Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

World Cup Hero or fool?

Read 2037 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      World Cup Hero or fool?
      Jun 27, 2014 07:09:42 pm
      Chris Kamara 'catches street thief' in Brazil

Football pundit and former Leeds United star Chris Kamara has chased down a suspected thief at the World Cup in Brazil.

Kamara, who also played for Sheffield United and managed Bradford City, caught the suspect, who is thought to have been arrested by police.

Kamara, 56, tweeted: "Not lost me pace!!! I just caught this street robber. Done in now though."

He also tweeted pictures of the man, who failed to escape the scene.

Kammy 'Told off'
      Describing the suspect as "my prize catch", Kamara also tweeted: "My good deed has backfired I have to go to the police station now to make a statement."

A spokesman for the Foreign Office said travellers should be ready to hand over valuables amid fears attackers could be armed or under the influence of drugs.

He added: "We are aware of the incident and we are providing consular assistance to Mr Kamara.

"In terms of his actions in chasing the assailant, that goes against our recommended advice."

In response, the have-a-go-hero repentantly tweeted: "Police & British Consulate in Brazil have politely told me off, a lot of these guys are armed!"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-28064420

Freeking Loon!

Fair play to the guy, but I guess he is shitting himself now the penny has dropped.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Re: World Cup Hero or fool?
      Reply #1: Jun 27, 2014 07:32:08 pm

In response, the have-a-go-hero repentantly tweeted: "Police & British Consulate in Brazil have politely told me off, a lot of these guys are armed!"

The ones that are armed don't run.....
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #2: Jun 27, 2014 07:38:40 pm
      The ones that are armed don't run.....

Fact.
      Hear about some bad stuff over there with the robbing, sometimes the fuckers shoot even if you hand over the dosh.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #3: Jul 01, 2014 11:14:44 am
      Both - but you've got to love him.

Some lads I knew where robbed over there last week, but electronically from their credit cards.  They did say it was dodgy in places.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #4: Jul 01, 2014 11:26:06 am
      Fair play to him. Lucky though.

Quick Reply