Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Napoli [Champions League] Tue 11th Dec @ 8:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 11th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P22 W7 D8 L7

Adam Lallana Player Thread

Read 103069 times
      LondonRed83
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,540 posts | 734 
      Re: Adam Lallana Player Thread
      Reply #1650: Oct 21, 2018 09:38:15 pm
      Should play in central midfield if he is to play as he doesn't have the pace to play wide up front.

Agreed.

Some of his Cruyff turns are unreal, stick him in the middle and he’ll make space for himself
      Dadorious
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,615 posts | 929 
      Reply #1651: Oct 22, 2018 01:08:31 am
      Thought that was a very good return for him given how long he's bed out for. I always saw Adam as a CAM and in the absence of a creative number ten now I would give him a run in there.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 669 posts | 150 
      Reply #1652: Oct 22, 2018 01:29:37 am
      Should play in central midfield if he is to play as he doesn't have the pace to play wide up front.

It's more to lack of options than anything else, really. We don't have a natural replacement for Mane when he's out so Lallana is the one who was chosen to fill in. I believe Ox has also played LW in fill-in appearances, but he's also out of position when he's there. We need a proper Mane backup.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,008 posts | 166 
      Reply #1653: Oct 22, 2018 09:45:33 am
      It's more to lack of options than anything else, really. We don't have a natural replacement for Mane when he's out so Lallana is the one who was chosen to fill in. I believe Ox has also played LW in fill-in appearances, but he's also out of position when he's there. We need a proper Mane backup.

Shaq would be the obvious back up out wide. Jürgen played him centrally, with Lallana out wide against Huddersfield. Worth a try maybe - Lallana played mainly on the wing for Southampton ( and was one of our better players against Huddersfield), but overall probably better swapping those 2 round.

Origi is also an option wide left at a push. As is Ox when he is fit again. I think we have a fair bit of cover in wide areas overall.
      heimdall

• 7,181 posts | 1357 
      Reply #1654: Oct 22, 2018 12:11:47 pm
      Shaq would be the obvious back up out wide. Jürgen played him centrally, with Lallana out wide against Huddersfield. Worth a try maybe - Lallana played mainly on the wing for Southampton ( and was one of our better players against Huddersfield), but overall probably better swapping those 2 round.

Origi is also an option wide left at a push. As is Ox when he is fit again. I think we have a fair bit of cover in wide areas overall.

Yeah I thought that was a bit weird, playing Lallana up top and Shaq in midfield, almost as weird as playing Lovren as CB instead of Gomez and dropping TAA. I'm not quite sure what Klopp's thinking is with that, surely the preferred CB pairing has to be VVD and Gomez or has Jürgen bought into Lovren's posts about him being the best defender in the world?
      Dadorious
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,615 posts | 929 
      Reply #1655: Oct 22, 2018 12:53:35 pm
      Yeah I thought that was a bit weird, playing Lallana up top and Shaq in midfield, almost as weird as playing Lovren as CB instead of Gomez and dropping TAA. I'm not quite sure what Klopp's thinking is with that, surely the preferred CB pairing has to be VVD and Gomez or has Jürgen bought into Lovren's posts about him being the best defender in the world?

Yeah cool story.

Maybe he just lost your number and couldn't get a hold of you to check on your infinite coaching experience and knowledge.

I'll write to the club and express all our concerns.
      artaylor
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,942 posts | 265 
      Reply #1656: Oct 22, 2018 01:16:12 pm

One of Huddersfield's main threats is the long ball and particularly the long throw. TAA is nowhere near as strong as Gomez is in the air, which I think is one of the reasons for Lovren's inclusion and Gomez being shifted to RB. We then have a strong CB and a RB who's very capable of defending the near post for those long throws especially. That, coupled with TAA's inconsistent performance levels so far this season, is probably a decent explanation.

Gomez and VVD is our number one partnership but Klopp sure knows a great deal more about his players than you or I do, and if he wants to use Lovren - who is still a good defender whatever you or anyone says - for certain games then there's usually one or two reasons for it.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,114 posts | 2068 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1657: Oct 22, 2018 04:55:06 pm
      Lallana will have the same fate like Moreno. We have enough in midfield and Lallana is not the difference maker we need there.

Gotta say I was impressed with what Adam offered after his eternal absence. If he stays injury-free he will become an upgrade to Hendo Gini and certainly to Milner.

Glad to see you change your tone, but Lallana played in the front 3.
      Where do you see him replacing Hendo, Gini & Milner?
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,038 posts | 249 
      Reply #1658: Nov 06, 2018 08:10:50 pm
      Zero end product. Too slow.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,501 posts | 2526 
      Reply #1659: Nov 06, 2018 09:41:40 pm
      Always takes ages to get up to a decent speed, which like lawn mower pace for Adam, but you would imagine with all our midfielders bar Ox back from injury how many more chances will he get to get to build up that elusive match fitness.

Probably best for him if he wants regular football to move on next year.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,127 posts | 2707 
      Reply #1660: Nov 06, 2018 09:52:58 pm
      I think some of us hoped rather than believed he could get back to his best but his touch has improved but his pace seems to have gone and that's understandable given the time out he has had. Its hard to see how he can get into the side and improve it
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,977 posts | 3646 
      Reply #1661: Nov 06, 2018 10:02:48 pm
      Was a good, almost great player once. But that was then. Southampton in January?
      chats
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 20,702 posts | 595 
      Reply #1662: Nov 06, 2018 10:04:03 pm
      I actually thought he was our best tonight.

Not saying much mind.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,297 posts | 1738 
      Reply #1663: Nov 06, 2018 10:06:30 pm
      Was a good, almost great player once. But that was then. Southampton in January?

I don’t think he’ll go during the season but I remember watching him begin his comeback in u23s earlier this year and wondering how the hell he could take our team forward...........

Mind that team weren’t playing like this team ;)
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,168 posts | 709 
      Reply #1664: Nov 06, 2018 10:39:20 pm
      swap,sell, trade do some f***in' thing with him and the January window
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,798 posts | 139 
      Reply #1665: Nov 06, 2018 10:51:00 pm
      Perhaps send him marching, back to Southampton.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,510 posts | 186 
      Reply #1666: Nov 07, 2018 01:37:33 am
      I don't know if Lallana can help this team, he's unpredictable but not in a good way.
      heimdall

• 7,181 posts | 1357 
      Reply #1667: Nov 07, 2018 10:27:54 am
      I really thought Lallana could be useful for us this season but he is light years behind Shaquiri in that AM role. Can he get back up to speed, sadly I doubt it.

I think we need to go back in for Fekir in January and just pay what ever we need to, we desperately lack creativity in midfield and can't just rely on Shaq all season.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,565 posts | 971 
      Reply #1668: Nov 07, 2018 10:32:40 am
      Unfortunately injuries may have caught up with Adam, like Stu his pace is non existent now.

Time to go perhaps he will do well in a mid table team.
      LFC-LCFC
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,749 posts | 127 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #1669: Nov 07, 2018 11:21:41 am
      Like most on here I fully expect this to be his last season with us.

I thought the writing was on the wall when we played Red Star at home and he was set clean through on goal and had less pace than me nan.

Our squad players have to be better if we're going to win major honours.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,042 posts | 3122 
      Reply #1670: Nov 07, 2018 01:31:04 pm
      I actually thought he was our best tonight.

Not saying much mind.

Maybe not our best, but one of for sure. Like you say though....not saying a whole lot, but he at least put in a shift and created some chances.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,672 posts | 2588 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1671: Nov 24, 2018 02:23:57 am
      Injured again. Beyond a joke, at least when Sturridge is fit to play he’s able to offer us something. Lallana is just stealing a wage and a place in the team for someone else now. Seriously time to move on from him and start pushing Jones on more.
      heimdall

• 7,181 posts | 1357 
      Reply #1672: Nov 24, 2018 11:05:21 am
      Injured again. Beyond a joke, at least when Sturridge is fit to play he’s able to offer us something. Lallana is just stealing a wage and a place in the team for someone else now. Seriously time to move on from him and start pushing Jones on more.

He's just a drain on the team now.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,127 posts | 2707 
      Reply #1673: Nov 24, 2018 11:13:33 am
      I really thought a fully fit Adam would be such a bonus to the team but a half fit out of form Lallana is just a bad smell hanging around the place get him fit for the January Sales.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,168 posts | 709 
      Reply #1674: Nov 24, 2018 05:04:25 pm
      What! His he still here  ???
      Scottbot

• 6,966 posts | 1057 
      Reply #1675: Nov 24, 2018 08:42:13 pm
      Surprised to read some of the comments in here. Dissapointing to hear he is currently injured but i'm assuming its a small knock? The lad needs more time, he has been out a long time. I think he can still find his form but he looks like he needs a proper spell clear of injuries and minutes under his belt.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,220 posts | 986 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1676: Nov 24, 2018 08:44:22 pm
      YNWA Adam hey
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,127 posts | 2707 
      Reply #1677: Nov 24, 2018 08:52:13 pm
      Surprised to read some of the comments in here. Dissapointing to hear he is currently injured but i'm assuming its a small knock? The lad needs more time, he has been out a long time. I think he can still find his form but he looks like he needs a proper spell clear of injuries and minutes under his belt.

his problem is when he was at his best for us was two seasons ago and this team is so much better now even at his best where would he play? I have a tremendous respect for Adam but he got injured at the worst possible time for his career
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,672 posts | 2588 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1678: Nov 24, 2018 10:05:13 pm

Forgot people weren’t allowed to say anything negative about how some players simply aren’t good enough for us.
      Come on mate, he’s done sod all for us for most of his time with us, apart from one good half season after Klopp first arrived. The money he’s getting to not actually do anything I think justifies people’s opinions, especially when he’s clearly taking a space in the team away from someone who should actually start pushing on to the first team. Nothing personal against him, not for me or anyone else but it’s simply time he left and was forgotten.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,094 posts | 1693 
      Reply #1679: Nov 24, 2018 10:07:42 pm

I'm not so sure Scott. He's a quality footballer but I just think the team has went beyond him now and I can't really see him as anything more of a squad option in the near future.

Would be surprised if he's even with us in a years time.

Quick Reply