Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Brendan Rodgers next England manager??

Read 4790 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Brendan Rodgers next England manager??
      Jun 15, 2014 11:09:02 am
      The idea has whizzed past the frontal lobes in the past and the unwelcome possibility of it becoming a reality consigned the assertion to the brain bin.
      Horror of horrors I have seen odds being laid on Brendan succeeding the owl as manager of the comedy of errors which is the national team, odds which favoured our man's appointment!
      The predictable Hodgson implosion gathers pace.....
      It couldn't happen......could it?? 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers next England manager??
      Reply #1: Jun 15, 2014 11:11:03 am
      The idea has whizzed past the frontal lobes in the past and the unwelcome possibility of it becoming a reality consigned the assertion to the brain bin.
      Horror of horrors I have seen odds being laid on Brendan succeeding the owl as manager of the comedy of errors which is the national team, odds which favoured our man's appointment!

Won't happen Stuey.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #2: Jun 15, 2014 11:28:08 am
      The next England manager will be another mediocre English no hoper like Mark Hughes. The FA seem to bang on about being all English now, but they're not racist ;)

Brendan's tactics would frighten the life out of the play it safe old suit cu*ts in the FA.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #3: Jun 15, 2014 11:39:28 am
      The next England -manager will be another mediocre English no hoper like Mark Hughes. The FA seem to bang on about being all English now, but they're not racist ;)

Brendan's tactics would frighten the life out of the play it safe old suit cu*ts in the FA.

Maybe the 'death by football' game-plan the owl expounds will be the straw that broke the mould, somebody might just see that the 'yes' man requirement in the manager's CV is not conducive to the team's success, common sense could prevail.     
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #4: Jun 15, 2014 11:41:52 am
      Not yet...
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #5: Jun 15, 2014 11:45:04 am
      Brendan is meant to be a club manager plus he is far too young and arguably ambitious to take over a national team. That would be seen as a premature retirement.

Welcome back Stuey!
      « Last Edit: Jun 15, 2014 03:13:18 pm by nikos »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #6: Jun 15, 2014 11:49:09 am
      Brendan is meant to be a club manager plus he is far too young and arguably ambitious to take over a national team. That would be seen as a premature retirement.

Welcome back stuey!

Hope you're right Nikos.

Efharisto my friend, Skiathos was better than ever in spite of a few rainy/thundery days.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #7: Jun 15, 2014 12:12:26 pm
      The next England manager will be another mediocre English no hoper like Mark Hughes.

;D

Poor Mark.

Bad enough being labelled a no hoper but then you top it off and call him English.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #8: Jun 15, 2014 12:17:57 pm
      ;D

Poor Mark.

Bad enough being labelled a no hoper but then you top it off and call him English.

:D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #9: Jun 15, 2014 12:20:50 pm

Get to F**k with that idea Stuey, he's far too progressive for the England hierarchy.  He's also very ambitious who wants to win things and that's never going to happen with England  ;)
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #10: Jun 15, 2014 01:13:25 pm
      ;D

Poor Mark.

Wrexham for you ;)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #11: Jun 15, 2014 01:15:50 pm
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #12: Jun 15, 2014 02:00:38 pm
      Get to F**k with that idea Stuey, he's far too progressive for the England hierarchy.  He's also very ambitious who wants to win things and that's never going to happen with England  ;)

I'm telling you Debs nothing would surprise me anymore with those crazy bas**rds at the FA, I even had a conspiracy theory on the go that entailed the appointment of everyone's fall guy (Mr Hodgson) and the subsequent appointment of Brendan get me out the sh*t Rodgers to turn the England debacle on it's head.

Keep the reassurances coming in guys.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #13: Jun 15, 2014 02:25:22 pm
      LFCexiled
      Reply #14: Jun 15, 2014 02:34:06 pm
      The england manager job is a downward step, the chance of succeeding is virtually nil and at best is a swan song for the older managers. Brendans sights are firmly and rightly sighted on conquering the PL and Europe and long may it last.

When project owl 2.0 fails, as it's sure to do, just give it to 'arry.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,255 posts | 2820 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #15: Jun 15, 2014 04:41:44 pm
      Not a f**king chance would the English FA appoint an Irish man as manager of the England team
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #16: Jun 15, 2014 04:45:39 pm
      Not a f**king chance would the English FA appoint an Irish man as manager of the England team

Thank F**k for that, I can stop worrying now.
      Nice one Brian and Ian put my mind at rest.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #17: Jun 15, 2014 06:34:21 pm

Ruabon to be precise and a Jacko colloquially.

Can't see Brendan taking on the "poison chalice" not now he's got a taste for top end club management. If he were to change employers then I think it would be abroad. Barca have already been mooted.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #18: Jun 15, 2014 06:45:23 pm
      Apparently, Rodgers is in Brazil scouting, can anyone confirm this? :O
      LFCexiled
      Reply #19: Jun 15, 2014 06:56:33 pm
      Apparently, Rodgers is in Brazil scouting, can anyone confirm this? :O

According to the mail, he wasn't yesterday....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2657830/Brendan-Rodgers-poses-photo-Stormtroopers-Star-Wars.html
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #20: Jun 15, 2014 06:58:19 pm

Stuey before his whizzing thought...

Stuey after his whizzing thought...

Not going to happen, He's Northern Irish thus he has no loyalty towards that post, he is too young to be tied to that dead weight of a job.

He has far too much to achieve at Liverpool first.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #21: Jun 15, 2014 07:03:35 pm
      Arry will be the next manager of England I'd imagine.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #22: Jun 15, 2014 07:15:06 pm
      Well he was open to the idea of becoming Harry's assistant at Euro 2012 had Redknapp been offered the job. I'm sure international football intrigues him and even the England job but not now. If Roy left the England job this summer (highly unlikely unless his team are an utter embarrassment in their remaining two games) it isn't going to be Brendan taking up the reigns. He's too young and he's got a lot of goals and unfinished business to do at Liverpool. I would never say never with regards to the distant future. I think he would be interested in the job as he has come through all the ranks of English coaching and instinctively knows the DNA of the national game more than anyone, likewise with Roberto Martinez who will no doubt be mentioned in future as well. In fact I would say it's more likely that Martinez will be England manager in future because, and no offence to Everton, it's easier to prise a manager away from them than it is with Liverpool.

I'll just put it out there as well but watch Sean Dyche's profile raise next season as Burnley manager. Given his Brendanesque style of play I wouldn't be surprised if Burnley do well in 2014/2015 and, naturally, his name is touted as the successor to Roy. Sean could conceivably be touted as a successor to Brendan at Liverpool should it ever arise but that's a whole other debate that may not even crop up!
      « Last Edit: Jun 15, 2014 07:34:02 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »

Quick Reply