Trending Topics

Next match: Cardiff v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Cardiff City Stadium

Today is the 21st of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W15 D9 L7

Adam Lallana Player Thread

Read 111932 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,207 posts | 1131 
      Re: Adam Lallana Player Thread
      Reply #1700: Jan 30, 2019 11:05:09 pm
      Needs a run of games before being written off one of the first names on the team sheet for England as well not so long ago deserves that much

He won't get a run of games and he'll certainly be gone in the Summer.

Like Stu he's too slow and injury prone I'm afraid.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,875 posts | 3302 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1701: Jan 30, 2019 11:19:40 pm
      Needs a run of games before being written off one of the first names on the team sheet for England as well not so long ago deserves that much

Thing is though, 1) he isn’t good enough to have a run of games. 2) he’s never fit enough to have a run of games.

When we’ve used up our main substitutions, in today’s case Fab, the likes of Lallana and everyone else on the bench is essentially a lucky dip as to who gets on next. I think I’d have genuinely preferred us to have gone for Origi and launched some long balls into the box.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,020 posts | 1098 
      Reply #1702: Jan 30, 2019 11:53:44 pm
      Thing is though, 1) he isn’t good enough to have a run of games. 2) he’s never fit enough to have a run of games.

When we’ve used up our main substitutions, in today’s case Fab, the likes of Lallana and everyone else on the bench is essentially a lucky dip as to who gets on next. I think I’d have genuinely preferred us to have gone for Origi and launched some long balls into the box.

For the evolution of this team we need to phase out the likes of Lallana, Sturridge and Origi next season. The failed Fekir signing would have seen the back of Lallana and perhaps it's somebody we will go back for in the Summer. We could then sell Lallana and use Shaq in the role he should occupy as impact sub.

The bench at present ain't up to much. It's very hard for Klopp to change a game with his bench.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,243 posts | 514 
      Reply #1703: Jan 31, 2019 06:17:35 pm

He is a shadow of his former self mate. I still think he is good at holding the ball and not giving away possession, but physically he cannot cope with the pace anymore and it is affecting his general play. He was really good 2016/2017 season but then injury hit him and never recovered ever since .

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,314 posts | 2930 
      Reply #1704: Feb 04, 2019 10:18:49 pm
      I think his days are numbered offers nothing at all these days.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,653 posts | 1767 
      Reply #1705: Feb 04, 2019 10:19:33 pm
      I think his days are numbered offers nothing at all these days.

Was a huge huge huge fan of his, but I too think it's time for him to move on in the summer.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,179 posts | 1722 
      Reply #1706: Feb 04, 2019 11:59:00 pm
      Was a huge huge huge fan of his, but I too think it's time for him to move on in the summer.

It would have been much better to have played Shaq instead of him tonight.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,875 posts | 3302 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1707: Feb 05, 2019 02:34:15 am
      One good moment that led to us scoring. Other than that, usual nothing performance from him. We got lucky with the offside flag.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,844 posts | 242 
      Reply #1708: Feb 05, 2019 07:55:57 am
      First Start since October what were you expecting ? Set up the goal , stopped two good chances in our own box and ran his was off was no worse than than other two in fact was probably better. Agendas on some people is frightening
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 351 posts | 67 
      Reply #1709: Feb 05, 2019 07:59:09 am
      Did no bad than any of the other players. Firmino, Salah, Keita were shocking yesterday. Not fair to pick him out when the whole team was dosh.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,762 posts | 2224 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1710: Feb 05, 2019 08:03:53 am
      He actually played better than I expected him to
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,179 posts | 1722 
      Reply #1711: Feb 05, 2019 12:10:03 pm
      First Start since October what were you expecting ? Set up the goal , stopped two good chances in our own box and ran his was off was no worse than than other two in fact was probably better. Agendas on some people is frightening

Sorry but he really wasn't better than Fabinho or Keita in any aspect, I actually saw some quite positive signs from Keita in the second half with him running with the ball and attacking the opposition, he is still a bit sloppy when in possession but even that is getting better. Fabinho is quality with some very nice passes but he struggled a bit yesterday in a poor team display.
      Lallana though is just a waste of space a void, he adds nothing to the team defensively or attacking, even the goal was lucky as he should have released the ball to Milner earlier.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,842 posts | 1660 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1712: Feb 05, 2019 12:16:56 pm
      Not going to give him much criticism as he lacks match sharpness and the late changes to the team didn't help either
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 351 posts | 67 
      Reply #1713: Feb 05, 2019 12:22:32 pm
      Sorry but he really wasn't better than Fabinho or Keita in any aspect, I actually saw some quite positive signs from Keita in the second half with him running with the ball and attacking the opposition, he is still a bit sloppy when in possession but even that is getting better. Fabinho is quality with some very nice passes but he struggled a bit yesterday in a poor team display.
      Lallana though is just a waste of space a void, he adds nothing to the team defensively or attacking, even the goal was lucky as he should have released the ball to Milner earlier.

But Keita and Fabinho should have been much better than Lallana, isn't it? Keita in particular was so damn wasteful. I agree that I dont see any future for him in this team, but particularly yesterday, he was no more worse than any of the other midfielders and attacking trio.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,111 posts | 208 
      Reply #1714: Feb 05, 2019 12:33:11 pm
      Thought Lallana, Robbo and Sadio were our best 3 players last night. Surprised he came off but no doubt he is not 100% fitness-wise yet.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,179 posts | 1722 
      Reply #1715: Feb 05, 2019 12:35:12 pm
      But Keita and Fabinho should have been much better than Lallana, isn't it? Keita in particular was so damn wasteful. I agree that I dont see any future for him in this team, but particularly yesterday, he was no more worse than any of the other midfielders and attacking trio.

Sorry but I disagree, I saw a lot more from Keita and Fabinho than I did Lallana, but then I've never quite "got" Lallana, he has never looked like a good midfielder to me, defensively or attacking, apart from one small patch for us a few years ago.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,179 posts | 1722 
      Reply #1716: Feb 05, 2019 12:36:59 pm
      Thought Lallana, Robbo and Sadio were our best 3 players last night. Surprised he came off but no doubt he is not 100% fitness-wise yet.

Did Robbo or Lallana make any assists or passes which should have been converted last night, if so I must have missed it. Don't get me wrong I love Robbo to bits but his final ball in was pretty sh*t yesterday and it was against Leicester as well.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,111 posts | 208 
      Reply #1717: Feb 05, 2019 12:45:25 pm
      Did Robbo or Lallana make any assists or passes which should have been converted last night, if so I must have missed it. Don't get me wrong I love Robbo to bits but his final ball in was pretty sh*t yesterday and it was against Leicester as well.

Did you miss Lallana's role in our goal?

Nobody played great, so it is all relative as to who played best. I thought Robbo, Mane and Lallana put in the hardest shifts and played ok.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,208 posts | 2154 
      Reply #1718: Feb 05, 2019 01:34:17 pm
      Considering the amount of playing time he's missed, along with his injuries, I thought he had a pretty decent game in a team that was misfiring.

His work hassling, harrying and closing down is excellent.
      His defensive play was pretty good.
      He pretty much created the goal by his play out on the touchline.

I don't see the issue.
      A fully fit and on form Lallana can only be a good thing for the team and squad, but he won't get form sitting on the bench.
      He needs game time, and if that's 60 (as a starter) or 20/30 mins as a sub coming on, he'll get to where we want him to be.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,844 posts | 242 
      Reply #1719: Feb 05, 2019 09:19:51 pm

The sh*te that  comes out of your mouth my Lord
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,111 posts | 208 
      Reply #1720: Mar 10, 2019 03:35:51 pm
      Good game the day. Could still be an important player in the run in. We are looking for a creative midfielder to step up, and he looks to be in the front of the queue now.

I'd probably start Naby in midweek against Bayern though (back in Germany might bring out the best in him), then Adam in the league next weekend.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,637 posts | 1998 
      Reply #1721: Mar 10, 2019 03:40:37 pm
      I said a while back I thought he was finished with us.

Shows what I know. ;D

Credit to him for forcing Jürgen to pick him and then backing it up with a MOTM performance.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts | 242 
      Reply #1722: Mar 10, 2019 04:11:27 pm
      I said a while back I thought he was finished with us.

Shows what I know. ;D

Credit to him for forcing Jürgen to pick him and then backing it up with a MOTM performance.

I still think he needs to be moved on but today showed he can still be a positive impact as we chase down the title.

Always liked Adam. Works his socks off and never complains.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,502 posts | 4895 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1723: Mar 10, 2019 05:59:25 pm
      Played a f**king belter today. Has had a good bit of time back in training and he's starting to get those gears clicking. He was always looking for that front three no matter where he was on the field. Off the ball he was as relentless as he was on it. A HUGE factor in the number of chances we created today. We need to create chances in Munich and personally I wouldn't hesitate to include him in the starting eleven come Wednesday night.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #1724: Mar 10, 2019 06:43:08 pm
      I offer him a new contract. He didn't talk like Moreno, he always tried hard and today you could see that Adam is not finished at all and could re-flourish any time. At the very least he'd be a decent back-up.

Quick Reply