Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Group D Match Topic (Costa Rica, England, Italy, Uruguay)

Read 31349 times
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,526 posts | 719 
      Re: Group D Match Topic (Costa Rica, England, Italy, Uruguay)
      Reply #621: Jun 24, 2014 09:08:22 pm
      If Suarez was a Chelsea player... what would you say about him?

I wouldn't expect chelsea to sell him if he did something for Uruguay, let alone in a chelsea shirt.

Lets not forget Arsenal tried to buy him too

Also don't see how one player affects the image of a whole club. That never made sense to me when people say a player makes a club look bad.  ???
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #622: Jun 24, 2014 09:10:08 pm

Can they refuse?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #623: Jun 24, 2014 09:12:57 pm

I doubt it. Italian FA president has also resigned.

So that's Italy out of the World Cup and the manager and the head of thei FA has resigned. And England....
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8543 
      Reply #624: Jun 24, 2014 09:25:04 pm
      Haha, it's f***in hilarious that he did it again. He'll probably harm Uruguay's chances of progressing if he's banned, but they were never going to win it anyway (sorry Quico :D). To hell with all the false morality that seems to be an integral part of the game in Britain (omg a player cheated his wife, let's write long articles about that; he's bitten someone! it's the end of the world as we know it).

I remember all the fuss about his handball in 2010, many members of this forum calling him names and everything, dirty c**t blablabla, unable to realize how amazing and poetic that moment was. And unsurprisingly, after a few goals they all forgot their high morals and their gentleman mentality still stuck in the 19th century, and turned their rage into adoration for the guy a little later.

Luis Suarez! A World Cup legend. And I'm laughing :D

I'm with you Diego! I can't help it, but I love that mad b***ard.

And for those upset about our name being dragged through the mud just remember the phrase "Sticks and stones......" and just revel in the genius and the madness that is Luis Suarez,
      MsGerrard
      Reply #625: Jun 24, 2014 09:38:31 pm
      I am one of Luis Suarez biggest fans, what he did at Liverpool last season was nothing short of superb exhilarating football, he was a pleasure to watch week after week, the goals he scored, the positions he got himself into, the way he fed his teammates was breathtaking, he has everything in his locker so why oh why does he have to do things like he's done tonight, as soon as I saw the incident I was convinced that it was a coming together of heads....I tried to defend him, but having seen the incident again and again I have to admit that he's guilty as hell and I'm finding it very hard to defend or support him at the moment, I just wish he didn't do it and think he seriously needs some anger management to help him.
      I still think he's an absolutely brilliant player and I sincerely hope I see him in the red of Liverpool next season, but he's gonna have to have massively broad shoulders to put up with the abuse he will no doubt receive.....sad, very sad indeed.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #626: Jun 25, 2014 12:29:08 am
      I am one of Luis Suarez biggest fans, what he did at Liverpool last season was nothing short of superb exhilarating football, he was a pleasure to watch week after week, the goals he scored, the positions he got himself into, the way he fed his teammates was breathtaking, he has everything in his locker so why oh why does he have to do things like he's done tonight, as soon as I saw the incident I was convinced that it was a coming together of heads....I tried to defend him, but having seen the incident again and again I have to admit that he's guilty as hell and I'm finding it very hard to defend or support him at the moment, I just wish he didn't do it and think he seriously needs some anger management to help him.
      I still think he's an absolutely brilliant player and I sincerely hope I see him in the red of Liverpool next season, but he's gonna have to have massively broad shoulders to put up with the abuse he will no doubt receive.....sad, very sad indeed.

I understand your point, but  Marchisio rakes his foot down the shin of the Uruguayan and this could break the knee, surely that is more a problem than a bit of niggle. I mean the things that can end careers or cause damage are the real issues surely. Chiellini is very physical and I have seen him sent off many times. No one impunes his character. If Luis is found guilty, then dangerous play maybe and a couple of games. I really can't see the issue. I would say this about any player.
      Bier
      Reply #627: Jun 25, 2014 12:40:49 am
      I understand your point, but  Marchisio rakes his foot down the shin of the Uruguayan and this could break the knee, surely that is more a problem than a bit of niggle. I mean the things that can end careers or cause damage are the real issues surely. Chiellini is very physical and I have seen him sent off many times. No one impunes his character. If Luis is found guilty, then dangerous play maybe and a couple of games. I really can't see the issue. I would say this about any player.

There's been a very long and repetitive discussion about this on this forum back when he bit Ivanovic too. But it's not just about potential damage, it's also about how a person conducts themselfs. For example, you get a ban too when you spit someone in the face. For me it's pretty logical that biting is deemed more unacceptable in football than a kick like the one Marchisio did. It's actually very hard to understand for me how someone could come to biting someone else. You don't have to be crazy to do what Marchisio did, but to bite someone..
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #628: Jun 25, 2014 12:46:42 am
      There's been a very long and repetitive discussion about this on this forum back when he bit Ivanovic too. But it's not just about potential damage, it's also about how a person conducts themselfs. For example, you get a ban too when you spit someone in the face. For me it's pretty logical that biting is deemed more unacceptable in football than a kick like the one Marchisio did. It's actually very hard to understand for me how someone could come to biting someone else. You don't have to be crazy to do what Marchisio did, but to bite someone..
      Well in Suarez's casetey probably give him a lot of personal abuse about his buck teeth so he gives them a first hand view. He isn't fom your background Bier, your probably middle class with a decent education and sense of how things should be. He is probably seen how things really are. For me, personally I wold rather someone took a nibble on my arm than followed through studs up into my knee, and were confirmed by the press as hard but fair.

vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #629: Jun 25, 2014 12:50:41 am

Any way its just a personal opinion. I could care less what the media say as they are just selling something; the more sensational the better. I personally thing the over the  reaction to Suarez is a little bit 'beside' the game and defnitely over the top. If he is found guilty he gets a ban for dangerous play. He's not Halliburton and they got nothing.
      Bier
      Reply #630: Jun 25, 2014 12:59:15 am
      Well in Suarez's casetey probably give him a lot of personal abuse about his buck teeth so he gives them a first hand view. He isn't fom your background Bier, your probably middle class with a decent education and sense of how things should be. He is probably seen how things really are. For me, personally I wold rather someone took a nibble on my arm than followed through studs up into my knee, and were confirmed by the press as hard but fair.

Well, considering how uncommon it is for players to bite each other or grown men to bite each other period I think it's safe to say that it has little to do with my background. Some things are just deemed as more acceptable than others. Even Suarez himself thinks that. I read a whole thing about him saying how ashamed he was that his kids might see those incidents one day, that it had kept him awake at night. He's well aware how unacceptable that behaviour is.

Any way its just a personal opinion. I could care less what the media say as they are just selling something; the more sensational the better. I personally thing the over the  reaction to Suarez is a little bit 'beside' the game and defnitely over the top. If he is found guilty he gets a ban for dangerous play. He's not Halliburton and they got nothing.

I think he disadvantages himself more than anyone really, that's the sad part. Probably misses the rest of the tournament because of it, lets his team down. Same could have been the case with us this season with that ban. Besides that for me it's not a big thing, I've known how he was since before he joined us, he'll probably do something like this again sometime.
      « Last Edit: Jun 25, 2014 01:11:30 am by Bier »
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #631: Jun 25, 2014 01:55:44 am
      how uncommon it is for players to bite each other or grown men to bite each other period
      Not where I'm from!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #632: Jun 25, 2014 02:03:09 am

:lmao:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #633: Jun 25, 2014 02:14:29 am
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #634: Jun 25, 2014 07:21:34 am
      Me & my missus favourite sexual position is called the ''England football team'' ! . . .

Neither of us know what we're doing or why we're there, there's no passion, no communication & we never make it past the 1st stage.

There's horrible dribbling & never a clean sheet. Its over far too quickly & when it does end I know it'll be at least another four f***in years before it happens again!
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #635: Jun 25, 2014 08:18:38 am
      Me & my missus favourite sexual position is called the ''England football team'' ! . . .

Neither of us know what we're doing or why we're there, there's no passion, no communication & we never make it past the 1st stage.

There's horrible dribbling & never a clean sheet. Its over far too quickly & when it does end I know it'll be at least another four f***in years before it happens again!

Excellent .:-)
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #636: Jun 25, 2014 11:36:21 am
      I was at the stadiumand missed the whole thing. If its true, dont know whats inside the lads head. Dont really care to be honest :)

The italian had been kicking the hell out of him all match and if thats the way he reacts...well id just punch him, he opts for a bite. F**k all this. Press is focusing on Suarez nibble rather than saying that Uruguay and Costa Rica are the ones out of the Group.

And Diego...if Suarez plays anything can happen ;) we seem to play better whith iur backs against the wall. Not many teams can beat Italy when a tie suits them. Italy and Uruguay are so similar its disgusting, haha. But seriously, i dont think many Brazilians want to meet us in the round of 8 if we beat Colombia.

Hey Rib, never count us out, we are a tough old bone, we aint pretty to watch, but we do seem to know how to get results. Something England doesent.

Uruguay are always slow starters, we havent won our first match in a WC since maybe 1954, i think. And we reached semis in 3 times in that period. We can lose with anyone, but we can beat anyone (except germany, haha)

I have lots of pics, will try to upload when i get home, im leaving today. If i go to Rio, my wife will change the locks! Left her at home with the two kids, ;D
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #637: Jun 25, 2014 12:44:29 pm

Do you have Woy sat on a chair at the side of the bed looking confused and rubbing his face?

'well this is weally weally disappointing, I'm weduced to watching and weally can't find the positives in this wiged display'
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #638: Jun 25, 2014 01:26:33 pm
      Do you have Woy sat on a chair at the side of the bed looking confused and rubbing his face?

'well this is weally weally disappointing, I'm weduced to watching and weally can't find the positives in this wiged display'

I'd have thought a wigid display was just the ticket in those circumstances
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #639: Jun 25, 2014 02:13:52 pm

Given his penchant for low expectations woy, i presume  ;D would be over the moon wiv that kind of wevolting performance.

But as it was me wife, she did wub something really hard but it was her eye as my shooting is wuddy awful.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #640: Jun 25, 2014 04:32:46 pm

What are you saying?! He'd call it love making of a standard that was second only to Casanova.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #641: Jun 25, 2014 04:58:41 pm
      On a sliding scale, it's certainly not worse than Neymar's elbow in the opening game, that went unpunished.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #642: Jun 25, 2014 06:36:50 pm
      On a sliding scale, it's certainly not worse than Neymar's elbow in the opening game, that went unpunished.

Correct, that had the potential to cause some real damage.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #643: Jun 26, 2014 12:23:29 am
      The italian had been kicking the hell out of him all match and if thats the way he reacts...well id just punch him, he opts for a bite.

Chiellini is pretty .... physical.

Quick Reply