Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Comics

Read 12262 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Comics
      Reply #23: Apr 03, 2018 10:34:40 pm
      Wedons Astonishing X-Men run had Ord of the Breakworld. It was the first appearance of Ord. Who was a great villain. Ord came to Earth to destroy mutants and stop them from destroying his planet. He used technology from his planet and used Colossus to go after mutants. John Cassady did the art. After Whedon left it was written by Warren Ellis.

Ah, I don't think I read those, the one I was thinking of is the Grant Morrison run which was epic!!!!

The Captain America films Winter Soldier and Civil War are by far the best MCU films. Followed up by Guardians. I liked the Avenger's .It was a little too Disney. It should of been more serious like the books. It does a good job of showing how much of an asshole Iron Man is. He created most of the villains and problems, then tells the team they're bad because of the way they fight Starks enemies. I loved seeing Cap knock the sh*t out him.

I would love to see The Ultimates (Didn't Whedon write the first few issues?) turned into films, they are so much darker than the current films and probably one of my fave Marvel books I have read.

Whedon really shouldn't of been blamed for JL. He was brought in at post production and for reshoots. The majority of that movie was still Zack Snyder.

Yeah, It was more the studio that didn't like the dark and gritty route it was going down, so they wanted Snyder to tone it down, and eventually sacked him.

Anyway, I am more DC than Marvel and I hope one day, we will see a series of films that can rival what Marvel has done! Also, I do like topcow stuff, from Darkness to Witchblade! I would love to see that sh*t turned into film someday!
      « Last Edit: Apr 03, 2018 10:42:43 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #24: Apr 04, 2018 05:23:56 am
      I dont think Snyder was fired. Apparently his daughter died. It was either an OD or suicide. It happened right before the post production and reshoots. He resigned and I think Whedon did it more as a favor to help Snyder, WB and DC.I think he was also interested in doing a Wonder Woman film for DC.But thats probably not going to happen now.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #25: Oct 12, 2021 07:46:18 pm
      Just seen that the latest edition of the new superman comics will once again introduce the man of steel.
      But this time he is slightly different.
      For starters he is bisexual. And instead of lex Luther as his nemesis he is now obsessed with climate change, school shootings and, of course, refugees.

They should rename him BoxTickingMan and have him take a knee before every rescue and perhaps change his cape so it’s rainbow colours.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #26: Oct 13, 2021 03:59:12 pm
      Just seen that the latest edition of the new superman comics will once again introduce the man of steel.
      But this time he is slightly different.
      For starters he is bisexual. And instead of lex Luther as his nemesis he is now obsessed with climate change, school shootings and, of course, refugees.

They should rename him BoxTickingMan and have him take a knee before every rescue and perhaps change his cape so it’s rainbow colours.

It's the son of superman, not the original fella. At least get your crying gammon facts right lad.

Quick Reply