Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Group G Match Topic: (Germany, Portugal, USA, Ghana)

Read 15792 times
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,402 posts | 191 
      Re: Group G Match Topic: (Germany, Portugal, USA, Ghana)
      Reply #161: Jun 23, 2014 12:58:01 am
      And there's why I can't stand Michael Bradley.....turns over an easy ball that he should have controlled and we get hit on the counter.

BINGO
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #162: Jun 23, 2014 12:59:51 am
      Bradley was awful. He should have been taken off a long time ago. He was sh*t against Ghana. No way he should start vs Germany. We looked great today though and hopefully the play can continue vs Germany on thursday.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #163: Jun 23, 2014 01:00:23 am
      Actually we can get through with a loss on goal differential even if Portugal win. As long as they don't win by what 4 I think?

Would seem so fella. If you lose by 1 and they win by nothing more than 4 you should go through on goal difference. Think you're damn near through mate and you deserve it, great pride, great team effort.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #164: Jun 23, 2014 01:00:12 am
      So a Ghana draw or a Portugal win by less than 4 goals seems to be the fall back scenario. Man that sucks to lose like that. Bradley had another crap game. He is supposed to be our Henderson but he sure didn't run like Hendo these first two games.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #165: Jun 23, 2014 01:02:20 am
      So a Ghana draw or a Portugal win by less than 4 goals seems to be the fall back scenario. Man that sucks to lose like that. Bradley had another crap game. He is supposed to be our Henderson but he sure didn't run like Hendo these first two games.

Agree with you on Bradley.

I think our stand out player was Fabian Johnson. He was excellent. He made some great runs and things seemed to click with him today. Howard also made some great saves as well.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #166: Jun 23, 2014 01:02:58 am
      I'm just happy that this team actually looks like they have the type of skill, and technical play and tactics to be able to compete. So badly want this game to grow over here and we need good showings in tournaments like this to keep the momentum and keep the typical American sports fan interested.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #167: Jun 23, 2014 01:04:03 am
      Why the hell are the BBC playing  that Ronaldo clip again?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #168: Jun 23, 2014 01:05:03 am
      I'm just happy that this team actually looks like they have the type of skill, and technical play and tactics to be able to compete. So badly want this game to grow over here and we need good showings in tournaments like this to keep the momentum and keep the typical American sports fan interested.

If the game properly takes off in the US I think you'll really be a force FL.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #169: Jun 23, 2014 01:05:07 am
      Agree with you on Bradley.

I think our stand out player was Fabian Johnson. He was excellent. He made some great runs and things seemed to click with him today. Howard also made some great saves as well.
      Johnson had a great game, he's got a cracker of a left foot shot too. Good example at the end of why I wouldn't mind seeing Wondo get some more time, he's got some skill to his game and he's a poacher.

Dempsey seems to get better and better with age. He is a worker and you can see the fruits if him trying to become a better technical player. He's becoming a real joy to watch. And a tough as nails Texan to boot.
      Bier
      Reply #170: Jun 23, 2014 01:05:16 am
      Tough ending. Looking at the games so far I think Ghana will win against Portugal and US loose against Germany. But you never know.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,402 posts | 191 
      Reply #171: Jun 23, 2014 01:05:54 am
      So a Ghana draw or a Portugal win by less than 4 goals seems to be the fall back scenario. 

But what if Ghana wins and USA lose ?? 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #172: Jun 23, 2014 01:07:06 am
      Agree with Bier.

Ghana on current form will beat Portugal.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #173: Jun 23, 2014 01:13:59 am
      Gutted after that.  I'm sure the neutrals enjoyed it.  Gutted.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #174: Jun 23, 2014 01:15:08 am
      Omg, what an epic game. USA by far the better team overall. Was well gutted when Portugal scored :(

Hope USA and Germany play for a 0-0 boring game and both go through!
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #175: Jun 23, 2014 01:19:21 am
      Johnson had a great game, he's got a cracker of a left foot shot too. Good example at the end of why I wouldn't mind seeing Wondo get some more time, he's got some skill to his game and he's a poacher.

Dempsey seems to get better and better with age. He is a worker and you can see the fruits if him trying to become a better technical player. He's becoming a real joy to watch. And a tough as nails Texan to boot.

Agreed Dempsey had some fantastic runs. And Wondo made an impact with the little time he was on.

The sport is growing over here. There are lots of major gatherings in major cities nationwide. I think if you just keep giving it time it will grow. Look at the expansion of the MLS, as well as on the national stage. The growth from the last world cup to this world cup is quite amazing actually. At least that is what I have noticed around Chicago.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,519 posts | 713 
      Reply #176: Jun 23, 2014 01:24:17 am
      Im not. He did nothing at Spurs. He is a limited player. For me he is like Milan Baros. For country he is godlike, for club, not so much.

Milan Baros was a good player.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #177: Jun 23, 2014 01:35:56 am
      I'm not a fan of the USA by any stretch of the imagination, but seeing my friend cheer them on made me see how passionate they can be about football, especially the World Cup.

She was gutted by the result and I felt really bad. I hope they qualify now. Really do.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #178: Jun 23, 2014 02:12:24 am

I agree with FL Red. I was gutted by the results of the game, but proud of the team. We continue to grow and most of starting team came from the MLS today. It shows what the league is capable of in the future.
      gerrard8pool
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts |
      Reply #179: Jun 23, 2014 03:36:28 am
      Was at the game and can echo a lot of what's already been said. For me I was stunned at how poor Ronaldo was for 99% of the game. Selfish and easily frustrated going forward and nonexistent defensively. Johnson was available on the overlap every time with Ronaldo not even considering tracking him. He was honestly a liability at left wing. They moved him centrally when Varela came on and eliminated that vulnerability to some extent, but it was a truly shocking display from the so-called best player in the world.

Quickly on Bradley, the giveaway at the end awful, it makes me physically ill seeing the amount of space he had at the end before he gave the ball away The internet here is spotty at best, but theres a few pictures circulating. Horrible mistake.

Anyway onto Germany, hopefully Jürgen and Jogi collude and its a bore 0-0.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #180: Jun 23, 2014 04:03:00 am
      Good luck to the US.

« Last Edit: Jun 23, 2014 06:18:41 am by Beerbelly »
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #181: Jun 23, 2014 09:17:31 am
      Ghana definitely deserve to go through. They are far better than the USA for sure.

Hoping they do the job against Portugal, and that Germany give USA a little goal-fest.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #182: Jun 23, 2014 09:48:11 am
      Made up the US gave the diving, cheating Portugal a game, if their scoring opportunities had all gone in the result would have been in double figures. 
      « Last Edit: Jun 23, 2014 11:10:54 am by stuey »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #183: Jun 23, 2014 12:19:00 pm
      Ghana definitely deserve to go through. They are far better than the USA for sure.

Hoping they do the job against Portugal, and that Germany give USA a little goal-fest.
      Yes, Ghana are far better than the team that beat them whilst playing one of the worst games I've seen us play in a long time. :lmao:

Quick Reply