Oscar tonight?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #236: Jun 23, 2014 11:26:42 pm

I don't watch Russian football mate so I don't know how he's been doing there, but for Brazil, he's often the weakest link in the attacking force. During the Confederations Cup, he wasn't too bad and did an important tactical job of tracking back and protecting Daniel Alves who otherwise might have been badly exposed, but still failed to score despite the fact the team was scoring quite a lot of goals.

Now in the World Cup, he's been one of our worst players. I don't think he's that bad, but he seems to be struggling with confidence as well, mostly because, being relatively unknown here before he started playing for the national team (he left the country very early, so he doesn't have any reputation here, and a lot of people don't watch much European football so they know very little of him), the fans will turn against him (and did, especially in some friendlies) much earlier than they would turn against other players that are more respected over here.

So I do think it affects his confidence and his ability to play his natural game... he was pretty good for Porto, I can't believe that's all he has to offer.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #237: Jun 23, 2014 11:28:05 pm
      I don't know how bigger clubs let Luiz Gustavo go to Wolfsburg. He had a place in much better sides.

Has an argument for best in the world at his position
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #238: Jun 23, 2014 11:36:03 pm
      I don't watch Russian football mate so I don't know how he's been doing there, but for Brazil, he's often the weakest link in the attacking force. During the Confederations Cup, he wasn't too bad and did an important tactical job of tracking back and protecting Daniel Alves who otherwise might have been badly exposed, but still failed to score despite the fact the team was scoring quite a lot of goals.

Now in the World Cup, he's been one of our worst players. I don't think he's that bad, but he seems to be struggling with confidence as well, mostly because, being relatively unknown here before he started playing for the national team (he left the country very early, so he doesn't have any reputation here, and a lot of people don't watch much European football so they know very little of him), the fans will turn against him (and did, especially in some friendlies) much earlier than they would turn against other players that are more respected over here.

So I do think it affects his confidence and his ability to play his natural game... he was pretty good for Porto, I can't believe that's all he has to offer.

I have seen him only a few times, but never seen him play well yet. Got a fierce shot, but doesn't seem like a Brazil striker to me. Neither does Fred, but every time I see Fred play he seems to score.

Maybe Hulk is there just to take the kicks and knocks for Neymar  ?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #239: Jun 23, 2014 11:43:35 pm
      Maybe Hulk is there just to take the kicks and knocks for Neymar  ?

Not tonight he wasn't, Neymar as good as he was tonight, was constantly being put on his ass.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #240: Jun 24, 2014 12:15:24 am
      Mexico were excellent. THey can defend, they are threatening from set pieces, they can counter and they can play a passing game. Holland will need to be very good in that game. Holland look strong and focussed. If Mexico can handle Robben they may just get there.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #241: Jun 24, 2014 05:07:18 am
      Congratulations and well done to Mexico.

Fully deserved win and progress into the last 16 they were the better team from the get go and I wish them all the luck in the tournament. They were more agressive, intelligent, disciplined and clinical on the day so no complaints for me.

And as for you fuckwith I really was going to let it slide and be the bigger man but clearly you are as cuntish as I have thought and stated on this very forum the last week or so. I will have the last laugh of that I am sure.

Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #242: Jun 24, 2014 10:03:24 am
      I'm so disappointed right now. Expected more from Modrić and Rakitć, but they are just not the same players in Croatia as in clubs. We chocked in most important game, but have to admit that Maxico was far better in this game and they deserved to win. Wish them luck in KO stages, there team spirit is amazing.   
      DanMann

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #243: Jun 24, 2014 01:25:25 pm
      Mexico have done so well. Really deserved!

Cameroon on the other hand have been appalling. Worst team in the tournament. They put in zero effort yesterday, and that was disappointing as I was hoping Croatia and Mexico would go through together. :)
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #244: Jun 24, 2014 02:23:40 pm
      Credit to Mexico. They have been fantastic in the group stage and definitely deserve to be moving on. They should also thanks Graham Zusi and the United States for playing to win vs Panama, because Mexico wouldn't have even gotten a playoff match without that stoppage time goal :laugh:

Croatia, though, I found to be disappointing in that match. I really expected them to play better than they did.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #245: Jun 24, 2014 10:18:43 pm
      And as for you fuckwith I really was going to let it slide and be the bigger man but clearly you are as cuntish as I have thought and stated on this very forum the last week or so. I will have the last laugh of that I am sure.

Relax, I can take provocation as a grown up. Especially from our favorite world cup openers adversaries.

Mexico's manager Miguel Herrera is a nutjob. Some of his reactions are hilarious:

:lmao: :lmao:

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #246: Jun 30, 2014 12:07:08 am
      Got Mexico in a sweep, fingers crossed.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #247: Jun 30, 2014 12:39:46 am
      Got Mexico in a sweep, fingers crossed.

Eh?

They're out, buddy.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #248: Jun 30, 2014 09:29:46 am

Already knew Res, prior to me logging on me mate txt me winding me up about being out of the sweep. He was a bit less pleasant than you with the news bulletin. Was out all last night on the lash so wasn't up to date with the results.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #249: Jun 30, 2014 12:51:18 pm
      Arjen Robben admits he dived and apologises:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28082629
      « Last Edit: Jun 30, 2014 01:01:25 pm by stuey »
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #250: Jul 09, 2014 02:07:05 am

I will have the last laugh of that I am sure.

You certainly called that right!
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #251: Jul 09, 2014 03:40:05 am

I certainly did mate.

Quick Reply