Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

General WC Chat

Read 14998 times
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      General WC Chat
      Jun 12, 2014 07:46:58 pm
      Just watched the opening ceremony.

40 minutes of my life that I'll never, ever get back.

Guessing it wasn't just me that thought it was sh*te? I found the Nike ads to be more entertaining than the ceremony itself.

Couldn't even hear Pitbull & J-Lo. Their sound system must have been knackered!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: General WC Chat
      Reply #1: Jun 12, 2014 08:06:48 pm
      ITV coverage makes me want to cut my wrists! Painful with Adrian Chiles and then the sketchshow of Hoddle and Wright, the way they are going on sat round that table makes me think it's some crappy BBC3 show attempting to be funny.

As for the opening ceremony, fell asleep and then woke up to what sounded like my TV breaking when it was in fact Pitbul and co. To top it all off, if I have to keep hearing "Brazil, Brazil" everytime they go to an advert then I will have some sort of bi*ch fit. Piss poor start to the World Cup with ITV and the opening ceremony! Let's hope the main thing its all about, the football, isn't a let down.

Finally, that poll they done about Sterling or Welbeck, whoever voted for Welbeck must be some sort of c**t.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #2: Jun 12, 2014 08:13:05 pm
      Just watched the opening ceremony.

40 minutes of my life that I'll never, ever get back.

Guessing it wasn't just me that thought it was sh*te? I found the Nike ads to be more entertaining than the ceremony itself.

Couldn't even hear Pitbull & J-Lo. Their sound system must have been knackered!

Not hearing Pitbull isn't a bad thing.

But yeah it was God awful.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #3: Jun 12, 2014 08:15:42 pm
      The opening ceremony was really poor. Just boring, totally uninteresting.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #4: Jun 12, 2014 08:16:36 pm
      You know when you are forced to share some bollocks small chat with your neighbour if you happen to leave the house together at the same time? That's what ITV's coverage with Adrian Chiles is like except the pasty-faced midlands fuckwit is in your house on surround sound.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #5: Jun 12, 2014 08:19:53 pm
      Shouldn't we have a thread for each match?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #6: Jun 12, 2014 10:26:17 pm
      Shouldn't we have a thread for each match?

I don't think for every match would be necessary really, games like Ivory Coast vs Japan or Iran vs Nigeria for example, aren't going to have much attention paid to them to warrant it really. A match topic for each group is more than adequate, later on in the competition I expect it could become the case though.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,059 posts | 2745 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #7: Jun 12, 2014 10:28:38 pm
      Who is Fred banging to get in that team??
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #8: Jun 13, 2014 12:14:21 am
      Hey Diego, you are Brazilian?

Just curious, How do Brazilians feel about the loss of D.Costa to Spain and Do you guys actually rate Fred, Jo and Hulk over D.Costa?
      Bier
      Reply #9: Jun 13, 2014 01:52:04 am
      Dozens of Dutch supporters have been robbed and pickpocketed in Salvador while watching the opening game at a fanzone. Stories of people being surrounded by large groups who then robbed them. One of the victims was a 94 year old man. Dutch police that travelled with the supporters are saying it's a bigger problem than at previous tournaments.
      « Last Edit: Jun 13, 2014 02:12:10 am by Bier »
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #10: Jun 13, 2014 11:42:47 am
      Wayne Rooney wants to be England's Luis Suarez.....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #11: Jun 13, 2014 11:49:18 am
      Hey Diego, you are Brazilian?

Just curious, How do Brazilians feel about the loss of D.Costa to Spain and Do you guys actually rate Fred, Jo and Hulk over D.Costa?

Diego Costa has no history in Brazilian football, so many people here underrate him; others love Fred because he plays here and they watch him score every week.
      But mostly it was seen as a big loss to Brazil, especially considering how 'weak' we are in that department. In other days, perhaps he wouldn't have been missed so much (back when we had guys like Ronaldo, Adriano, and so on), but I'd definitely have him over Fred and especially Jô. I don't think many people prefer Jô over Diego Costa - you'd have to be crazy to do that :D

Fred is a good goalscorer though, but isn't half as good as he thinks he is. I do think he'll score his fair share of goals in the tournament anyway, like he did in the Confederations Cup.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #12: Jun 13, 2014 12:23:28 pm
      Dozens of Dutch supporters have been robbed and pickpocketed in Salvador while watching the opening game at a fanzone. Stories of people being surrounded by large groups who then robbed them. One of the victims was a 94 year old man. Dutch police that travelled with the supporters are saying it's a bigger problem than at previous tournaments.

That is F***ing terrible.

There was a major expectation that stuff like this would happen though, so it's not altogether surprising.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #13: Jun 13, 2014 12:25:42 pm
      No sleight on Brazil obviously, all national teams play different nowadays, but I remember the first world cup I watched was Spain 82 and Brazil were magnificent. You didn't care if they won you just wanted to watch them play. I think Brazil is a long way from that now. I wish they would return to playing the brazilian way and fu*k the result. The results will come, people want the football.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #14: Jun 13, 2014 12:26:27 pm
      No sleight on Brazil obviously, all national teams play different nowadays, but I remember the first world cup I watched was Spain 82 and Brazil were magnificent. You didn't care if they won you just wanted to watch them play. I think Brazil is a long way from that now. I wish they would return to playing the brazilian way and fu*k the result. The results will come, people want the football.

You'll never get that with Scolari.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #15: Jun 13, 2014 12:56:02 pm
      I have a feeling Brazil will fall at the Semi final stage. Germany v Argentina in the final.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #16: Jun 13, 2014 01:15:39 pm
      Thanks for the insight on Costa, Diego, I was always curious from a Brazilian point of view.

It's a shame to see Neymar wasted at Barca, he offers so much more as the #10 rather than out wide. I don't think he'll be the focal point whilst Messi is there. He should just hand in a transfer request and then for us to sign him :D

Also, whenever I watch Brazil, I feel they're missing something, perhaps a midfield general? I guess it's because I'm so used to watching the likes of Gerrard or Alonso take control so watching teams without a General in the middle feels like there's a hole in the team :D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #17: Jun 13, 2014 02:17:38 pm
      It's a shame to see Neymar wasted at Barca, he offers so much more as the #10 rather than out wide. I don't think he'll be the focal point whilst Messi is there. He should just hand in a transfer request and then for us to sign him :D

We have Suarez as our focal point ;)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,170 posts | 6344 
      Reply #18: Jun 13, 2014 02:19:41 pm
      I have a feeling Brazil will fall at the Semi final stage. Germany v Argentina in the final.

That's who I've picked in all the brackets I've completed.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,070 posts | 8516 
      Reply #19: Jun 13, 2014 03:43:40 pm

No thanks, don't think he's all that imo, would rather stick with Studge, Raz and Luis!!

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #20: Jun 13, 2014 03:45:56 pm
      No thanks, don't think he's all that imo, would rather stick with Studge, Raz and Luis!!

Same.. but no harm in having a backup  :D
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #21: Jun 13, 2014 03:47:48 pm

Me neither in all honesty.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #22: Jun 13, 2014 03:58:58 pm

For me Neymar is better than all of those except for Suarez

Usually I'd hate to see Argentina in the WC - especially in Brazilian ground, it would be a tragedy of sorts - but I'm such a big Messi fan that I actually wouldn't mind him lifting the trophy, but IF and only IF he's the hero, scoring the main goals, etc. That way people would stop that unfair statement that you have to win the WC to be the best.

Quick Reply