Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. What do you think LFC should do?

Keep SuĂĄrez
      130 (68.1%)
      Sell SuĂĄrez
      61 (31.9%)

Total Members Voted: 185

Suarez: BANNED from all football for 4 months

Read 40693 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2829 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Suarez: BANNED from all football for 4 months
      Reply #759: Jul 01, 2014 01:09:53 pm
      So he has apologised, allegedly on Barcelonas say so, a club he has nothing to do with. No apology to his club or to those who stood by and stand by him. Shows what he thinks of the club

Fair play to those standing by him because hes one of us, respect to you for that. Truth is though hes not one of us he doesnt give a toss about you or the club if he did he would have apologised straight away to the club and not on the say so of another club but from his own regret for letting the club down
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #760: Jul 01, 2014 01:23:57 pm
      'Suarez had the honour to come out and apologise for his actions and now it's time for him to begin the recovery process,' Zubizarreta said at the Nou Camp.

Barca Sporting Director

'To have the character and strength to apologise in front of the world shows what a noble person he is,'

Ivan Racitic (Barca's new signing)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6389 
      Reply #761: Jul 01, 2014 01:26:27 pm
      What about all of Luis comments about being happy in Liverpool and telling his intl friends Cavani and Forlan the same?

This whole thing is really souring me on Luis I have to be honest.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #762: Jul 01, 2014 01:33:27 pm
      Damien Comolli: Luis Suarez told me he it was his dream to play for Barcelona or Real Madrid
         Jul 01, 2014 12:52 
      By Liam Prenderville

The Uruguayan striker is expected to depart Liverpool this summer and the Reds former director of football insists it has always been a wish to play in La Liga
      Liverpool's ex-director of football Damien Comolli has claimed Luis Suarez told him he always wanted to join Barcelona or Real Madrid.

The Uruguayan has recently been linked with a record switch to the La Liga giants as his future in England grows increasingly doubtful after his latest bite ban.

Suarez issued an apology to Giorgio Chiellini and the "entire football family" yesterday, a matter of hours after Barca admitted they wanted to sign him - as long as he confirmed there would be no future shenanigans.

And Comolli has claimed, during their time together at Anfield, Suarez spoke of his desire to play for one of the Spanish giants.

He told talkSPORT: "Speaking to Luis before, and during, the World Cup, he's always said he is very happy at Liverpool.
      "But, during our time together at Anfield, he told me that his dream is to play in Spain at one point in his career, especially at Barcelona or Real Madrid.

"His wife's family live in Spain, he's in Barcelona every time he gets a couple of days off and has a house there.

"I've always thought in my mind, and I told Kenny Dalglish at the time, that, if either of the big Spanish two came in and tried to get him, Liverpool would have a hard time to try and keep him."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/damien-comolli-luis-suarez-told-3792367#ixzz36DfhZQHB
      Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

What about all of Luis comments about being happy in Liverpool and telling his intl friends Cavani and Forlan the same?

This whole thing is really souring me on Luis I have to be honest.

One thing doesn't exclude the other

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #763: Jul 01, 2014 01:41:21 pm
      I doubt very much we need any comment off Comolli on the running of LFC.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #764: Jul 01, 2014 01:49:05 pm
      Looks like the club have found a way to keep him busy during the next four months.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6389 
      Reply #765: Jul 01, 2014 01:50:54 pm
      Damien Comolli: Luis Suarez told me he it was his dream to play for Barcelona or Real Madrid
      By Liam Prenderville

The Uruguayan striker is expected to depart Liverpool this summer and the Reds former director of football insists it has always been a wish to play in La Liga
      Liverpool's ex-director of football Damien Comolli has claimed Luis Suarez told him he always wanted to join Barcelona or Real Madrid.

The Uruguayan has recently been linked with a record switch to the La Liga giants as his future in England grows increasingly doubtful after his latest bite ban.

Suarez issued an apology to Giorgio Chiellini and the "entire football family" yesterday, a matter of hours after Barca admitted they wanted to sign him - as long as he confirmed there would be no future shenanigans.

And Comolli has claimed, during their time together at Anfield, Suarez spoke of his desire to play for one of the Spanish giants.

He told talkSPORT: "Speaking to Luis before, and during, the World Cup, he's always said he is very happy at Liverpool.
      "But, during our time together at Anfield, he told me that his dream is to play in Spain at one point in his career, especially at Barcelona or Real Madrid.

"His wife's family live in Spain, he's in Barcelona every time he gets a couple of days off and has a house there.

"I've always thought in my mind, and I told Kenny Dalglish at the time, that, if either of the big Spanish two came in and tried to get him, Liverpool would have a hard time to try and keep him."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/damien-comolli-luis-suarez-told-3792367#ixzz36DfhZQHB

Well for me it does. You don't say how much you like it somewhere and then pine to go somewhere else.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #766: Jul 01, 2014 01:56:51 pm
      By Liam Prenderville

Absolute right, although comolli likes to keep popping up to keep his name current, so I tend to take his comments with a pinch of salt.
      I think he's a very political kind of bloke who is bitter about his sacking, and because he was here when suarez came, he thinks that gives him the inside track to speak to journo's.
      Let's not forget that woy also tried to claim credit for suarez coming here ;)
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #767: Jul 01, 2014 01:56:57 pm
      So he has apologised, allegedly on Barcelonas say so, a club he has nothing to do with. No apology to his club or to those who stood by and stand by him. Shows what he thinks of the club

Fair play to those standing by him because hes one of us, respect to you for that. Truth is though hes not one of us he doesnt give a toss about you or the club if he did he would have apologised straight away to the club and not on the say so of another club but from his own regret for letting the club down
      The handball from Ghana, the push for an Arsenal move, the biting and racism crap... it's hard to believe he thinks about his clubs before he does these things. He knows he's so good no matter who he lets down he's a sought after player. LFC are a big club and we don't need to feel we need to have such a player who does such things. If Barcelona offer 80m, it may please our sponsors to sell him and reinvest. He'll probably play in a front 3 with Messi and Neymar.

Neymar
       Messi             Suarez         

Barcelona will become unplayable but our target is the league and by the time we are in a position to challenge in Europe Suarez could be 30 and he'll probably not be very good compared to now anyway.

If he is getting banned for 7 or 8 games a season that is no good for us. Barcelona have the depth to cope with that more than us.
      Suarez is a 30 goal a season guy when he plays but we can get those goals from spreading quality around the squad.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #768: Jul 01, 2014 02:06:21 pm
      Absolute right, although comolli likes to keep popping up to keep his name current, so I tend to take his comments with a pinch of salt.
      I think he's a very political kind of bloke who is bitter about his sacking, and because he was here when suarez came, he thinks that gives him the inside track to speak to journo's.
      Let's not forget that woy also tried to claim credit for suarez coming here ;)
      I heard some bollocks on this forum but I would like to see a source of Hodgeson trying to claim credit for a player Kenny signed.
      « Last Edit: Jul 01, 2014 03:53:30 pm by Ribapuru »
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #769: Jul 01, 2014 02:17:44 pm
      Sometimes I have a feeling that this biting story has all been staged from its very beginning to stir up all this fuss which in turn will pave Suarez's way to Spain.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #770: Jul 01, 2014 02:17:47 pm
      Well for me it does. You don't say how much you like it somewhere and then pine to go somewhere else.

I'm happy with my wife, I like it there, doesn't mean I wouldn't contemplate a change if Jennifer Connelly begged me again.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #771: Jul 01, 2014 02:36:15 pm
      Why the F**k was Comilli speaking to Luis during the WC??  Large handful of salt me thinks.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #772: Jul 01, 2014 02:41:26 pm
      Well, he didn't take offence at LFC not wishing him for his birthday.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #773: Jul 01, 2014 02:42:33 pm

Allegedly is the big word in that Brian.

Has nobody thought the apology may have had something to do with Adidas?

Or is that not sensational enough?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #774: Jul 01, 2014 02:44:08 pm
      Sometimes I have a feeling that this biting story has all been staged from its very beginning to stir up all this fuss which in turn will pave Suarez's way to Spain.

Pffft. ..
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #775: Jul 01, 2014 02:44:45 pm
      I heard some bollocks on this forum but I would to see a source of Hodgeson trying to claim credit for a player Kenny signed.

To be fair to Roy :-

Luis Suarez ‘subject of £12.5m Liverpool transfer bid’

Sunday 12 Dec 2010 1:10 pm

Luis Suarez could move from Ajax to Liverpool in January following a report that the Reds have made a ÂŁ12.5 million offer for the Uruguay striker.

The 23-year-old cemented his reputation as one of the game’s leading forwards with a series of superb displays at the World Cup, having scored 49 times in 48 games for Ajax last season.

He was linked with moves to Manchester United and Spurs following his performances in South Africa, but the Dutch club managed to hang on to him, despite their financial worries.

However, Ajax are now prepared to consider selling Suarez and Liverpool are believed to have already made their opening move, reports IMScouting.

According to the Italian press, the Reds have already offered ÂŁ12.5 million for the player, who Ajax value at ÂŁ21 million.

The Dutch club’s money problems and the damage Suarez’s reputation suffered when he was suspended for seven matches after biting PSV Eindhoven’s Otman Bakkal may persuade them to lower their asking price.

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson is also believed to be keen on in-form Bolton Wanderers centre forward Johan Elmander, as he looks for a new strike partner for Fernando Torres.

However, the Sunday Mirror reports that Inter Milan hope to beat the Reds to the Sweden international’s signature in January.

As with most things Roy didn't quite get it right :)

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #776: Jul 01, 2014 03:02:06 pm
      To be fair to Roy :-

Luis Suarez ‘subject of £12.5m Liverpool transfer bid’

Sunday 12 Dec 2010 1:10 pm
      Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson is also believed to be keen on in-form Bolton Wanderers centre forward Johan Elmander, as he looks for a new strike partner for Fernando Torres.

However, the Sunday Mirror reports that Inter Milan hope to beat the Reds to the Sweden international’s signature in January.

As with most things Roy didn't quite get it right :)

F***ing hell the Hodge really was an embarrassment.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #777: Jul 01, 2014 03:09:41 pm
      F***ing hell the Hodge really was an embarrassment.

But if we had bought Elmander instead of Suarez we wouldn't be worried about him going to Barca.

:D
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #778: Jul 01, 2014 03:40:53 pm
      But if we had bought Elmander instead of Suarez we wouldn't be worried about him going to Barca.

:D

;D Very true! Instead we'd be pinning for Darren Bent to help our relegation scrap.
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #779: Jul 01, 2014 05:22:48 pm
      What if in the upcoming months Suarez's advisors will start "selling" it and  will be making money (including himself) while sittng his butt down?
      Nasty things are being played behind the club's and the fans' backs.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #780: Jul 01, 2014 06:01:45 pm
      I heard some bollocks on this forum but I would like to see a source of Hodgeson trying to claim credit for a player Kenny signed.

You read your own posts?

Now valuing Sanchez at 40 million I see.

You might do well to try using google before accusing people of talking bollocks, something in which you are the acknowledged forum expert.
      Hodgson’s glowing scouting report on the merits of signing Luis Suárez played a role in ensuring the South American arrived at Anfield.

It is a quirky fact for the current West Bromwich Albion manager, facing his old club at the Hawthorns on Saturday, that the most important fixture he attended during six months at Anfield did not involve Liverpool.

On Sept 28 last season, Hodgson diverted from his route to Utrecht, where Liverpool were playing in the Europa League, and headed to Amsterdam.

A 1-1 draw between Ajax and AC Milan in the Champions League was notable for an outstanding performance by SuĂĄrez.

Hodgson was dismissed three weeks before the striker arrived at Liverpool in January, and he was left to lament what might have been had his disintegrating reign staggered along until the injection of the dynamic Uruguayan.

SuĂĄrez was first pursued by Liverpool after the World Cup, with Hodgson newly appointed, but their dire financial situation made him unobtainable. They were quoted ÂŁ23million by Ajax in August 2010.

By late September, knowing the possibility of fresh investment made a January deal possible, Hodgson travelled to Holland to satisfy himself Ajax’s valuation was justified.

Hodgson was certainly not the first Liverpool representative to assess the 23 year-old South American, and his critics will maintain whatever role he had in his capture was peripheral.

Kenny Dalglish and former Liverpool chief scout Eduardo Macia were also frequent visitors to the Amsterdam Arena as it became widely known one of the World Cup’s shining stars was available.

“Yes we looked at Suárez,” confirmed Hodgson. “Kenny also saw him play. Kenny was doing a lot of scouting alongside me.

“It was at a time the club was in the throes of a change of ownership. There was no question of making a bid and it was in between the two transfer windows. He was well researched. They took the plunge with Suárez and have been well rewarded.”

Current director of football Damien Comolli, appointed a month after Hodgson’s scouting trip, sealed the deal with fresh American dollars.

Dalglish gives most credit to Comolli’s “thorough due diligence” and admitted yesterday Suárez “was coming in, irrespective of anything else that happened in the transfer window”.

Hodgson’s (and Comolli’s) Anfield detractors will argue spotting the potential of World Cup semi-finalist was hardly visionary.

Given the sums spent since his departure it is also worth noting how Hodgson rated the second major signing last January, Andy Carroll.

Carroll was among those considered shortly after Hodgson’s arrival from Fulham, but not for anything more than £15million.

Hodgson preferred Bayern Munich’s Mario Gómez and a season-long loan deal was called off 24 hours before the striker was due arrive on Merseyside. While Gómez re-established himself in the Bundesliga - he finished top scorer with 28 last season - Liverpool turned back to Carroll for the somewhat extraordinary £35million.

As Hodgson considers his Anfield fate, the notion of him being the wrong man, in the wrong place at the wrong time has been even more apparent since his departure.

“The situation now is vastly different to the situation I had,” he said.

“I went in at a time of transition and the first job for the people who employed me was to make sure the club didn’t go into liquidation. It didn’t get close because of the great job Martin Broughton and Christian Purslow did. The new owners have invested in the squad but I realised when I went in there that there was going to be a change of ownership and that these things can always happen.”

Nevertheless, Hodgson will surely consider ‘what if’ given the £110 million spent at Anfield since he left. He is mocked for the transfers of Paul Konchesky and Christian Poulsen, lightweights whose combined fee was just £6 million, when the evidence is plentiful, as it was with his predecessor Rafa Benítez, that more desirable targets were beyond his budget.

Hodgson’s only expensive signing, Raul Meireles, was a success and sold for a profit to Chelsea last summer.

Had Hodgson survived long enough to manage SuĂĄrez, who faces a fitness test before Saturday's game, the best he could have hoped for was another six-month stay of execution before exiting with more dignity than he was granted.

Given his rehabilitation at West Brom and Liverpool’s progress under Dalglish, that would have done more harm than good to all concerned.

Liverpool and Hodgson evidently function more effectively away from each other.
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8856426/West-Bromwich-Albion-manager-Roy-Hodgson-hopes-Liverpools-Luis-Suarez-doesnt-return-to-haunt-him.html

That took 2 seconds to find, and as usual is full of hodgsons favourite topic. Himself and how wonderful he is.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #781: Jul 01, 2014 06:20:09 pm

Quick Reply