Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. What do you think LFC should do?

Keep SuƔrez
      130 (68.1%)
      Sell SuƔrez
      61 (31.9%)

Total Members Voted: 185

Suarez: BANNED from all football for 4 months

Read 41503 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,431 posts | 6422 
      Re: Suarez: BANNED from all football for 4 months
      Reply #690: Jun 29, 2014 03:26:15 pm
      Got to love Maradona, best player ever too.
      Actually I can't stand him, craves the spotlight for himself and sees this incident as an opportunity to get some publicity for himself. He could be talking about how Messi is carrying his country to a possible World Cup win but instead takes the opportunity to talk about Suarez. Bit of a bite in the back if you ask me.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,716 posts | 7164 
      Reply #691: Jun 29, 2014 04:01:57 pm
      Maradonna was a drug taking cheat I wouldn't want to hitch up with him. At least he came up with a better excuse than Luis when he cheated England.
      The sooner this whole matter is over the better
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #692: Jun 29, 2014 04:02:15 pm
      Actually I can't stand him, craves the spotlight for himself and sees this incident as an opportunity to get some publicity for himself. He could be talking about how Messi is carrying his country to a possible World Cup win but instead takes the opportunity to talk about Suarez. Bit of a bite in the back if you ask me.

Fair enough, he's a character (best player ever too) and I reeeeeally like him and will always listen to what he says when he speaks publicly, I can understand why you can't stand him still. Rather listen to him than Pele or Platini sellout bas...
      Off to watch some footy so yea, diff opinions are allowed in this world.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #693: Jun 29, 2014 05:24:34 pm
      Given that he's considered a pariah in this country as well, I'm not sure Maradona's support is what Suarez needs right now. He needs to hold his hands up and admit he has a problem rather than making ridiculous excuses such as "I fell over and banged my teeth". The biggest problem in all this is that due to the structure of the ban, he's more likely to spend more time in Uruguay receiving ridiculously poor advice than he is back at Melwood receiving treatment.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #694: Jun 29, 2014 06:18:47 pm
      Suarez' statement is bullshit. Period. He needs some treatment to see if this stuff can get fixed, I would not let him go now because he's damaged goods  and no one will buy him for what he's worth plus if he gets fixed he can really help us. If he can go anyway (I dunno his contract status) or if he wants to leave like Torres once, then let him go. The best gun is useless if it's not reliable functioning.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #695: Jun 29, 2014 06:35:07 pm
      I'd honestly get rid of Suarez for as much as possible. ...this will take his games suspended to around 30.  He's averaging over 7 games a season banned. I'd get Sanchez or Rodriguez. He's going to take some major crap from rival fans and even after the ban he won't be match sharp. He may finish his peak while banned or not match fit.

Count up how many Premier League games Luis, Rooney, Aguero and RVP have played,  per person,  in the last three years. If he was injury prone as well then he'd probably be gone but he's not. When he is available he is fit and F***ing unbelievable.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #696: Jun 29, 2014 06:41:06 pm
      Suarez will never change, Genius and Madness go hand in hand, he's a F***ing fruit loop, always will be and no amount of counseling, bans will ever change that, accept it.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #697: Jun 29, 2014 07:08:24 pm
      Suarez will never change, Genius and Madness go hand in hand, he's a f**king fruit loop, always will be and no amount of counseling, bans will ever change that, accept it.

If that'd be true then I'd sell him, because if he bites one again within the next 1-2 years he'll be banned for lifetime. And let's face it: You can't control that stuff, it happens, it's like a reflex, so it'd be just a matter of time.

It may sound very ridiculous, but if I am Suarez lawyer I'd propose that he wears a face mask from now on that prevents biting, then argueing that under these circumstances it would violate his right to work to give him a penalty like that long, adding the fact that nobody actually watched "the bite" like once when Tyson did bite in Holyfields ear.

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #698: Jun 29, 2014 08:27:14 pm
      Suarez will never change, Genius and Madness go hand in hand, he's a f**king fruit loop, always will be and no amount of counseling, bans will ever change that, accept it.

I don't know, Messi seems to be coping with genius well enough.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,626 posts | 762 
      Reply #699: Jun 29, 2014 09:06:50 pm
      Whats worse? Diving for your team to win? (robben)

or in the heat of the moment/frustration biting an opponent?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #700: Jun 29, 2014 09:10:22 pm

Obviously the latter.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #701: Jun 29, 2014 09:20:38 pm
      Apparently they have already said he can go for the right price, so basically they are just arguing about the price.
      A man once asked a woman will you let me F**k you for a million pounds , to which she replied " why yes of course i will " , he then asked her would you let me F**k you for a hundred pounds , to which she replied " what do you think i am a whore " we've already established that he said now we're just haggling a price .

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,431 posts | 6422 
      Reply #702: Jun 29, 2014 09:39:33 pm

Is blocking a shot (handball) for your team to win like diving for them to win?
      Zafil
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts |
      • Forever in our hearts
      Reply #703: Jun 29, 2014 09:40:44 pm
      Is blocking a shot (handball) for your team to win like diving for them to win?

Well, the point is that Suarez NEVER shown any fairplay, he always dived or made that dirty tricks to win. That's why fifa was so strict to him.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #704: Jun 29, 2014 09:50:27 pm

I think this is what FSG AND Brendan need to assess. I think it is always going to be a gamble, but hopefully they can reduce the risk through counselling etc etc.

If they can't then it may be that the only option would be to sell him.

The real problem now is given the slightest excuse the F.A. will come down on Luis like a ton of bricks. He farts at the wrong time .... 6 game suspension, bites someone 1 or 2 year ban.

I think a gum shield may be an easy solution, not only will it stop him biting, but may stop him saying anything that will get him in trouble too.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #705: Jun 29, 2014 09:56:14 pm
      I think this is what FSG AND Brendan need to assess. I think it is always going to be a gamble, but hopefully they can reduce the risk through counselling etc etc.

If they can't then it may be that the only option would be to sell him.

The real problem now is given the slightest excuse the F.A. will come down on Luis like a ton of bricks. He farts at the wrong time .... 6 game suspension, bites someone 1 or 2 year ban.

I think a gum shield may be an easy solution, not only will it stop him biting, but may stop him saying anything that will get him in trouble too.

Really hard to see a positive solution in any of this mess Saint...so many variables of what could go wrong.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #706: Jun 29, 2014 10:06:56 pm

pretty weak comparison imo

diving is cheating ... and btw suarez has admitted to diving as well

but biting is on the same level as an assault...  it is much more serious for me

and then the whole I fell into his shoulder no remorse thing is just wrong.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #707: Jun 29, 2014 10:07:20 pm
      Really hard to see a positive solution in any of this mess Saint...so many variables of what could go wrong.

Which is why I think we may sell him if a decent offer comes in either now or at Christmas.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #708: Jun 29, 2014 10:15:10 pm
      One point we are missing with Susrez ban is the Champions League bit.

We can command whatever fee we like.

I would keep him till the ban is over & then sell him to the highest bidder from the Champions League teams.

He won't be cup tied.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #709: Jun 29, 2014 10:32:55 pm

I would keep him till the ban is over & then sell him to the highest bidder from the Champions League teams.

He won't be cup tied.

Keep him, Sell him....whatever happens or decided we do not have to be in a rush here to do it...from top to bottom it needs to benefit the team in some way...so do it right if it takes a month or a year to decide.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #710: Jun 29, 2014 10:34:22 pm

He won't be cup tied.

He will if we play him in November. We have 2 CL games in November and one in December.

Keep him, Sell him....whatever happens or decided we do not have to be in a rush here to do it...from top to bottom it needs to benefit the team in some way...so do it right if it takes a month or a year to decide

Spot on. Which is why I am in no hurry for LFC to make a statement. Take as long as they like, as long as they get it right. (poetry?)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #711: Jun 29, 2014 11:14:42 pm
      I don't know, Messi seems to be coping with genius well enough.

How do you really know that ?, his madness may transfer elsewhere than the football pitch, for all you know he might like dressing up in womans underwear and soddomising himself with unanimous house hold objects. :D

But there's been footballers down the years that have similar problems, Zidane, Ronaldinho, Cantona even Di Canio.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,179 posts | 528 
      Reply #712: Jun 30, 2014 07:58:05 am
      How do you really know that ?, his madness may transfer elsewhere than the football pitch, for all you know he might like dressing up in womans underwear and soddomising himself with unanimous house hold objects. :D

But there's been footballers down the years that have similar problems, Zidane, Ronaldinho, Cantona even Di Canio.

Well even if Messi dresses up as a woman at home its not going to get him banned from football, so what's your point ?

Quick Reply