Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Huddersfield [Premier League] Fri 26th Apr @ 8:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P22 W9 D6 L7

Adam Lallana Player Thread

Read 112069 times
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,814 posts | 785 
      • YNWA
      Re: Adam Lallana Player Thread
      Reply #1725: Mar 10, 2019 07:15:13 pm
      Good to see Adam having a real influence on a game, and at a time in the season when we really needed it.
      Hopefully he keeps up the good form, need every swingin dick in the field for this run in..
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,976 posts | 907 
      Reply #1726: Mar 10, 2019 07:25:24 pm
      Give him his due he was great today, but it was one game, and I feel that he will be equally as bad as he was good in the next five or six games he plays in... Too inconsistent and more often than not lacks end product
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,249 posts | 1133 
      Reply #1727: Mar 10, 2019 07:32:45 pm
      Give him his due he was great today, but it was one game, and I feel that he will be equally as bad as he was good in the next five or six games he plays in... Too inconsistent and more often than not lacks end product

What are you on about?

He was consistently good every game for nearly a full season a couple years back before his injury problems.

What evidence have you to show he's an inconsistent player he hasn't had a run of six consecutive games for 2 years?
      « Last Edit: Mar 10, 2019 07:39:52 pm by bazspeedman »
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,265 posts | 287 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1728: Mar 10, 2019 07:57:46 pm
      Was perfect for this game and today Adam reminded me what he brings to the team, he CAN be that connect to the front three, he still has the legs for it and most definitely has the intelligence for it.

I am not saying Adam is now a dead cert to start games but after that performance I think if fitness allows him he should be given a chance to prove himself again, I prefer Shaq and Naby but right now we need players that make a difference week in week out, if Klopp thinks that Adam's the best chance of that then I am fine with it. Although if he put in a stinker of a performance today I may be singing a different tune, but the fact is his performance spoke volumes.

Keep it up Adam!
      saille29
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 707 posts | 30 
      Reply #1729: Mar 10, 2019 08:13:58 pm
      Gotta give the lad praise when due, great performance & I hope he continues in the same vain
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,976 posts | 907 
      Reply #1730: Mar 10, 2019 09:55:53 pm
      What are you on about?

He was consistently good every game for nearly a full season a couple years back before his injury problems.

What evidence have you to show he's an inconsistent player he hasn't had a run of six consecutive games for 2 years?
      Whatever!

If that was the case why then are so many of so say the same thing about him before the match...? A couple season back he  show high enrgy, and was good at the high press but he still lacked end product,

It always amazes me... A player will play like sh*t for most of his matches and most fans moan about it, say how useless he is, but if he plays one good game, makes one pass that leads to a goal, or score one himself then it is all forgotten about and everyone start say how good he is... Sorry not me the only thing consistant about Adam Lallana is his consistant lack of "no end product"...
      « Last Edit: Mar 10, 2019 10:06:28 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,299 posts | 2882 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1731: Mar 10, 2019 11:09:21 pm
      Get the f**k in Adam.

The Man has amazing feet, f**king twinkle toes.

Keep it going mate.

MOTM for sure.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,249 posts | 1133 
      Reply #1732: Mar 10, 2019 11:47:24 pm
      Whatever!

If that was the case why then are so many of so say the same thing about him before the match...? A couple season back he  show high enrgy, and was good at the high press but he still lacked end product,

It always amazes me... A player will play like sh*t for most of his matches and most fans moan about it, say how useless he is, but if he plays one good game, makes one pass that leads to a goal, or score one himself then it is all forgotten about and everyone start say how good he is... Sorry not me the only thing consistant about Adam Lallana is his consistant lack of "no end product"...

He got 8 goals 7 assists in the PL the season before last which was more "end product" than any of our midfielders this season. This was coupled with brilliant work rate and pressing he consistently performing at. Jürgen rated him very highly.

So to say he consistently lacked end product two seasons ago is factually incorrect and complete nonsense talk.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,857 posts | 1665 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1733: Mar 10, 2019 11:53:06 pm
      Like a new signing... :f_whistle:
      LondonRed83
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,953 posts | 1106 
      Reply #1734: Mar 11, 2019 07:09:22 am

F***ing hate posts like this.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,324 posts | 2934 
      Reply #1735: Mar 11, 2019 07:42:49 am
      He was ok did what we know he can do.

Nothing spectacular but the fact he got stuck in made him stand out.
      Dadorious
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,818 posts | 1020 
      Reply #1736: Mar 11, 2019 08:21:04 am
      Very pleased for Adam horror run with injuries. Hoping he can stay fit and build on that performance. I believe he still is part of an important narrative that is this season.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,265 posts | 287 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1737: Mar 11, 2019 08:22:04 am

Glass half full vs half empty
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,952 posts | 2507 
      Reply #1738: Mar 11, 2019 12:24:48 pm
      Had a great game  ... hassled and harassed .

(Just like an ex .... ;D)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,948 posts | 3342 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1739: Mar 11, 2019 06:35:49 pm
      He was ok did what we know he can do.

Nothing spectacular but the fact he got stuck in made him stand out.

Pretty much where I am on it too.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,324 posts | 2934 
      Reply #1740: Mar 18, 2019 09:22:44 am
      Was looking at player ratings on another site and Adam was mentioned, completely forgot he actually played yesterday such was his anonymity.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,517 posts | 3293 
      Reply #1741: Mar 18, 2019 10:40:08 am
      Was looking at player ratings on another site and Adam was mentioned, completely forgot he actually played yesterday such was his anonymity.

Was better than Gini...not sure if that is saying much, but more involved in attack and the press.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,324 posts | 2934 
      Reply #1742: Mar 18, 2019 10:54:07 am
      Was better than Gini...not sure if that is saying much, but more involved in attack and the press.

Not much between them, don’t think Adam did much going forward and you can’t really press a team which is intent on sitting so Dept, Gini has been pretty meh for a while not sure if he is fully fit since his knee injury.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,221 posts | 2167 
      Reply #1743: Mar 18, 2019 01:22:42 pm
      He was OK yesterday.

Nothing outstanding, but he put a shift in.
      If the front 3 had been a bit more on it, with movement and creating space, we would have seen more from him.
      That's NOT to blame the front 3. It's hard to create space and have good movement when the opposition pack those area's.

Quick Reply