Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

Adam Lallana (End of contract, BHA)

Read 224726 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Adam Lallana Player Thread
      Reply #1288: Feb 11, 2017 10:57:23 pm
      Thought he played a blinder. Think most people would give Sadio  MOTM but for me it was Lallana, didn't stop running, chasing and tackling all night, put in a brilliant shift.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1289: Feb 12, 2017 11:08:58 am
      Worth all of that new contract
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1290: Feb 12, 2017 12:24:05 pm
      My motm yesterday.  To think this lad couldn't last 70 minutes a couple of seasons ago.

What a F***ing player!!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #1291: Feb 13, 2017 11:06:27 pm
      Back to his tenacious best on Saturday, harried Spurs all over the pitch, must have ran miles, deserves every quid of that new contract, keep up the good work Adam la  ;D
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1292: Feb 14, 2017 01:42:26 am
      See there was an article in the Guardian where Lallana said Henderson called a meeting at Melwood without Klopp's knowledge.

They got together and spoke about their poor form and all pulled together prior to the Spurs match.

(Probably should have gone in the Hendo thread), but that was a good call from the captain to air any issues out and back each other up.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1293: Feb 27, 2017 11:05:14 pm
      Lovely pretty player and just like Coutinho can't handle the physical tactics of teams like Leicester.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,225 posts | 6352 
      Reply #1294: Feb 27, 2017 11:15:01 pm
      Lovely pretty player and just like Coutinho can't handle the physical tactics of teams like Leicester.

Gets some protection when Hendo is in there....you  might be on to something...maybe we need a couple players with steel to shield our technicians?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #1295: Feb 28, 2017 06:04:15 pm
      We deffo need a bit of a Graeme Souness/Jimmy Case type player in our midfield, someone who's not afraid to put a hard tackle in, Adam, as gorgeous as he is, isn't that type of player.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,723 posts | 566 
      Reply #1296: Feb 28, 2017 07:56:47 pm
      a key player in big games, but waste of space against teams who fight
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #1297: Feb 28, 2017 08:01:27 pm
      more worry about his hair then getting stick in when things get rough
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 334 
      Reply #1298: Feb 28, 2017 08:46:57 pm
      more worry about his hair then getting stick in when things get rough

Not having this any more.  The whole team were awful (Mignolet apart), we play 8 midfielders and 2 defenders, Lucas at CB against Vardy, nobody looks interested, and Lallana gets it in the neck because his hair looks nice?

Reminds me of people criticising Brendon for having white teeth.  Jesus wept.  We have bigger problems, people.

Also, it gets annoying trying to read posts by someone with no interesting in using grammar or punctuation.  Or are you trying to be a comedy Rasta?
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1459 
      Reply #1299: Mar 01, 2017 01:09:16 pm
      Not having this any more.  The whole team were awful (Mignolet apart), we play 8 midfielders and 2 defenders, Lucas at CB against Vardy, nobody looks interested, and Lallana gets it in the neck because his hair looks nice?

Reminds me of people criticising Brendon for having white teeth.  Jesus wept.  We have bigger problems, people.

Also, it gets annoying trying to read posts by someone with no interesting in using grammar or punctuation.  Or are you trying to be a comedy Rasta?
      In fairness mate 'Ireland' suffers from dyslexia.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 334 
      Reply #1300: Mar 01, 2017 06:36:33 pm
      In fairness mate 'Ireland' suffers from dyslexia.

If that is the case, Ireland, I'm really sorry.  On a rant and I regret any offence, truly.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,225 posts | 6352 
      Reply #1301: Mar 01, 2017 06:37:25 pm
      Amazing how much praise Lallana gets, one bad team performance and he's back in the dog house. Fickle bunch of  fans we are.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1302: Mar 01, 2017 07:05:06 pm
      Amazing how much praise Lallana gets, one bad team performance and he's back in the dog house. Fickle bunch of  fans we are.

Like the rest of the team he has been gash since Christmas bar the Spurs game.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,194 posts | 912 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1303: Mar 01, 2017 08:47:54 pm

Has only had one good game since Christmas, and needs to grow a pair to earn his 110k a week
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,225 posts | 6352 
      Reply #1304: Mar 01, 2017 09:17:12 pm

Has only had one good game since Christmas, and needs to grow a pair to earn his 110k a week

Thank you for proving my point. Sometimes it's like shooting fish in a barrel.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1305: Mar 01, 2017 09:57:31 pm

Two, Chelsea and Spurs, but so has everyone else.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1306: Mar 01, 2017 10:35:52 pm

Agreed and nobody has probably flipped more than myself on Lallana. By the time Brendan was leaving me and you were at odds with this lad, I could never see him making it as a wide forward, turned back on himself far too often and didn't score nor create nearly enough. A great ball carrier without the pace to really hurt is how I saw him.

Now since Jürgen listened to me and brought him back into midfield I think he's been a revelation  :f_tongueincheek: and what he does off the ball from that position is outstanding. If you gave him and Mane a better full-back than Clyne to create with we'd absolutely rip teams apart on the right hand side.

Another lad that probably has a few more miles on the clock this season than is preferable and was due a dip in form but overall he's a contender for player of the season in my book and if anyone sees it differently then I can only think an awful lot of recency bias is coming in to play.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1307: Mar 01, 2017 11:07:00 pm

How? Explain. In detail.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1308: Mar 01, 2017 11:12:58 pm
      Agreed and nobody has probably flipped more than myself on Lallana. By the time Brendan was leaving me and you were at odds with this lad, I could never see him making it as a wide forward, turned back on himself far too often and didn't score nor create nearly enough. A great ball carrier without the pace to really hurt is how I saw him.

Now since Jürgen listened to me and brought him back into midfield I think he's been a revelation  :f_tongueincheek: and what he does off the ball from that position is outstanding. If you gave him and Mane a better full-back than Clyne to create with we'd absolutely rip teams apart on the right hand side.

Another lad that probably has a few more miles on the clock this season than is preferable and was due a dip in form but overall he's a contender for player of the season in my book and if anyone sees it differently then I can only think an awful lot of recency bias is coming in to play.

Sorry but don't agree with all of this, first off Clynes primary job is too defend which he does probably better than any of our defenders.
      And if we are talking about stats take away Jimmys penalties and you will find Clyne is also more productive.

If we are relying on Clyne to be the fulcrum of our attacks then we are in a lot more trouble than most imagine.

I get Clyne could be better going forward but no one is going to convince me he is any worse than Jimmy Milner who is a bone fida winger!

Juergen wants to play a high tempo football I get that but he doesn't have the tools, he is not going to turn Jimmy and Clyne into Grosskreutz and Piszczek.
      He needs to be a bit more pragmatic or maybe as I suspect and hope he is pushing all of his players to the limit to see if they are up to the job before the final purge!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,795 posts | 2447 
      Reply #1309: Mar 01, 2017 11:20:05 pm

Still one of our very few decent performers this season.

Certainly miles better than Firmino.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1310: Mar 01, 2017 11:54:06 pm
      Sorry but don't agree with all of this, first off Clynes primary job is too defend which he does probably better than any of our defenders.
      And if we are talking about stats take away Jimmys penalties and you will find Clyne is also more productive.

Massively over-rated in this department mate, don't see him blocking crosses on a regular basis. In fact he prefers to let others do that job for him. He also doesn't perform well in the air, when did you last see Clyne win a header? When did you see him tackle rather than just press the ball off an opponent? Now I'm sure there are a lot of stats that says he wins x amount of tackles and wins x amount of headers but I mean actual tackles where he isn't favourite for the ball and in terms of headers not ones in midfield where the competition isn't just his opposing winger / full back.

See Clyne's assests are hugely over stated and have been for a long time. He gets up and down that wing like nobody else, he's got stamina to burn but what he does when he gets to either last or first 3rd isn't good enough in my book, not even close.

When you say about being productive that is a slight on Jimmy not a + on Clyne, go back and see how many or even what % of our attacks stop or fail when our full-backs become involved. It would be eyewatering and a painful exercise, neither has the ability to beat a man in any shape that could be deemed consistent. Both can't shoot from their positions, neither has an insightful pass and neither is producing crosses of any consistent threat. Sure both will chip in occasionally with assist because we give them the opportunity so damn much and they are largely ignored by our opponents as 'threats' so that's where we become easier to play against.

I'm not asking Clyne to become Robben, I'm asking him to complement the players around him, to offer something rather than nothing and stop just launching the ball into the box so god damn aimlessly when he runs out of ideas. The amount of energy we put in to get him in the open, or Jimmy for that matter and the amount of movement it takes to grant them the opportunity to produce anything of note it is embarrassing how low they are in terms of productivity.

For me, aside from an absolute Mascherano type in DM, these are our weakest areas of the pitch by a considerable distance and it's astonishing to me how little they get in terms of stick or criticism. We're conceding at 1.3 a game, something so many are critical of and these 2 are 50% of our defensive line, you're telling me they're up to task here? I'd prefer to start with TAA any day of the week.

As for Lallana/Mane they would be given much more space if the full-back on this side could provide any type of threat, same with Coutinho on the other. It's extremely easy to mark players when you can surrender the width to players who wont hurt you.

Quick Reply