Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 14th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P2 W1 D1 L0

Luis Suarez: The Bite - Part 3

Read 30074 times
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Re: Luis Suarez: The Bite - Part 3
      Reply #598: Jun 26, 2014 12:42:12 pm
      The thing about spitting mate is it could potentially like all body fluids, spread HIV and in turn Aids. That is why it provokes such a harsh response.

Off topic, but my wife is a microbiological scientist at Whiston... The HIV and AIDS virus is extremely weak, and very hard to contract from host to host.

Fact is, biting is ahorrible vile act period.  Regardless of implications
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #599: Jun 26, 2014 12:44:33 pm
      Quote from s@int link=topic=46348.msg1632579#msg1632579 , date=1403782505
      So could biting mate

Very true but the bite would have to be the equivalent of an animal bite mate with the implied ferocity to draw blood, technically you are correct of course and if Suarez had leapt on his quarry, growling and shaking his head he would deserve shooting. The nibble doesn't deserve the bullet job bud.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #600: Jun 26, 2014 12:48:01 pm
      Off topic, but my wife is a microbiological scientist at Whiston... The HIV and AIDS virus is extremely weak, and very hard to contract from host to host.

Fact is, biting is ahorrible vile act period.  Regardless of implications

I doubt many people would take that on board with the alarming global spread of the disease.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #601: Jun 26, 2014 12:49:40 pm
      Wow all this soul-searching and pontificating.

Meanwhile in Brazil, not one F**k is given by Mr Suarez!!

FCGroningen
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 70 posts |
      Reply #602: Jun 26, 2014 12:50:24 pm
      Acording to the dutch newspaper telegraaf, he has a agreement with barcalona.
      http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/buitenlands/22787546/___Suarez_is_er_uit_met_Barca___.html
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #603: Jun 26, 2014 12:50:34 pm
      No way I want Uruguay to win another match now, the way they are all jumping in to defend Suarez in the most ridiculous fashion I've ever seen, it leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. If a man cannot put his hand up and admit when he's done something wrong and fu**ed up then he's no man in my eyes and the Uruguayan people supporting him are no better.

Did you want the same with Liverpool when Kenny & the team were all 'jumping' over Suarez in white tee shirts defending Luis?, bet you were made up when Kenny got the sack over Suarez defence.

& you really get my goat as you love to generalise, you have a go at the,Irish,Muslims now Uruguayans who f**king next lad?.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #604: Jun 26, 2014 01:01:20 pm

Meanwhile in Brazil, not one F**k is given by Mr Suarez!!

Haha get yer F***ing teeth into that lad.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #605: Jun 26, 2014 01:12:19 pm

Meanwhile in Brazil, not one f**k is given by Mr Suarez!!

I think if what you say was true, it would say more about Suarez than us mate.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #606: Jun 26, 2014 01:12:58 pm
      While I wont defend him and think he was a f**king idiot for allowing himself to be in this position I must say the reaction of many is ludicrous. Knobs like Danny Mills that horrible little c**t spouting sh*te.

These people will be the first to tell ye how great Chopper Harris was or one of those "hard men" from the 60s and 70s that went around kicking people for fun or elbowing/punching. 2 faced c**ts

But Uruguay are making a mockery of the whole thing saying its an invention of Brazil England and Italy. Jesus Christ what are they on.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #607: Jun 26, 2014 01:21:19 pm
      12 match ban it is then.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #608: Jun 26, 2014 01:27:22 pm
      But Uruguay are making a mockery of the whole thing saying its an invention of Brazil England and Italy. Jesus Christ what are they on.

Maybe but..
      Italians are notoriously paranoid ( I'm generalising of course no offence meant). Ask an Italian if the glass is half empty or half full and they will want to know if its been poisoned.

The english press are looking to demonise Suarez mostly because Roy Hodgson failed so miserably and they just want to tap into the BNP which is a majority of their readership.

The Barzilians are superstitious in general. They don't want a repeat of 1950 no matter what.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #609: Jun 26, 2014 01:27:24 pm

In all honesty I don't really care what his ban is for his country (sad for Luis obviously) just glad that he hasn't got banned for us if what you say is true?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,737 posts | 3948 
      Reply #610: Jun 26, 2014 01:30:42 pm
      He's F***ing mental and I am literally shocked at how bad he can be.

But (there's always a but with Suarez) he's just incredible on the pitch, literally phenomenal. I'll be F***ing gutted if he goes
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #611: Jun 26, 2014 01:32:37 pm

Bit of a result Ian if true.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #612: Jun 26, 2014 01:36:37 pm
      I'll be f**king gutted if he goes

I think we all will mate. 

andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #613: Jun 26, 2014 01:38:42 pm

Its totally understandable how Suarez behaves when you see how his team mates manager & even his own FA react to his behaviour.
      You couldn't make it up could you..
      They just have no concept of shame do they.
      Winning is all that matters cheating is not only acceptable
      Its encouraged & applauded.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,775 posts | 7187 
      Reply #614: Jun 26, 2014 01:41:02 pm
      Still think that he should have been taken out of the firing line and gone for therapy or some assessment. But Uruguay seem to think they can keep him playing in the tournament. I genuinely feel for the lad its just like a witch hunt. I am of the opinion that he is being slaughtered for past offences again even though he has served h is penalties. Just read about a England Rugby player who bit a finger and got a ban but he played again recently and I don't remember such a media frenzy taking place. just hope the lad is OK he has given us so much to cheer this season I cant believe any of us would turn our backs on him now.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #615: Jun 26, 2014 01:41:06 pm
      F**k me, it's all kicking off in here.

For what it's worth, i couldn't give a flying F**k. I'm with Uruguay on this one, for me the evidence is inconclusive. The clip clearly shows Suarez making contact with slimeball's shoulder but it doesn't show him actually committing the bite, actually closing his jaws. I think Suarez went to bite him and pulled out of it. That's just my opinion on what i have seen.

To be honest i absolutely love Suarez and could forgive him for almost anything, he is one of the players that comes around once a decade if you are lucky. When you weigh up the ridiculous against the sublime it is fair to say that Suarez, while being a risk, is at least a risk very well worth taking.

It is no coincidence that once he is out of our jurisdiction he starts playing up. I don't know if Uruguay are part of the psychological rehabilitation process that we have implemented and if they are not then i would be slightly concerned, especially since he has been so well behaved since the introduction of Steve Peters. I most certainly think that it is a probable cause for his lack of composure during this recent incident.

I'd like to say that i find what he does as despicable but if i'm honest i don't. After reading Bellamy's book and finding out the state of Suarez legs after games then it is no wonder that now and again Suarez snaps. He gets kicked the F**k out of, the referees don't protect him and he will eventually snap, it's human nature. It's what torture was designed to do.

A great part of understanding Luis Suarez is having the ability to understand where he came from, how hard he has worked to get where he is and the constant scrutiny and punishment he receives. All because he is one of the best players in the world and the best striker in the Premier League.

No matter what he does i will always stick up for him, that goes for the biting and all. It's not something i choose to do against my better judgement, it's because it is my instinct to stick up for people like Suarez. Hard working warriors with a relentless desire to win.

In an ideal world we would say he is blessed, others would say he is cursed.

Let us not also forget that Brendan has built this team around Suarez for a reason, because he is special. He epitomizes everything about us.

For all those saying we should get rid, be honest with yourselves, would the lure of playing with Suarez be a decisive factor if Liverpool Football Club came in for you? I think it would. 
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      Reply #616: Jun 26, 2014 01:54:00 pm
      P.S. I forgot to mention that i see no reason why what Suarez does on an international stage should allow us to be punished as a result of that.

That is just wrong. It is like saying that we as a Club are responsible for any player when they are on international duty. It wouldn't stand up in court.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #617: Jun 26, 2014 01:55:34 pm
      In all honesty I don't really care what his ban is for his country (sad for Luis obviously) just glad that he hasn't got banned for us if what you say is true?

Apologies lads but I got to a drop and just before I got out i heard some fella say it on the radio and I've just finished my drop and got back in my cab and I can't find any reference to it any where.

Now either I jumped forward in time or, well I don't F***ing know cos I deffo heard him say we'd be relieved because it's only a twelve match international ban.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      Reply #618: Jun 26, 2014 01:55:38 pm
      He's f**king mental and I am literally shocked at how bad he can be.

But (there's always a but with Suarez) he's just incredible on the pitch, literally phenomenal. I'll be f**king gutted if he goes

You are right, he is mental. That is the reason why i love him!
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #619: Jun 26, 2014 01:55:41 pm

Is this true????
       can't find anything,anywhere  online

YNWA
      LFCexiled
      Reply #620: Jun 26, 2014 01:57:41 pm
      Is this true????