Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

GROUP A Match Topic: (Brazil, Mexico, Croatia, Cameroon)

Read 19793 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: GROUP A Match Topic: (Brazil, Mexico, Croatia, Cameroon)
      Reply #46: Jun 12, 2014 10:52:20 pm
      Spawny bas**rds.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #47: Jun 12, 2014 10:52:28 pm
      Oscar has been immense. Best player on the pitch, well deserved that goal. So classy too.

David Luiz is awesome as well. And so charismatic, impossible to dislike the guy.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #48: Jun 12, 2014 10:53:20 pm
      Thought Croatia should have had a free in the build up there

Don't be daft, that would displease The Don.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #49: Jun 12, 2014 10:53:20 pm
      Should be picking up maximum points on the prediction league thanks for Oscar. Was meant to put Neymar as my captain too but it's Messi, never mind! :)
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #50: Jun 12, 2014 10:54:21 pm
      Oscar has been immense. Best player on the pitch, well deserved that goal. So classy too.

David Luiz is awesome as well. And so charismatic, impossible to dislike the guy.

Agree, modric aside not one of this Croatian 11 would be first 11 starters in my opinion.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #51: Jun 12, 2014 10:56:46 pm
      Hope the officiating isn't that horrible for the rest of the tournament.

That ref shouldn't get another game.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #52: Jun 12, 2014 11:00:31 pm
      Shockin decision for the peno. And the decision w.r.t. the disallowed goal for foul on keeper. Terrible referreeing. Draw probably would've been fair. 3-1 extreemly flattering. Brazil showed some character coming back from 1-0 down, but they don't look any great shakes. Hulk and Fred anonymous.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #53: Jun 12, 2014 11:00:32 pm
      Agree with Diego in saying Oscar was the best player on the pitch. Fought for every ball, and even though he's not the biggest he won a lot of 50-50's. Such a shame that the game was spoilt by a terrible decision.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #54: Jun 12, 2014 11:03:10 pm
      Whatever team you support you wouldn't want to come up against Brazil in this World Cup. Not because they can't be beat (I think their defence was found wanting at times tonight and against better attackers, of which there are many, they'll be found out) but because the officiating will clearly feel pressurised to award Brazil light free kicks and penalties. There was a lot of claims of corruption regarding the hosts South Korea and their somewhat farcical wins against Spain and Italy in 2002 - let's hope this World Cup doesn't suffer from the same accusations.

That said Oscar was brilliant, Neymar very good and Luiz and Gustavo excellent in clearing up at the back. I do like those latter pair!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #55: Jun 12, 2014 11:03:57 pm
      I don't think it was a penalty but it was a foul on Julio Cesar.

As for Oscar, yeah he does much work that often goes unnoticed, especially in defense. He's not a big guy but he fights for balls constantly; he reminds me a bit of Deco in that respect, another creative attacking midfielder that worked hard for the team.

I would love watching RedPuppy watching the 1966 World Cup.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #56: Jun 12, 2014 11:09:11 pm
      I don't think it was a penalty but it was a foul on Julio Cesar.

As for Oscar, yeah he does much work that often goes unnoticed, especially in defense. He's not a big guy but he fights for balls constantly; he reminds me a bit of Deco in that respect, another creative attacking midfielder that worked hard for the team.

I would love watching RedPuppy watching the 1966 World Cup.

Why? I was 3 at the time. I don't think id be that interesting to watch.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #57: Jun 12, 2014 11:09:54 pm
      Why? I was 3 at the time. I don't think id be that interesting to watch.

I don't know. You seem to enjoy host nations getting decisions their way.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #58: Jun 12, 2014 11:13:46 pm

How can i agree so much with the first sentence of a post but disagree so much with the remainder.

Oscar is class.
      David Luiz is a dirty scumbag. Hes a crap footballer. He goes in 2 footed on every tackle. An average striker who makes him commit before standing still, will make a mockery of him. There are better defensive mids out there. There are a lot better CB's out there too. He's also arrogant as f**k which automatically dismisses him from me ever wanting him in the squad of the team i support.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #59: Jun 12, 2014 11:17:00 pm
      Nothing against host nations.

The difference then, it was the ref and linesman who gave the decision. None of the players went down like a bunch of pansies, as if they'd been shot.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #60: Jun 12, 2014 11:18:58 pm
      David Luiz is a dirty scumbag. Hes a crap footballer. He goes in 2 footed on every tackle. An average striker who makes him commit before standing still, will make a mockery of him. There are better defensive mids out there. There are a lot better CB's out there too. He's also arrogant as f**k which automatically dismisses him from me ever wanting him in the squad of the team i support.

:D You have something personal against him. He's never seriously injured anyone, he goes for the ball; with intensity, yes, but he's not dirty.
      And he's not arrogant, he's confident, yes, but not one to diminish anyone. A better player than Daniel "good boy" Agger.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #61: Jun 12, 2014 11:23:30 pm
      David Luiz is a better defender than most give him credit for. He's not afraid to put himself in tricky positions and marshalls the field in front of the defence very well. A good leader as well. In fact, when Rafa managed him for that short period last year, he really showed his worth.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #62: Jun 12, 2014 11:23:57 pm
      How can i agree so much with the first sentence of a post but disagree so much with the remainder.

Oscar is class.

Have to disagree mate, I thought Luiz was pretty good tonight, he controls his area well.

Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #63: Jun 12, 2014 11:31:36 pm
      Your opinions.
      I would never have him in my squad. Hes a liability and will break some legs in his time due to being reckless. He cant defend for sh*t either. He just goes full in, never stays on his feet hence making his "clearances" more impressive. 

Wait till he get sent off and Brazil get knocked out, ill have the last laugh.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #64: Jun 12, 2014 11:35:43 pm
      Your opinions.
      I would never have him in my squad. Hes a liability and will break some legs in his time due to being reckless. He cant defend for sh*t either. He just goes full in, never stays on his feet hence making his "clearances" more impressive. 

Wait till he get sent off and Brazil get knocked out, ill have the last laugh.

Waiting then. Last tournament you were waiting for him to get sent off, but he was just brilliant, saved a goal on the line in the final and lifted the trophy. I wouldn't mind the same ending.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #65: Jun 12, 2014 11:38:32 pm
      Waiting then. Last tournament you were waiting for him to get sent off, but he was just brilliant, saved a goal on the line in the final and lifted the trophy. I wouldn't mind the same ending.

I was also rating Suarez 4 years ago and he saved a goal on the line, which i would expect anyone playing for their country to do. Whether it was right or not is another story.

I'm backing Aguero and Argentina this time around, so hope your wrong, we'll have to wait and see :)
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #66: Jun 13, 2014 12:10:14 am
      Mexico vs Cameroon next!

Need some motivation for this game, any star players to look out for? anyone we've been linked to from either team? :D
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #67: Jun 13, 2014 12:18:08 am
      Entertaining game but the ref got all three major decisions wrong which killed it a bit.

Croatia should go through if they play like that in the next two games.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #68: Jun 13, 2014 12:32:08 am
      I thought the weak link for Brazil was Julio Cesar who looks like he was still playing MLS, few dodgy saves and luck the ref saved his ass on the foul call on Olic.

Quick Reply