Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

Adam Lallana (End of contract, BHA)

Read 224724 times
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Re: Adam Lallana Player Thread
      Reply #1541: Jul 12, 2018 12:00:39 pm
      I'm really curious to see how Lallana is utilized this season.  The signings of Keita, Fabinho, and possibly Fekir / Ziyech (according to rumors) suggests that Lallana isn't going to see many minutes in midfield.  Additionally, the reported signing of Shaqiri suggests that Lallana won't be used as a wide forward very often.  Which pretty much leaves the ST/CF role as the only option.  We seem short of depth at that position, but maybe Klopp has something in mind that nobody else sees (like Milner at LB).  Firmino was a #10 who Klopp converted into a false #9.  Is he planning on doing the same with Lallana? 
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1644 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1542: Jul 17, 2018 06:35:00 pm
      Might be time to cash in on him, particularly if Fekir signs.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1543: Jul 17, 2018 06:39:46 pm
      Might be time to cash in on him particularly if Fekir signs.
      I left the bit I agree with.
      Had a couple of decent seasons, but he is injury prone and when he comes back from injury he takes to long to get back into things.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #1544: Jul 18, 2018 05:23:58 pm
      Given what happen at the tail end of last season we would like to keep as many bodies as we can. As far as playing minutes go it is going he with Ox being out until Nov/Dec it does open a window for Adam to make impact and show Klopp he can be contribute because if everyone is fit (like that is going to happen ;D)and in good form it is really hard to see him even on the bench for us.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1545: Jul 20, 2018 02:14:25 am
      Any one else think Adam can be re-programmed to be Bobby's back up striker?

He can score goals, he can do the little tricks and he tracks back with pace just like Bobby.

Instead of getting rid of him, because we know he is a quality player, don't worry about forking out for a new Striker, use Adam instead. This I think will only be a possible if Fekir comes in.

Just a thought!
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #1546: Jul 20, 2018 07:47:22 am

He can score goals, he can do the little tricks and he tracks back with pace just like Bobby.

Instead of getting rid of him, because we know he is a quality player, don't worry about forking out for a new Striker, use Adam instead. This I think will only be a possible if Fekir comes in.

Just a thought!

Personally, I think we need Lallana not quite so advanced to make use of his creativity. If Sturridge doesn't get stuck in enough, I wouldn't be surprised to see Shaqiri get a run in that false 9 role. He can be a pest without the ball (like Bobby), and is more than capable of using his strength and trickery to hold up the ball and play our fast wingers in.

But if we end up selling or loaning out at least two of Ings, Origi, and Solanke, don't be surprised to see all kinds of experimentation like that. Klopp loves a fluid formation and personnel!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1547: Jul 20, 2018 08:16:48 am

Just a thought!

The most obvious problem is that he does NOT score many goals, he has a lot of other qualities but goalscoring aint one of them.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1548: Jul 20, 2018 08:51:02 am
      The most obvious problem is that he does NOT score many goals, he has a lot of other qualities but goalscoring aint one of them.

He doesn’t need to.

Personally, I think we need Lallana not quite so advanced to make use of his creativity. If Sturridge doesn't get stuck in enough, I wouldn't be surprised to see Shaqiri get a run in that false 9 role. He can be a pest without the ball (like Bobby), and is more than capable of using his strength and trickery to hold up the ball and play our fast wingers in.

But if we end up selling or loaning out at least two of Ings, Origi, and Solanke, don't be surprised to see all kinds of experimentation like that. Klopp loves a fluid formation and personnel!

Shaqiri is small and insists on playing on his left foot. He’d get marked out of a game if he played central.

Adam is showing enough signs this early that he’s going to give Ox’s spot in the side a good go. Still think he starts week one against the Hammers.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1549: Jul 20, 2018 09:14:59 am
      He doesn’t need to.

Shaqiri is small and insists on playing on his left foot. He’d get marked out of a game if he played central.

Adam is showing enough signs this early that he’s going to give Ox’s spot in the side a good go. Still think he starts week one against the Hammers.

erm I think if he is to fill in for Bobby, which is what the poster I was replying to was suggesting, it would be nice if he could score the odd goal, do you not think so?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      Reply #1550: Jul 21, 2018 01:00:47 am

He hasn't been on the pitch to score goals. He needs a good run of games under his belt and he will find his scoring touch, the problem is, will he get a good run of games under his belt or will he get injured again?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1551: Jul 21, 2018 01:15:19 am
      He hasn't been on the pitch to score goals. He needs a good run of games under his belt and he will find his scoring touch, the problem is, will he get a good run of games under his belt or will he get injured again?

That's the problem isn't it?

It's a real shame because our pressing game under Jürgen was kind of initially built around him in 2015 and 2016 and he was kind of our main man in that part of the game. It will be interesting to see how he fits back into the side.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      Reply #1552: Jul 21, 2018 01:23:11 am
      That's the problem isn't it?

It's a real shame because our pressing game under Jürgen was kind of initially built around him in 2015 and 2016 and he was kind of our main man in that part of the game. It will be interesting to see how he fits back into the side.

We can only hope he stays injury free for the whole season mate and see where that gets us. It's like another new signing if he stays fit.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,974 posts | 237 
      Reply #1553: Jul 21, 2018 06:13:52 am

Anything but those words :D
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1554: Aug 03, 2018 09:26:48 am
      Turning into the forgotten man in team discussions.

He's been looking sharp in pre season and before his injury woes he was in the form of his life. Still a game changer at his best, just hope he can stay fit.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1555: Aug 03, 2018 09:30:45 am
      Turning into the forgotten man in team discussions.

He's been looking sharp in pre season and before his injury woes he was in the form of his life. Still a game changer at his best, just hope he can stay fit.

I agree, in discussions about the midfield people constantly forget about Lallana being back suggesting we have the same number of midfielders as before whilst in reality we have one more than last season and a significant upgrade in quality.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #1556: Aug 03, 2018 04:53:18 pm
      Problem is he is getting injuries quite a lot so can't rely on him, how many games will he be able to play? Out against Napoli tomorrow with another. That''s why we need another signing, it's a long season.

F***ing injured again. He’s becoming worse than Sturridge
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1557: Aug 03, 2018 05:24:02 pm

I read it wasn't a big injury but he's not being risked in pre-season again.

Still see your point though, all adds up
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1558: Aug 03, 2018 05:51:04 pm
      Injured again. Yeah, don’t expect to see him much next season. Like Lallana but as I’ve said before; he’s only actually had 1 decent season with us and I can’t see where he fits in the team anymore, almost like we’ve outgrown him IMO.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,225 posts | 6352 
      Reply #1559: Aug 03, 2018 06:33:48 pm

It's literally precautionary, this is the time of year when they take muscle strains and soreness and treat them like life threatening injuries.

Were you this worried when Keita was kept away from playing Man City and United because of a stiff neck from an airplane ride?

tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,280 posts | 235 
      Reply #1560: Sep 04, 2018 02:33:20 pm
      Adam Lallana injury scare as midfielder pulls up during England training and leaves session....
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1561: Sep 04, 2018 03:00:46 pm
      Adam Lallana injury scare as midfielder pulls up during England training and leaves session....

Last thing he...or we, needed.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1562: Sep 04, 2018 03:02:11 pm
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,326 posts | 181 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #1563: Sep 04, 2018 04:26:16 pm

Well F**k.

This makes me sad. I highly rate Lallana, but he's slowly drifting into the Fabio Aurelio zone. A fantastic player that cannot get a F***ing break from injuries, much like our boy Stu. I was really looking forward to a midfield of Keita, Fabinho and Lallana. Hope it's not too bad.

Quick Reply