Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Group D Match Topic (Costa Rica, England, Italy, Uruguay)

Read 31356 times
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,749 posts | 882 
      Re: Group D Match Topic (Costa Rica, England, Italy, Uruguay)
      Reply #598: Jun 24, 2014 07:47:00 pm
      Haven't you got a team to try and sell Moses to? I'd suggest giving the Premier League and Championship a miss and start at League 1. Then work your way down.

Cheers.

Slightly obsessed aren't you.  :roll:

Victor Moses is all you think about. I'd be a bit worried.. but maybe that's how you roll..
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #599: Jun 24, 2014 07:47:41 pm
      I couldn't care less what that fat w**ker says.

Same here mate, it's just the sound of his voice as he tries reveling in it.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,543 posts | 725 
      Reply #600: Jun 24, 2014 07:50:50 pm
      The english press discussion should be focused on how bland AND mediocre Hodgson is as a coach. Not Suarez
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #601: Jun 24, 2014 07:51:30 pm
      Same here mate, it's just the sound of his voice as he tries reveling in it.

Reminds me of a fella trying to join in a conversation on a subject he knows nothing about, and he won't take no for an answer no matter how many funny looks he gets.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #602: Jun 24, 2014 07:52:01 pm
      Reminds me of a fella trying to join in a conversation on a subject he knows nothing about, and he won't take no for an answer no matter how many funny looks he gets.

Along with his sidekick Hoddle.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #603: Jun 24, 2014 07:52:43 pm
      Slightly obsessed aren't you.  :roll:

Victor Moses is all you think about. I'd be a bit worried.. but maybe that's how you roll..

My post history barely recognises the existence of Moses, let alone as a footballer until you come along. Your obsession and defence of Moses at every turn despite his half arsed attitude to football while collecting such a healthy pay packet contrasts hilariously with your instant dismissal of Luis Suarez, who despite his serious on field temperamental issues, EARNED his wage and status as the incredible footballer he is and isn't some jumped up, overpaid, pathetic little sh*t like Victor F***ing Moses.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #604: Jun 24, 2014 07:55:25 pm

Nah, Hoddle's like the bloke trying to introduce Jesus into a conversation but doesn't quite know how.
      DanMann

• 5,749 posts | 882 
      Reply #605: Jun 24, 2014 07:55:33 pm
      My post history barely recognises the existence of Moses, let alone as a footballer until you come along. Your obsession and defence of Moses at every turn despite his half arsed attitude to football while collecting such a healthy pay packet contrasts hilariously with your instant dismissal of Luis Suarez, who despite his serious on field temperamental issues, EARNED his wage and status as the incredible footballer he is and isn't some jumped up, overpaid, pathetic little sh*t like Victor f**king Moses.

;D Who are you kidding? Not me.

Suarez just bit a player... for the 3rd time in his career. I called him what he is. An absolute disgrace.

Your response.... Victor Moses.

:lmao:

No connection... but there we go. You want to discuss Victor Moses.  :roll:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #606: Jun 24, 2014 07:55:39 pm
      Didn't D.Costa headbutt someone in the 1st game but nothing happened afterwards?

Anyway, I don't know wtf Suarez was thinking but lets look at the positives(If there are any) on this bite, It may put Barca and Real off :O
      DanMann

• 5,749 posts | 882 
      Reply #607: Jun 24, 2014 07:58:13 pm
      On a positive note.. with Suarez banned for the rest of the World Cup... and with that disgusting behaviour.. will that be enough to keep him at Liverpool? He's done himself no favours there.

On the flip side, is he just trying to get Liverpool to push him out?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #608: Jun 24, 2014 07:59:54 pm
      On a positive note.. with Suarez banned for the rest of the World Cup... and with that disgusting behaviour.. will that be enough to keep him at Liverpool? He's done himself no favours there.

Good grief.

Like I said to the last ridiculous post who said about this. I very much doubt he was giving us any thought what so ever during the match and he wouldn't go to lengths of ruling himself out of the rest of the World Cup to do so.

Give your head a wobble.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #609: Jun 24, 2014 08:00:37 pm

I don't think Suarez thinks about things like this during a match.

Actually, I don't think Suarez thinks period ;D
      DanMann

• 5,749 posts | 882 
      Reply #610: Jun 24, 2014 08:02:16 pm
      I don't think Suarez thinks about things like this during a match.

Actually, I don't think Suarez thinks period ;D

:D Fair enough.

He certainly appears to have been thinking before the game about how he could leave though.  ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #611: Jun 24, 2014 08:03:41 pm
      He certainly appears to have been thinking before the game about how he could leave though.

Says who?!

He is yet to come out and say anything. It's all media talk which believe it or not, is barely ever right!  In fact the last thing Suarez was saying regarding his future was that he was happy with us.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #612: Jun 24, 2014 08:09:33 pm
      Suarez just bit a player... for the 3rd time in his career. I called him what he is. An absolute disgrace.

Did you think he was a disgrace when we signed him while serving a ban for biting?

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #613: Jun 24, 2014 08:13:53 pm
      Haha, it's f***in hilarious that he did it again. He'll probably harm Uruguay's chances of progressing if he's banned, but they were never going to win it anyway (sorry Quico :D). To hell with all the false morality that seems to be an integral part of the game in Britain (omg a player cheated his wife, let's write long articles about that; he's bitten someone! it's the end of the world as we know it).

I remember all the fuss about his handball in 2010, many members of this forum calling him names and everything, dirty c**t blablabla, unable to realize how amazing and poetic that moment was. And unsurprisingly, after a few goals they all forgot their high morals and their gentleman mentality still stuck in the 19th century, and turned their rage into adoration for the guy a little later.

Luis Suarez! A World Cup legend. And I'm laughing :D
      DanMann

• 5,749 posts | 882 
      Reply #614: Jun 24, 2014 08:24:38 pm

Luis Suarez! A disgrace. And I'm laughing :D

Corrected for you.

Serious question: How will his imminent ban affect Premier League games? I'm hoping it can't carry over...??
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #615: Jun 24, 2014 08:25:19 pm
      Haha, it's f***in hilarious that he did it again. He'll probably harm Uruguay's chances of progressing if he's banned, but they were never going to win it anyway (sorry Quico :D). To hell with all the false morality that seems to be an integral part of the game in Britain (omg a player cheated his wife, let's write long articles about that; he's bitten someone! it's the end of the world as we know it).

I remember all the fuss about his handball in 2010, many members of this forum calling him names and everything, dirty c**t blablabla, unable to realize how amazing and poetic that moment was. And unsurprisingly, after a few goals they all forgot their high morals and their gentleman mentality still stuck in the 19th century, and turned their rage into adoration for the guy a little later.

Luis Suarez! A World Cup legend. And I'm laughing :D

False morality is one thing but the preening hypocrisy is another. While Suarez was pilloried in the press these isolated incidents, John Terry has got off relatively unscathed despite a career riddled with disgraceful off the pitch actions and vile blatant racist outbursts. Yet this horrible reputation (much worse than Suarez's) didn't prevent the English press in the past week from calling for this 'sweet English rose' to be reinstated to the England team. Institutional racism from the English press - one set of rules for their own and a whole different set of rules for the foreigners.
      DanMann

• 5,749 posts | 882 
      Reply #616: Jun 24, 2014 08:36:26 pm
      If Suarez was a Chelsea player... what would you say about him?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #617: Jun 24, 2014 08:39:10 pm

If he was a Chelsea player there probably wouldn't be such a witch hunt for him.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #618: Jun 24, 2014 09:04:17 pm

If He was a Chelsea player I wouldn't give a shlt about him.  He's our player and while he's a complete nutjob.  he's our nutjob.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #619: Jun 24, 2014 09:04:54 pm
      Prandelli has apparently resigned.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #620: Jun 24, 2014 09:07:12 pm
      Prandelli has apparently resigned.

Such a shame. I hope the Italian FA refuse. He's done a really good job in a pretty average era for Italian football. They should have got to the next round here but that one bad performance against Costa Rica really was enough. Didn't think they deserved to lose today and I thought they were well in control of things until Marchisio got sent off. Prandelli's been unlucky in that respect. A fine manager who deserved better at this tournament.

Quick Reply