Trending Topics

Next match: Man Utd v LFC [Premier League] Sun 24th Feb @ 2:05 pm
      Old Trafford

Today is the 21st of February and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W10 D5 L5

Adam Lallana Player Thread

Read 108100 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,634 posts | 2138 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Adam Lallana Player Thread
      Reply #1710: Feb 05, 2019 08:03:53 am
      He actually played better than I expected him to
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,806 posts | 1594 
      Reply #1711: Feb 05, 2019 12:10:03 pm
      First Start since October what were you expecting ? Set up the goal , stopped two good chances in our own box and ran his was off was no worse than than other two in fact was probably better. Agendas on some people is frightening

Sorry but he really wasn't better than Fabinho or Keita in any aspect, I actually saw some quite positive signs from Keita in the second half with him running with the ball and attacking the opposition, he is still a bit sloppy when in possession but even that is getting better. Fabinho is quality with some very nice passes but he struggled a bit yesterday in a poor team display.
      Lallana though is just a waste of space a void, he adds nothing to the team defensively or attacking, even the goal was lucky as he should have released the ball to Milner earlier.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,431 posts | 1523 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1712: Feb 05, 2019 12:16:56 pm
      Not going to give him much criticism as he lacks match sharpness and the late changes to the team didn't help either
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 347 posts | 66 
      Reply #1713: Feb 05, 2019 12:22:32 pm
      Sorry but he really wasn't better than Fabinho or Keita in any aspect, I actually saw some quite positive signs from Keita in the second half with him running with the ball and attacking the opposition, he is still a bit sloppy when in possession but even that is getting better. Fabinho is quality with some very nice passes but he struggled a bit yesterday in a poor team display.
      Lallana though is just a waste of space a void, he adds nothing to the team defensively or attacking, even the goal was lucky as he should have released the ball to Milner earlier.

But Keita and Fabinho should have been much better than Lallana, isn't it? Keita in particular was so damn wasteful. I agree that I dont see any future for him in this team, but particularly yesterday, he was no more worse than any of the other midfielders and attacking trio.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,075 posts | 195 
      Reply #1714: Feb 05, 2019 12:33:11 pm
      Thought Lallana, Robbo and Sadio were our best 3 players last night. Surprised he came off but no doubt he is not 100% fitness-wise yet.
      heimdall

• 7,806 posts | 1594 
      Reply #1715: Feb 05, 2019 12:35:12 pm
      But Keita and Fabinho should have been much better than Lallana, isn't it? Keita in particular was so damn wasteful. I agree that I dont see any future for him in this team, but particularly yesterday, he was no more worse than any of the other midfielders and attacking trio.

Sorry but I disagree, I saw a lot more from Keita and Fabinho than I did Lallana, but then I've never quite "got" Lallana, he has never looked like a good midfielder to me, defensively or attacking, apart from one small patch for us a few years ago.
      heimdall

• 7,806 posts | 1594 
      Reply #1716: Feb 05, 2019 12:36:59 pm
      Thought Lallana, Robbo and Sadio were our best 3 players last night. Surprised he came off but no doubt he is not 100% fitness-wise yet.

Did Robbo or Lallana make any assists or passes which should have been converted last night, if so I must have missed it. Don't get me wrong I love Robbo to bits but his final ball in was pretty sh*t yesterday and it was against Leicester as well.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,075 posts | 195 
      Reply #1717: Feb 05, 2019 12:45:25 pm
      Did Robbo or Lallana make any assists or passes which should have been converted last night, if so I must have missed it. Don't get me wrong I love Robbo to bits but his final ball in was pretty sh*t yesterday and it was against Leicester as well.

Did you miss Lallana's role in our goal?

Nobody played great, so it is all relative as to who played best. I thought Robbo, Mane and Lallana put in the hardest shifts and played ok.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,767 posts | 1965 
      Reply #1718: Feb 05, 2019 01:34:17 pm
      Considering the amount of playing time he's missed, along with his injuries, I thought he had a pretty decent game in a team that was misfiring.

His work hassling, harrying and closing down is excellent.
      His defensive play was pretty good.
      He pretty much created the goal by his play out on the touchline.

I don't see the issue.
      A fully fit and on form Lallana can only be a good thing for the team and squad, but he won't get form sitting on the bench.
      He needs game time, and if that's 60 (as a starter) or 20/30 mins as a sub coming on, he'll get to where we want him to be.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 206 
      Reply #1719: Feb 05, 2019 09:19:51 pm

The sh*te that  comes out of your mouth my Lord

Quick Reply