Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Best Goal of World Cup (so far)

Read 8392 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Re: Best Goal of World Cup (so far)
      Reply #23: Jun 18, 2014 12:56:32 pm
      The Van Pissie goal was a cracker, it would get Goal Of The Season in the Prem all year.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,152 posts | 2780 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #24: Jun 18, 2014 01:23:01 pm
      The sissy manc lads goal against Spain
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #25: Jun 18, 2014 06:07:03 pm
      Forget RVPricks goal, nothing compared to the one Tim Cahill has scored today. Can't see there being a better goal at this World Cup.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #26: Jun 18, 2014 06:11:05 pm
      Sensible Soccer, freeking fantastic game. I broke 2 Bug joysticks with that game.

yeah, followed by sensible world of soccer, loved those games. Had some ridiculous games with friends on those, great memories from my childhood.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,185 posts | 1636 
      Reply #27: Jun 18, 2014 07:40:14 pm
      Messi's goal was a cracker that has been underrated because we expect it from him, but it wasn't a patch on RVP's header and then Cahill's goal today put them both in the shade!!

Incredible technique.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #28: Jun 18, 2014 07:51:28 pm
      Messi's goal was a cracker that has been underrated because we expect it from him, but it wasn't a patch on RVP's header and then Cahill's goal today put them both in the shade!!

Incredible technique.

Said the same in the game thread, the 40yd cross was inch perfect and begged a sh*t hot volley which Cahill duly supplied, one hell of a goal and a worthy contender for the tournaments best.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #29: Jun 18, 2014 08:24:42 pm
      Said the same in the game thread, the 40yd cross was inch perfect and begged a sh*t hot volley which Cahill duly supplied, one hell of a goal and a worthy contender for the tournaments best.

That goal from Cahill will go down in history as one of the all time best, they are already comparing it to van bastens.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #30: Jun 18, 2014 08:30:34 pm
      That goal from Cahill will go down in history as one of the all time best, they are already comparing it to van bastens.

Showstopper mate.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,267 posts | 6368 
      Reply #31: Jun 18, 2014 10:07:21 pm
      Cahill's was good but one of the best of all time? People like to swim in the deep end of the hyperbole pool it seems.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #32: Jun 19, 2014 12:12:45 am

Sadly I don't think so.  The greatest goals/saves that are remembered usually define moments.  If Australia had won - gone on to qualify - perhaps.

For him personally it's nice to end his World Cup career having put that one in.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #33: Jun 19, 2014 12:17:13 am
      Cahill's was good but one of the best of all time? People like to swim in the deep end of the hyperbole pool it seems.

Exactly.

But it was a great goal.

Eduardo Vargas vs Spain today was a brilliant team goal as well; in terms of overall play and passing, it is already one of my favorites.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #34: Jun 19, 2014 01:24:22 am
      Cahill's was definitely a cracker. That cross seem to be in the air forever before he hammered it.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #35: Jun 19, 2014 07:01:04 am
      Cahill's goal was certainly a cracker and is up there so far as goal of the tournament for me, torn between that and the Dutch header.

But noway does Cahill's goals top Van Basten's, that was simply one of the best volleys of all time, I can't think of many better right now but Cahill's doesn't come near that for me.

Van Basten Volley
      LFCexiled
      Reply #36: Jun 19, 2014 07:32:25 am
      Probably the goal of the tournament for me is Cahills closely followed by the Dutch header. If cahills goal had been scored by messi or Ronaldo it'd already have the title but as has been said, it wasn't a game changer and the player/team aren't high profile enough. History generally remembers the history makers and not the bit players. You never know though, these be strange times.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #37: Jun 19, 2014 08:11:04 am
      Exactly.

But it was a great goal.

Eduardo Vargas vs Spain today was a brilliant team goal as well; in terms of overall play and passing, it is already one of my favorites.

Loved that incisive passing from Chile, the only thing I didn't like about that goal was that Xabi was the one who gave the ball away in the first place! :(
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,729 posts | 6714 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #38: Jun 19, 2014 08:14:54 am
      Has to be that c**t Chaill's goal. It was a cracker and I really enjoyed it being an Aussie but he will always be a bitter Blue c**t first, so don't give a sh*t if he wins it or not.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #39: Jun 19, 2014 08:44:51 am
      Loved that incisive passing from Chile, the only thing I didn't like about that goal was that Xabi was the one who gave the ball away in the first place! :(

Xabi had a mare of a game.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #40: Jun 19, 2014 10:27:17 am

It was almost the commentator's catchprase, 'Alonso gives the ball away'.  Lost track of how often it happened.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #41: Jun 19, 2014 02:45:45 pm

No it won't, not even the best goal of this tournament, still got some way to go to still beat the best world cup goal of all time which is still Carlos Alberto for Brazil v Italy in 1970.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #42: Jun 20, 2014 12:18:23 pm
      But noway does Cahill's goals top Van Basten's, that was simply one of the best volleys of all time, I can't think of many better right now but Cahill's doesn't come near that for me.

Exactly right.

Great goal from the Aussie, but Van Basten's is from a more difficult angle.

Plus he didn't just blast it through the keeper, he looks up, picks his spot, and actually has to lob him. Sheer brilliance.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #43: Jun 20, 2014 02:15:29 pm
      I know its  a very big IF, but if Raheem's one vs Italy that hit the side netting had gone in, I'm pretty sure that one would've won it.

Messi's goal was v good. Suarez's 1st was too. Also Robin Van Horseface and a few others I can't currently recall.
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #44: Jun 29, 2014 12:26:02 am
      What a superb first goal by Rodrigez. Can't decide which one i like batter: his or RVP header
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,172 posts | 4907 
      Reply #45: Jun 29, 2014 10:17:19 am
      Rodriquez goal for me is the best so far.

Quick Reply