Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Adam Lallana (End of contract, BHA)

Read 224856 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Re: Adam Lallana Player Thread
      Reply #1311: Mar 02, 2017 12:13:06 am
      Massively over-rated in this department mate, don't see him blocking crosses on a regular basis. In fact he prefers to let others do that job for him. He also doesn't perform well in the air, when did you last see Clyne win a header? When did you see him tackle rather than just press the ball off an opponent? Now I'm sure there are a lot of stats that says he wins x amount of tackles and wins x amount of headers but I mean actual tackles where he isn't favourite for the ball and in terms of headers not ones in midfield where the competition isn't just his opposing winger / full back.

See Clyne's assests are hugely over stated and have been for a long time. He gets up and down that wing like nobody else, he's got stamina to burn but what he does when he gets to either last or first 3rd isn't good enough in my book, not even close.

When you say about being productive that is a slight on Jimmy not a + on Clyne, go back and see how many or even what % of our attacks stop or fail when our full-backs become involved. It would be eyewatering and a painful exercise, neither has the ability to beat a man in any shape that could be deemed consistent. Both can't shoot from their positions, neither has an insightful pass and neither is producing crosses of any consistent threat. Sure both will chip in occasionally with assist because we give them the opportunity so damn much and they are largely ignored by our opponents as 'threats' so that's where we become easier to play against.

I'm not asking Clyne to become Robben, I'm asking him to complement the players around him, to offer something rather than nothing and stop just launching the ball into the box so god damn aimlessly when he runs out of ideas. The amount of energy we put in to get him in the open, or Jimmy for that matter and the amount of movement it takes to grant them the opportunity to produce anything of note it is embarrassing how low they are in terms of productivity.

For me, aside from an absolute Mascherano type in DM, these are our weakest areas of the pitch by a considerable distance and it's astonishing to me how little they get in terms of stick or criticism. We're conceding at 1.3 a game, something so many are critical of and these 2 are 50% of our defensive line, you're telling me they're up to task here? I'd prefer to start with TAA any day of the week.

As for Lallana/Mane they would be given much more space if the full-back on this side could provide any type of threat, same with Coutinho on the other. It's extremely easy to mark players when you can surrender the width to players who wont hurt you.

I will give you aerial duels he is actually awful, I have mentioned it myself but on the other scores nah dirty he scores as highly as any of the top right backs in the country for tackles won, pass completion, key passes, chances created. Not his fault against Leicester when he cut in a great cross to Firmino that he had the touch of a rapist in the box.

Question would be which full backs in the league provide better stats going forward and defensively?

Clyne is a great defensive fullback, doesn't get roasted for pace or positional play like Jimmy.

If we want an attacking full back then Clyne is not for us but bearing in mind how poor we are defensively that would be a huge mistake until Jürgen brings in bettervdefensive midfielders to cover for two attacking full backs and we move to a 4231.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1312: Mar 02, 2017 12:18:40 am
      I will give you aerial duels he is actually awful, I have mentioned it myself but on the other scores nah dirty he scores as highly as any of the top right backs in the country for tackles won, pass completion, key passes, chances created. Not his fault against Leicester when he cut in a great cross to Firmino that he had the touch of a rapist in the box.

Clyne is a great defensive fullback, doesn't get roasted for pace or positional play like Jimmy.

If we want an attacking full back then Clyne is not for us but bearing in mind how poor we are defensively that would be a huge mistake until Jürgen brings in better defensive midfielders to cover for two attacking full backs and we move to a 4231.

Well we'll have to agree to disagree before we Lallana's thread way off track but in terms of chances created/assists etc take into account our % of possession compared to virtually every other team in the league and how many opportunities Clyne and Milner are given.

As you've conceded the heading department I'd also agree that in terms of out getting roasted, no that wont happen often his running ability both speed and endurance are his best assets by far.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1313: Mar 02, 2017 12:21:36 am
      Well we'll have to agree to disagree before we Lallana's thread way off track but in terms of chances created/assists etc take into account our % of possession compared to virtually every other team in the league and how many opportunities Clyne and Milner are given.

As you've conceded the heading department I'd also agree that in terms of out getting roasted, no that wont happen often his running ability both speed and endurance are his best assets by far.

:gt-happyup:

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1314: Mar 04, 2017 11:15:08 pm
      Probably his best performance since Christmas. Nice to see the Adam of pre December back.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #1315: Mar 05, 2017 05:05:44 pm
      What a performance yesterday from Adam. Best player on the pitch by a mile, well maybe Mane ran him close but the skill and the pressing was a joy to watch. Keep it going
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1316: Mar 19, 2017 06:36:51 pm
      That miss separates the good from the great players.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1317: Mar 19, 2017 06:42:13 pm
      Pele, Suarez and Ronaldo all missed open goals. Are you saying Lallana is great?
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #1318: Mar 19, 2017 06:47:20 pm

I agree that Lallana is not a great player (in the world-class sense) but I don't think that miss was very telling. Most world-class players have misses like that some point in their career. Our issue is we have lots of these players like Firmino and Lallana who do a lot of leg works over the field, both defending and attacking. By the time they're in a position to finish their chance, they're either knackered or lack the composure to do it well. Happened to Firmino, Lallana, and Mane today. 
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1319: Mar 19, 2017 07:00:41 pm
      I agree that Lallana is not a great player (in the world-class sense) but I don't think that miss was very telling. Most world-class players have misses like that some point in their career. Our issue is we have lots of these players like Firmino and Lallana who do a lot of leg works over the field, both defending and attacking. By the time they're in a position to finish their chance, they're either knackered or lack the composure to do it well. Happened to Firmino, Lallana, and Mane today. 

It's a fair point but it also has to be said that without their industry we don't create the chances either, so for me it's a bit of the rough with the smooth in that scenario.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1320: Mar 19, 2017 07:02:05 pm
      Pele, Suarez and Ronaldo all missed open goals. Are you saying Lallana is great?

Just read what I wrote Dumbo then you would not have to ask stupid questions!

green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #1321: Mar 19, 2017 07:20:15 pm
      It's a fair point but it also has to be said that without their industry we don't create the chances either, so for me it's a bit of the rough with the smooth in that scenario.

Agreed. What we need is a clinical striker to provide the focal point for our attacks.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,480 posts | 231 
      Reply #1322: Mar 19, 2017 07:33:55 pm
      Hope he doesnt dwell on it, still had a good game. Move on!

He made a fantastic block in our own box to put one of their players off.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #1323: Mar 19, 2017 08:16:09 pm

F***ing hell youre thick.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1324: Mar 19, 2017 08:31:45 pm
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1325: Mar 19, 2017 08:37:39 pm
      Adam will be having nightmares about that miss for weeks. Could've happened to anyone.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1326: Mar 19, 2017 08:51:11 pm
      Just read what I wrote Dumbo then you would not have to ask stupid questions!
      Amazing how I knew what you were on about but you had no idea I was being sarcastic, then you two think I am the thick one. How about you two put all your individual brain cells together, then you will have 4 brain cells. How many brain cells do you have each?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1327: Mar 28, 2017 04:21:56 pm
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #1328: Mar 28, 2017 04:37:28 pm
      Absolutely fuming at International football!

4 weeks out for one of our best, good news is Hendo should be back so a midfield of Henderson Gini and the Improving Can doesn't fill me with that much dispair!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1329: Mar 28, 2017 04:41:24 pm
      I wish the FA and the England setup would die a horrible death.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #1330: Mar 28, 2017 04:51:08 pm
      F***ing joke that.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1331: Mar 28, 2017 04:58:06 pm
      I'd put Cou where Lallana normally plays.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1332: Mar 28, 2017 05:07:43 pm
      Now come on guys, it's obviously a loss but we have the squad to cope with this...
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #1333: Mar 28, 2017 07:09:05 pm
      Southgate knew he was injured at half time as well and still made him play the full game the goofy looking fucktard  :mad:

Quick Reply