Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Adam Lallana (End of contract, BHA)

Read 225828 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6727 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Adam Lallana Player Thread
      Reply #1035: Jan 25, 2016 10:30:11 pm
      I prefer your other photos of your nice neighbours

Yeah, can't do much at work today bud, got to wait til the arvo shifts when there's no one around...will be ready Friday.
      TheForge
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts |
      Reply #1036: Feb 03, 2016 06:16:36 pm
      Lallana is (I say this without doubt, exaggeration and venom and with all objectivity): the most useless player in the Premier League.  I justify that statement with this: nothing good happens from his touches (Norwich winner aside).  I have no idea how an attacking player like that can touch the ball so many times and have so few goals and assists (1 goal and 4 assists in 20 games (mostly starting) this season) to show for it.  It's like he took over the Glen Johnson role for the club.  He's like Can in that he shows a lot of skill on the ball, but nothing really good comes of it.  He is the destitute's version of David Silva.  He would be a Football God in League Two but unfortunately, he's a complete waste of time in the Premier League.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #1037: Feb 03, 2016 08:41:04 pm
      Lallana is (I say this without doubt, exaggeration and venom and with all objectivity): the most useless player in the Premier League.  I justify that statement with this: nothing good happens from his touches (Norwich winner aside).  I have no idea how an attacking player like that can touch the ball so many times and have so few goals and assists (1 goal and 4 assists in 20 games (mostly starting) this season) to show for it.  It's like he took over the Glen Johnson role for the club.  He's like Can in that he shows a lot of skill on the ball, but nothing really good comes of it.  He is the destitute's version of David Silva.  He would be a Football God in League Two but unfortunately, he's a complete waste of time in the Premier League.

Massive over reaction.

TheForge
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts |
      Reply #1038: Feb 03, 2016 10:15:30 pm

How is that an over-reaction to 1 goal and 4 assists in 20 games (mostly as a starter) for an attacking-oriented midfielder?  Essentially no goals and 1 assist every 5 games!!  This has been an observation over time, and certainly not a knee-jerk reaction
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1039: Feb 03, 2016 10:44:41 pm
      How is that an over-reaction to 1 goal and 4 assists in 20 games (mostly as a starter) for an attacking-oriented midfielder?  Essentially no goals and 1 assist every 5 games!!  This has been an observation over time, and certainly not a knee-jerk reaction
      Because it's quite possibly the stupidest statement (if meant to be genuine and not hyperbole) that's been written on this forum since I've been a member.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #1040: Feb 03, 2016 11:03:07 pm

Because he is nowhere near the worst player in the league.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #1041: Feb 11, 2016 01:25:51 pm
      Whatever opinions are amongst the fans Lallana is clearly one of Jürgen's favourites.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1042: Feb 11, 2016 02:23:31 pm
      Whatever opinions are amongst the fans Lallana is clearly one of Jürgen's favourites.

Apparently so is Mignolet though ;D
      Barnesy10
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #1043: Feb 13, 2016 10:26:27 am
      I have supported the club since 1988, and I can honestly say Adam Lallana is one signing that I cannot understand. He can't pass, can't run, can't beat a man, can't shoot, no strength, no end product. He symbolises what Brendan Rodgers has done to our club. We have always had a superstar to carry the team, even in the dark days of Souness reign. Poor Phil Coutinho is our best player., but he cannot carry the team the way Stevie, or Robbie Fowler, or Suarez did. Brendan Rodgers has turned us into a mid table team, with his mid table signings. I watch old games just to see our midfield of Stevie G, Xabi & Mascherano. Oh how we have fallen since then
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #1044: Feb 13, 2016 04:37:45 pm
      I have supported the club since 1988, and I can honestly say Adam Lallana is one signing that I cannot understand. He can't pass, can't run, can't beat a man, can't shoot, no strength, no end product. He symbolises what Brendan Rodgers has done to our club. We have always had a superstar to carry the team, even in the dark days of Souness reign. Poor Phil Coutinho is our best player., but he cannot carry the team the way Stevie, or Robbie Fowler, or Suarez did. Brendan Rodgers has turned us into a mid table team, with his mid table signings. I watch old games just to see our midfield of Stevie G, Xabi & Mascherano. Oh how we have fallen since then

nah you haven't i bet it's your job to be a WUM online, dirty journo

lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1045: Feb 15, 2016 11:18:40 pm
      I rate Adam. He just lacks a cutting edge and goals. Admittedly that is a lot to lack if you are part of a Klopp front 3 but i still have hope
      craigsmith1995
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts |
      Reply #1046: Feb 17, 2016 01:06:24 pm
      Works hard that's it. He is poor in the final third, plays week in week out and still no signs of improvement
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1047: Feb 18, 2016 03:40:01 pm
      had a good run until his injury but i think we need to also get rid as he will hardly get gametime next season i think, he puts a shift in but he's slow and is best suited to seeing games out rather than being  our creative spark. like the lad but i think he's 3years to late for Liverpool when we signed him. Paid way way way over what he's worth and will be lucky to see 5mil
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #1048: Feb 28, 2016 08:56:19 pm
      Came on tonight when others were tired and as usual offered nothing, won't mention the penalty as it was a decent save but he offers nothing to this football club! Would like to see him gone in the summer, youth player would offer more
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #1049: Feb 28, 2016 09:03:31 pm
      We don't score the goal if he's not on the pitch.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1050: Feb 28, 2016 09:07:57 pm
      We don't score the goal if he's not on the pitch.

He hit the post from 3 yards out  :D

Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #1051: Feb 28, 2016 09:12:14 pm
      Came on tonight when others were tired and as usual offered nothing, won't mention the penalty as it was a decent save but he offers nothing to this football club! Would like to see him gone in the summer, youth player would offer more

Sadly, I thought exactly the same. Of all the players, I thought he was the weakest - folk criticise the likes of Hendo, Can and Milner but I thought they did generally well off the ball by closing down and blocking the passing lanes (on the ball they are not the answer however).

I used an analogy by saying that Hendo, Milner and Can are engines - much needed in any side, especially an English club - but they are not the keys to unlocking other teams. Every good team needs their 'engines', however Liverpool at the moment is like a car with three engines but no steering wheel.

And Lallana's job is to be the steering wheel (be creative and drive the team) - but he's failing to do that. His work off the ball wasn't as great as the others in the team but again, he offered nothing to unlock the City defence. While there are moments of brilliant from him, his appearances even in 90 minutes seems to be almost cameo like. Being a constant thorn in the oppositions side is what he was brought in to do and what he is meant to be good at, but his flashes of quality have been way way way too sporadic. It's not good enough to pop up now and then during 90 minutes.

I worry about his future here. If I was a betting man, I don't think he has a future under Klopp to be brutally honest.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1052: Mar 02, 2016 10:21:26 pm
      Has had a lot off stick from me all season but that was his best performance of the season. Real purpose going forward, no hogging the ball and a bit of aggression.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1053: Mar 02, 2016 10:21:56 pm
      Has had a lot off stick from me all season but that was his best performance of the season. Real purpose going forward, no hogging the ball and a bit of aggression.

Echo every word, spot on performance by the lad both on and off the ball.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #1054: Mar 02, 2016 10:26:36 pm
      THAT is the Lallana we all thought we were getting. Was perfect today.

Love watching him when he's on fire
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #1055: Mar 02, 2016 10:39:33 pm
      Where the hell has this Lallana been for the past 18 months?
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #1056: Mar 03, 2016 02:42:44 am
      I'm a big fan of his (I seem to like every player that the rest of you lot hate). Brilliant performance from him tonight.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6727 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1057: Mar 03, 2016 09:06:58 am
      Brilliant display, that's what we have been waiting for Adam. Keep it going for the rest of the Season lad.

Quick Reply